Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com NFL Fan Base Rankings - Redskins's 6th

Going Commando

Didn't see this posted anywhere: ESPN ranked the NFL fan bases 1-32 and the Redskins' finished 6th in their formula.

Here's a link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

It goes without saying that 6th is 5 spots too low, but that's a decent finish. What I don't understand in their ranking system, is why on earth they give fans credit for being douche bags. I have plenty of friends who are Giants, Eagles and Cowboys fans and I don't think there is anything wrong with being civil with them. It's not their fault that they grew up supporting crappy teams and are stuck with them. Also, the patriots fan rankings in the article seem a bit dubious to me. People from Boston didn't care about their football team before this decade.

Between our monstrous showing in Canton this year and our #1 ranking in consecutive sellouts, #6 seems low to me. I'd put us no worse than #3, behind the Steelers and Packers.

Poor Atlanta and Jacksonville--'0' consecutive sellouts each. :doh:

EDIT: I just noticed something. In our description, they say "It is, however, a very astute crowd that stays loyal through tough times." Yet they score us low in the "loyal" rating. Huh??

Between our monstrous showing in Canton this year and our #1 ranking in consecutive sellouts, #6 seems low to me. I'd put us no worse than #3, behind the Steelers and Packers.

Poor Atlanta and Jacksonville--'0' consecutive sellouts each. :doh:

EDIT: I just noticed something. In our description, they say "It is, however, a very astute crowd that stays loyal through tough times." Yet they score us low in the "loyal" rating. Huh??

I actually agree with our ranking....we shouldnt be ahead of the Browns I dont think.

To your edit. Its funny when ESPN does these little pieces they always contradict themselves. Like in the team rankings one they just did every single guy says we are in fourth....then in there little comments they explain why we will go 10-6.

"6. Redskins

Consecutive sellouts: 319 | Season-ticket waiting list: 200,000

Redskins fans aren't as volatile as Eagles fans -- especially in swanky FedEx Field. It is, however, a very astute crowd that stays loyal through tough times. It's hard to tell who hates the Cowboys more between the Redskins and Eagles, although I'd lean toward the Eagles. The Redskins built a stadium at least 45 minutes from civilization -- yet fans never missed a beat. Owner Dan Snyder has plowed through coaches at an alarming rate, but the fan base has a remarkable amount of patience that has been passed down from generation to generation. Outside of Steelers and Packers fans, the Redskins travel better than anyone. And though politically incorrect, the feathers and face paint still reign."

Eagles fans generally hate the Giants more...anyone can tell you that.

I like that we ranked behind the Packers and Steelers in terms of a travleing team. That says alot being named with those other teams fans.

Owner Dan Snyder has plowed through coaches at an alarming rate, but the fan base has a remarkable amount of patience that has been passed down from generation to generation.

Redskin fans patient with Dan Snyder? I'm not too sure about that one.

There is just nothing we can do. Not patience...slavery.

Whatever, just glad they didn't put the bandwagon cowboys in the top ten. I do think we belong in third behind the Steelers and Packers.
I'd still put the Browns ahead of us, they are pretty die hard for a team that has sucked forever and been taken away from them. I'd rank us 4th.

Archived