Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This team will finish 2-14

redskins0756

We lost by 40 something points to the team that in many people's minds, should've been the defending champs last year but we were good enough to make the playoffs and compete.

We lost by 9 tonight to the team that beat the team who should've been the defending champs, and are crying we got dominated..."scrap the team"...WAHH WAHH WAHH "put Colt in"...WAHH WAHH WAHH "Campbell suxors" WAHH WAHH WAHHH. I guess no one read my post last week about the reality that this team is going to lose games.

You know...all you '2-14' guys don't have to watch the rest of the season...and better yet...don't come and post on the board either. You have no good observations and no good solutions or insight either...so plz...do us a favor and gtfo.

Yes we did lose 52-7 to the Patriots last year. However prior to that game we had started the season 2-0. We had a HOF coach, an up and coming QB, and optimism on our side. Along with healthy players.

However this season that's not the case. We have 4 active WR's. A rookie coach. Injuries that deplete us. And huge questions at every position.

No good observations? I don't think that's appropriate to say. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you agree that's great if you don't please make a point of why you don't agree and we can have a discussion.

Just attacking people isn't the way to go.

And for the record, Philadelphia isn't that good. Somebody needs to step up and comment on the elephant in the room which is the fact that they haven't done much with that team coming off a couple off years.

We will win 1 of 2 games versus philly, to sum up.

Take it easy.

I disagree about Philly. They are going to wipe the floor with us if Zorn doesn't get some common sense play calling and better preparation going.

The Eagles are proven. They still have one of the best Coaches and Defenses in the league, plus a seasoned QB that knows his system inside and out. The only concerns is like us...they have an aging O-line. Ours just got schooled by the Giants D-line (until the 2nd half but the play calling and lack of a possession receiver killed us).

You're an idiot..Nothing else needs to be said.

I'm happy to hear your points.

Like I said in a previous post I really don't mind people disagreeing. But you just say something like "you're an idiot" at least provide some justification. And if you say "your post" well what portions of it and why do you feel that way?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Whether you like it or not is your choice, but if you want to make a comment at least provide some amount of analysis.

See unfortunately you didn't read the points in my post so making very broad statements connecting this game to my point is wrong.

I've been very worried about this season ever since the last 2 games of the preseason. You don't just get blown out with your starters like that and have no repercussions. And tonight is only adding to the theory that this season is going to end up WORSE than 06.

2-14 is hard to swallow which is why I think a lot of people are unable to actually look at the facts and instead feel the need to make personal attacks.

I don't mind them but if you're going to make some points please don't just say that "oh after one loss we're going 2-14?" No I did not say that. Feel free to read my entire OP about my theory for the season.

There was no reason to read your entire post, it would be a waste of time.

The fact that you think this team will go 2-14 is enough reading for me because it proves that you are being over dramatic and venting.

Very few teams in the NFL go 2-14, you have to be extremely bad to go 2-14. You have to be awful on offense and defense to have a record like that.

Saying they will go 2-14 is like someone saying they've done something a million times, you said it to get attention.

You almost have to try to lose games to go 2-14 in the NFL today.

Like I said in a previous post I really don't mind people disagreeing. But you just say something like "you're an idiot" at least provide some justification. And if you say "your post" well what portions of it and why do you feel that way?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Whether you like it or not is your choice, but if you want to make a comment at least provide some amount of analysis.

Ok.

This was Jim Zorns first game as a Head Coach.

The giants had all the emotion after the opening festivities.

We played like **** but only lost by 9 on the road.

We played without Shawn Springs.

We dropped a few INT's(COULD have changed the game)

The defense only allowed 16 points(Usually that should be good enough for us to win.)

No good observations? I don't think that's appropriate to say. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you agree that's great if you don't please make a point of why you don't agree and we can have a discussion.

Um...lets see...first of all speculating isn't an observation...no one knows how this team is going to turn out but to suggest that a former playoff team can't win more than 2 games the next year reeks of overreacting when we showed, by not getting completely embarrassed, that we can even compete with the defending SB champs.

Yes, our coaching needs to be better. Yes, or line play needs to better on both sides of the ball. Yes our WRs need to play better overall.

But does all that REALLY translate into 2-14? I don't think so...and it really sounds like a cop-out so that you don't feel so bad after the team loses. Sorry..but most fans that have any sort of a brain know that this is not this year's version of the Miami Dolphins. And if we are...then you will be right and I will be a dumbass...and I'll admit it at the end of the season.

You just about hit it like, I posted earlier in the Halftime Thoughts thread.

It's definitely going to be a looooooooooong season.

VS Saints, I go with a lose

VS Cardinals, w/ Boldin & Fitz, I'll say a lose

@ Cowboys, lose

@ Eagles, lose

0-3 in our division now

VS Rams, I hope a W, but a lose IS possible

VS Browns, the Browns are my AFC team that, I think can can do damage.

@ Lions, lose...our secondary by this time will be spent IMO...they receivers that they've faced thus far will be their demise.

VS Steelers, will be embarassing for our Oline...it will be thin going into this game...in the end another L.

0-9 possibly by this point...rumblings & rumors from fans of Jason Taylor bringing a 1-15 jink with him. Dan Synder is livid by now, he's close to passing out pink slips and calling Cowher.

VS Cowboys, a close game, but Jason Campbell throws an INT to end game. After this, Danny is telling Zorn, WTF is going on around here? Zorn says, Todd Collins will start at Seattle, but Synder is in favor of Colt so...the future starts....

@ Seahawks, Brennan & Co. light it up for 3 first half TDs, but TJ Duckett answers in the 4th Qtr with the late go a head TD...final 27-28 Seahawks.

VS Giants , a rally come from behind win for Colt. 21-20 final...1-11

@ Ravens, win...2-11

@ Bengals, win...3-11

VS Eagles, lose...

@ 49ers, big win...4-12

I think you need to justify laying out a 2-14 season based on ONE GAME. Look at the Giants last season!!! They were 0-2 and gave up 80 points their first two games under a new defensive coordinator. We have a new Head Coach, new OC, and a new DC and lose by 9 points on the road v. the Super Bowl Champs in the season opener and you're calling it a 2-14 season? I'm not saying we're going to do what the Giants did last season but we are only going to get better as the season goes along IMO as JC gets more acclimated to the offense and we get more contributions from the younger guys...

ok last year when we were blown out by the patriots...did anybody think we were going to the playoffs? but look what happened? this is week 1 chill out bro...as much as i hated what i saw out there...i still saw some positive things...the defense held the defending super bowl champs to 1 touchdown...thats better than what the patriots did in the super bowl...

Yes we did lose 52-7 to the Patriots last year. However prior to that game we had started the season 2-0. We had a HOF coach, an up and coming QB, and optimism on our side. Along with healthy players.

However this season that's not the case. We have 4 active WR's. A rookie coach. Injuries that deplete us. And huge questions at every position.

Yea...We did get dominated by the Pats... However, this year it's a new offense, same defense... The D is ahead of the O. The defense gave up only one TD, and there were 2 holding calls and 2 fluke plays to get the Gints in scoring position. (Fluke plays being the plax catch down in the redzone, and Smoots PI call -- Def a good spot to call a no call or a double penalty...)...

Regardless, the game was decided by two scores -- 9 points. The way they moved the ball it should have been much much worse. Once the offense clicks, we will be ok. JC is still getting everything down. I can agree with your assessment possibly halfway through the season, but right now, frankly, your jumping the gun and seeming a little over zealous to say that the sky if falling. Give it time, it took Hasselback over what 2 season to get Holmgren's WCO down? I mean, man, chill out, have a beer (wait you aren't old enough for those yet). If we don't see improvement by game 6 or so, you can feel free to say we are doomed and slit your wrists...

Gibbs II was not a HOF coach.

We have the same QB you called up and coming in your post.

We had injuries last year at that same time. Maybe you don't recall we lost Rogers for the season that game and our wr's were in and out of the lineup throughout the season.

You may have some points, but you jumped the gun big time and coming to a conclusion on the season based on one game is ridiculous. You should know that basing an analysis one one road game to start the season is ridiculous....

WoW, thats really all that can be said about some of the *ahem* posts in this thread... Really? Is it that freakin' bad? Yes, we lost... it happens. Did we look good? No, by no stretch of the imagination.... does anything I saw tonight lead me to believe that we can only win 2, 3, maybe 4 games this year.... NO!

Is this some peoples way of dealing with the sting of a loss?

Are some people really that out of touch?

I have a 13 year old that isnt as much of a drama queen as some of you people, get a grip!

Archived