Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got Gibbs?

skins fan1010

I am as optimistic a fan as any fan out there, but seriously, where are the Gibbs bashers now? Has the game passed Zorn by at 55? Gibbs never looked that bad managing a clock or a game in his entire career.

You could pull Gibbs out of a retirement home twenty years from now and he wouldn't run when you need two scores and there are two and a half minutes left in the game. He wouldn't throw another pass when you need two scores and are in field goal range with one minute left.

Here's one thing I know after watching this game: The Redskins are a better team than the Giants but their coach was inept. The Giants got lucky again today; they got to play the Skins in Zorn's first game.

If Zorn doesn't wake up in the next ten days, the season will be over before it began. This is a playoff team that is going to waste. I'll bet Snyder and Cerrato now wish that they had treated Gregg Williams a little better last year.

Actually, I thought tonight's play calling looked painfully similar to Gibbs II. Conservative and plain stupid at times. I hope Zorn learns quickly. This is not the west coast offense I expected, nor is it the answer to the "vanilla" play calling during the preseason (so they say).

If you mean tonight looked the same as Gibbs' offense of the last 4 years, then I would have to agree.

I am as optimistic a fan as any fan out there, but seriously, where are the Gibbs bashers now? Has the game passed Zorn by at 55? Gibbs never looked that bad managing a clock or a game in his entire career.

You could pull Gibbs out of a retirement home twenty years from now and he wouldn't run when you need two scores and there are two and a half minutes left in the game. He wouldn't throw another pass when you need two scores and are in field goal range with one minute left.

Here's one thing I know after watching this game: The Redskins are a better team than the Giants but their coach was inept. The Giants got lucky again today; they got to play the Skins in Zorn's first game.

If Zorn doesn't wake up in the next ten days, the season will be over before it began. This is a playoff team that is going to waste. I'll bet Snyder and Cerrato now wish that they had treated Gregg Williams a little better last year.

"A" freak'n Men brutha!!! I was almost in tears yelling what is he doing? I'm not sure he has ten days to wake up. I just hope this was a sobering reality and now understands what he's truely looking at. Was it me or did it seem that all we could do was attempt to run up the middle all night? I'm not sure if his playbook is as big as Al Saunders but I sure as heck hope its bigger than those two offensive sets, three yard curls, and HB dive up the middle. I had an epiphany during the game. We got rid of the only continuity we would've had when we got rid of Greg Williams. Its clear that Blanche was running jack on the D side of the ball last year. Whoa is me...... HTTR

Actually, I thought tonight's play calling looked painfully similar to Gibbs II. Conservative and plain stupid at times. I hope Zorn learns quickly. This is not the west coast offense I expected, nor is it the answer to the "vanilla" play calling during the preseason (so they say).

If you mean tonight looked the same as Gibbs' offense of the last 4 years, then I would have to agree.

Maybe they ran the ball because JC wasn't finding open recievers and was holding onto the ball too long. Conservative play ended with the Skins only losing by 9 in the Meadowlands to the SB champs.

Here's the scary thing. Did Zorn's playcalling indicate the amount of faith he has in JC?

I distinctly remember feeling that the O was ahead of where I thought it would be after watching portions of the 1st two preseason games. Through the remaining games and now this one, it seems like every pass play is an adventure. Besides the Moss crossing route for a TD, the Giants D was always within hands reach of our receivers. Surprised Moss didn't blow out a knee taking that hit right after he caught the ball. Well, at least Zorn had a chance to see the results of plays that he probably thought would work in certain situations. Hopefully now he and the O make some adjustments that produce points. Don't want to go through another season where scoring 20 points + in a game is a minor miracle.

What we need to realize as fans is that Zorn is learning with the team. As the season goes on, we will get stronger and learn from our mistakes. No matter if we make noise this year or not, I think we are headed in the right direction. Zorn will learn as well with time, and I'm confident that we will be a better team. I know everyone wants to win now. We are building towards that and itll happen. We just started off slow, but it doesn't mean well keep that way. Stay the course, Zorn isn't George Bush, LOL.

I really didi not see that much of a difference in Gibbs and Zorn, from poor play calling to horrific clock management.

No?

You really think Gibbs would have had them huddling with three minutes left? I don't. Running near the end of the game when you need two scores? I don't see it unless Gibbs was setting up the field goal and an onside kick. But Zorn had the chance to kick the field goal and try for a win--a miracle win to be sure but at least a chance for a win--and he declined. So why run in that spot?

Honestly...I hope I am wrong...but I do not think Zorn understood that they still had a chance to win the game if they kicked a field goal in that spot. There is no other explanation for that call...and if that is true, this will be a long, frustrating season. Frustrating because it is a playoff-caliber team.

What was Gibbs II main weakness...Quarterbacks! He didn't have an eye for the position, and one of his guys is this teams Qb.

First of all, there is only one Gibbs. There is no I or II or 2.0. It was the same guy. Gibbs led them to two playoff appearances in the last three years. So, lets stop this I and II stuff.

Having said that, do you really think the guy who won three super bowls with three different quarterbacks didn't have an eye for the position?

gibbs RETIRED! even if you supported "gibbs 2.0," the fact remains he quit.

comparing him to zorn is an exercise in futility.

The fact remains that,

A.) Gibbs II was the last 4 years of Redskins football, and

B.) Zorn I (at least tonight) looked exactly the same as Gibbs II.

It's not an exercise in futility, it's the truth. Conservative, predictable play calling. The real question is, how was Zorn's first regular season outing (in terms of game planning, play calling, clock management) different than the last few years under Gibbs?

Archived