Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was Rock playing injured?

F-16 CHIEF

:laugh:

Blondie. Setting people straight since 2002.

2002?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Before that when it comes to Rock.

Rock and I have been close long before anyone on this board knew about him. I believe in his ability. I told him he would be drafted in the 7th and come here. I just knew. I have never had visions of grandour when it came to Rock.......and I didn't think he would go on the first day of the draft. I knew what his strenghts were and his areas of concern.

I don't see him with burgundy glasses. But I don't see him being as bad as people describe him just because they feel the need to do so. And often, that is what is happening.

I'm sorry but anyone who says Rock isn't explosive hasn't been watching the Skins play much. He does get caught from behind but his initial burst through the line is very fast.

Here's my video of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFRDLMyCfAo

Tell me he's not explosive please. :laugh:

Edit: Btw, those are all regular season games.

That was great!

I love seeing him run. Little short legs moving fast.

Yes let me hand in my fan card cause I obviously never have seen the skins play even though I was at every home game last season and 2005. I know nothing about football and should hand in my fan card because I look silly along with 80% of the users on this message board who think Rock Cartwright isn't anything special. Just take a look at the rest of the rock Threads and make me believe that more than 30% of the people on this forum think rock deserves to return kicks and get some carries. Let someone else return kicks this season and well see how they do. If they don't live up to Rock I'de be happy to come back here and say.....Rock does deserve a place on this roster. We can compare Rock to Portis/Betts if you want. We can also compare him to other 1,2 punches on different teams. He doesn't match up. And you are praising him for running 70 yards and getting caught because he slowed down due to preseason. Well just the same way I can sit here and say WOW he ran 70 yards in preseason against 3rd stringers....whoopdy doooo. If rock had a roster spot sealed he clearly wouldn't have played with injuries. So your saying he played with Injuries in a PRESEASON GAME because hes a soldier? Or is it because Marcus Mason is making him pretty damn nervous right now?

Yes let me hand in my fan card cause I obviously never have seen the skins play even though I was at every home game last season and 2005. I know nothing about football and should hand in my fan card because I look silly along with 80% of the users on this message board who think Rock Cartwright isn't anything special. Just take a look at the rest of the rock Threads and make me believe that more than 30% of the people on this forum think rock deserves to return kicks and get some carries. Let someone else return kicks this season and well see how they do. If they don't live up to Rock I'de be happy to come back here and say.....Rock does deserve a place on this roster. We can compare Rock to Portis/Betts if you want. We can also compare him to other 1,2 punches on different teams. He doesn't match up. And you are praising him for running 70 yards and getting caught because he slowed down due to preseason. Well just the same way I can sit here and say WOW he ran 70 yards in preseason against 3rd stringers....whoopdy doooo. If rock had a roster spot sealed he clearly wouldn't have played with injuries. So your saying he played with Injuries in a PRESEASON GAME because hes a soldier? Or is it because Marcus Mason is making him pretty damn nervous right now?

You must be reading the wrong forums.

Kubstix, noone is saying Rock is the most explosive kick returner on the team. What everyone should agree with though is that, first, he is explosive. Second, he's fast enough to not get caught from behind most of the time. Third, he's extremely consistent on getting us to the 30 yard line... that's no small feat really.

Marcus Mason is playing very well, but he has yet to show he can produce at the kick return spot like Rock can. There's no substitute for consistency, and there's also no substitute for heart. Rock has both of those in spades.

You must be reading the wrong forums.

Yes I must be

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254603&page=1&pp=15&highlight=mason+cartwright

And i'm not saying Rock isn't a good 3rd RB. I think he has great veteran leadership and does play with alot of heart. He is solid on special teams too, but there is so many people who have a man crush on this guy and all I'm saying is for what?

OK.

Let me get this straight. BECAUSE you went to all the games last season, AND a bunch of fans think ROCK should NOT be running back kicks, then he shouldn't be?

Comparing to the 1-2 tandoms? Where did that enter the conversation? No where. NEVER did I say Rock was better than CP or Betts.

Every season, there are the same threads about how bad Rock is and how he needs to be cut. EVERY SEASON. EVERY NEW running back is better than he is.

And yet. Here we are. Having the same conversation for the 2008 season. Made it through 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005,2006, 2007. The SKINS have had Kenny Watson, Trung Candidate, John Simon, Derrick Blaylock, Chad Morton, Jonathan Combs, T.J. Duckett, Sultan McCulloch. Most of these guys were going to replace Rock.

And yet. Here he is.

Oh wait.

You have been to every game last season.

I guess you would know.

Who gives a **** about who the 3rd RB is? Chances are they aren't gonna see the field unless it's special teams. Which is where Rock thrives. Let me ask you this. Who was one of the top return men in the NFL last year on KR? Who was one of the leading tacklers for special teams for the Skins last year? Who recovered James Thrash's fumble after his punt return against the Lions last year?

People love Rock cause he's was the Redskins are all about. Hard working, tough, team first guys.

Thats fine, im done. Rock is the man! I hope he retires a Redskin. I can't wait to see him out there this year. Anyone who thinks mason is better than Rock is just straight crazy. No, whats crazy is the amount of people on this forum who ask everyone who turn in there fan card just because of an opinion. Just because of a damn opinion I'm not a Redskin fan because someone told me. This forum should have a rule that people will be banned if someone says "Well your not a fan just because you don't agree with me wa wa wa".

***not talking about you either Blondie. That statement doesnt apply to you I know you didnt say anything about that.

Call it what you want, Rock is a solid special teams performer. He will never break a kick from his own moves, and he will get caught from behind more often than not. I'll take his Brian Mitchell style of straight forward running any day of the week. You know what you are going to get from Rock. A solid 25-30 yard return on kickoff's and he will rarely fumble. Seems to be a great locker room guy and a motivator on the field.

But facts are facts, every other running back on our roster scores on that run this past Saturday if they make the same breakout. It's no big deal. Nothing wrong with doing your job and being solid, not spectacular. I'm not president of his fan club by any means, but I don't hate on the guy. He makes the roster somehow every season and that is more than respectable.

If Mason doesn't make this roster this year, I will be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mason play this season, and if he shows the right stuff, Rock will be with another team next season. The days of "core Redskins" are behind us, the best players will make the team.

I'm sorry but anyone who says Rock isn't explosive hasn't been watching the Skins play much. He does get caught from behind but his initial burst through the line is very fast.

Here's my video of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFRDLMyCfAo

Tell me he's not explosive please. :laugh:

Edit: Btw, those are all regular season games.

Only on Extremeskins will you find a Rock Cartwright highlight reel :cheers:

That return against the cowgirls is CLASSIC. Probably his best highlight ever...:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I don't see him with burgundy glasses. But I don't see him being as bad as people describe him just because they feel the need to do so. And often, that is what is happening.
I love you like cooked food Blondie ;), but as little as I'm sure this matters to you, I have to respectfully disagree with your above quote.

IMHO, you not only see Rock with burgundy glasses on, you see him with those glasses and a special friendship/love type cupids arrow shot up in you also. :)

I disagree that people see Rock as being bad just because they feel the need to. There are grown men and women here who I am sure are not walking around saying that they feel like picking on Rock today and are quite capable of making objective and unbias observations.

For example, I'm sure that there are many members/Redskins fans out there that will agree with me when I say that I love Mike Sellers to death, but if I see him carry the ball on a 3rd and short again, I'll friggin screem like a Michael Myers victim. Dude can run after catching the ball and having built up some momentum. But he is not our short yardage solution. :)

I'm not picking on Mike, I just made the observation that I hope our coaches made and stop handing the ball off to our 285lb FB.

I have been very critical of Rock in the past and have started many a concerned thread on him. But, not once could I ever make (or ever will make) the statement that "Rock Cartwright isn't anything special".

I'm not sure if Rock is our best option at the KR position at this point. And from what I have seen, I have to admit that if I had to vote today, I would vote in favor of M.Mason backing up L.Betts.

However, as someone else indicated earlier, few in this league play with more passion for the game than Rock Cartwright. He is a straight up football player.

6 carries

90 yards

3 receptions

10 yards.

I don't know, did he?

lets see the only decent play he had was a 72 yard run. with the hole he had, my grandmother could have accomplished that.....my answer NO he looked like a chump for the most part.

did you watch the game or just look at the stats.

Archived