Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got Gibbs?

skins fan1010

Actually I thought it looked a lot like a Gibb's s II game:

1) Poor clock management...a huge issue in Gibb's

2) Run, Run, run when the time was clearly running out and we needed to go no huddle and pass, pass, pass.

3) Poor QB play, a Gibb's II staple

4) Letting teams run the score up in the beginning of the game and fall short at the end...but I must admit with Gibbs II we usually lost in the end with a bone headed play, in combination with poor clock management and play selection.

I never thought Brunell was a good choice at QB and I feel similarly about JC. But Zorn adopted him when he took the team. Still I really think in the long run JC will be benched and Colt will get his shot. Campbell does not have the quick release needed, nor does he truly "see" the field and multiple options. And frankly it is a shame and you can talk about multiple coaches and offenses, but the bottom line remains: he is not getting it. So my prediction is that he will sit by game four when we are 1-3.

Gibbs maximized his talent on the team. Last year he had the roster of a 4-12 team after Taylor died and got them to 9-7. In 2005 he had the roster of a 6-10 team and got them to be 10-6.

Name a coach that can get to the playoffs and compete with Todd Collins and Mark Brunell as starting QBs? Half the offensive line gone each year. And in 2005 no wide outs.

He never even had a TO type of wide out.

Just lets say Gibbs came back and went to a team with an established good QB and solid core? He could of won another super bowl.

The roster he had here was below average.

i said this in another thread, that Gibbs did a GREAT job coaching the team for the 4 years...although where he failed as coaching was fielding an inconsistent offense all 4 years

he also FAILED miserably as the team president...he traded away bunch of picks for nothing, gave out huge contracts to undeserving players, and got rid of players that played well...he didn't really leave the team with much to work with

• 3 weeks later...

Archived