Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com : Kelly Out Just Another 2 Weeks

CRobi21

I don't know how "unrelated" this is...but I came across this on a blog (aol sports) http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/08/31/jason-taylor-might-be-sitting-with-osi-umenyiora-in-the-season-o/

"More proof that God has something against Dan Snyder: No. 2 wideout Antwaan Randle El has a broken bone in his left hand. He'll play against the Giants, however, but will have to wear a protective brace. That should hinder his ability to catch the ball."

Anybody else here anything about this?

I believe that's the injury that kept ARE out of the Carolina game. He'll be good to go for the Giants game.

As for Kelly, this seems about right to me. When ARE had his scope back in May, they gave an ETA of 6 - 8 weeks before he'd be back up to full speed. So, Week 3 appears to be exactly within that time frame for Kelly to be back up to speed after his scope on Aug. 4. No worries here. I think by the end of the season both Kelly AND Thomas will be able to contribute in a limited fashion. Jury's still out after that, but here's hoping they get better and better and become the new 1-2 punch in a couple of years.

Perhaps it would be wise to wait a little more than, oh, I don't know, four preseason games before we label someone a bust. Just throwin' ideas out here.

Blasphemy! Either they make the pro bowl this year by playing every snap during all 16 games plus playoffs and super bowl.. or they are worthless BUMS!!!1

In two weeks Zorn will announce that this worthless bum will be out another two weeks. After that, Zorn will announce that he is going on IR. During the off season Zorn (if he's still around after a 5-11 record) will announce that Kelly has a chronic knee condition that can't be fixed (which 31 other teams already knew). Keep up the good work, Vinny.

GTFO stupid troll. Have some sense. The coaches know more than you and know what to do in these situations. If you want to bash the team like this, hand in your fan card and go somewhere else.

Kelly could have lingering knee issues his entire career.

Thats mainly the reason why I was hoping we would have taking Limas Sweed. A wrist vs. constant knee issues. I just hope Kelly can work out for us. I hope the team and Kelly can find away to strengthen the ligaments over time to keep these knee flare ups from happening.

With Moss, ARE, Cooley, Thrash and Davis, we should have enough receiving options until Kelly is actually ready to play.

Yeah right, that's why the Redskins drafted THREE RECEIVERS with their first three picks. That's why the offense has looked so crisp these past three seasons.

Yeah right, that's why the Redskins drafted THREE RECEIVERS with their first three picks. That's why the offense has looked so crisp these past three seasons.

Good point, but you overlook that Davis and Thomas (I hope not much) will both play. Davis has looked good, and I think it all really comes down to Jason Campbell.

Good point, but you overlook that Davis and Thomas (I hope not much) will both play. Davis has looked good, and I think it all really comes down to Jason Campbell.

Play and contribute are two different things. I'm reserving judgement, but right now I'm not that optimistic. Time will tell however......

Some could say we drafted three because we knew they all had a learning curve so they could all grow together and not have the burden on one guy. If you ask me, this is the exact situation we prepared for. We have a situation where one of our guys is injured, but it doesn't resort back to the same set of WRs as last year because we have Thomas and Davis who can still play.

Archived