Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com/Zorn:Portis won't play vs. Jets,Devin Thomas will play most of game(MET)

Drunken Master III

Devine must be looking real sharp in practice or something. You'd think you'd want TC and CB getting a lot of snaps for the experience, or maybe Zorn is developing some Grudenitis.

I suspect it's more a case of Zorn wanting to give Devine a fair shot instead of relegating him to mop-up duty in yet another preseason game.

Does anyone else think that we just can't afford to keep four halfbacks, so the FO is thinking about showcasing Mason in these games in hopes of getting a 2nd day draft pick for him?

To look at from another view point why keep Nemo? We have guys that can play ST's and if you want a guy to block in rotation after Sellers use a TE or Mason he's a ripped 230 lbs! There are ways to keep 4 RB's and still keep depth in other positions. Plus no one gives up a 2nd rounder for an UDFA, what did the Pack give up for Grant that's more of what we would expect to get for him.

Edit:

Acquired Sept. 1, 2007, from the N.Y. Giants in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick in 2008

Why is it important to announce mid-week who will and won't be playing in a preseason game?

Zorn was asked during the interview who'd be playing or not, he responded.

I supose it was important to those asking the questions.

Devine must be looking real sharp in practice or something. You'd think you'd want TC and CB getting a lot of snaps for the experience, or maybe Zorn is developing some Grudenitis.

I believe he said it was to see how Colt handled the last drive(s) of the game and clock management. I wouldn't read this as a positive for Devine.

To look at from another view point why keep Nemo? We have guys that can play ST's and if you want a guy to block in rotation after Sellers use a TE or Mason he's a ripped 230 lbs! There are ways to keep 4 RB's and still keep depth in other positions. Plus no one gives up a 2nd rounder for an UDFA, what did the Pack give up for Grant that's more of what we would expect to get for him.

Edit:

Acquired Sept. 1, 2007, from the N.Y. Giants in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick in 2008

A. I didn't say to keep Nemo either. As I recall, we didn't have a backup for Sellers last year, instead we've been keeping Kozlowski on speed dial in case we need him. I don't know if we'll have a backup fullback. Maybe they think Davis or Yoder can do it. Maybe not, I dunno. Lead blocking is a skill that not everyone has, 230 pounds or no.

B. I didn't say showcase him for a 2nd-rounder, I said a 2nd-day pick. Like recouping the 6th rounder we lost in the Jason Taylor trade.

A. I didn't say to keep Nemo either. As I recall, we didn't have a backup for Sellers last year, instead we've been keeping Kozlowski on speed dial in case we need him. I don't know if we'll have a backup fullback. Maybe they think Davis or Yoder can do it. Maybe not, I dunno. Lead blocking is a skill that not everyone has, 230 pounds or no.

B. I didn't say showcase him for a 2nd-rounder, I said a 2nd-day pick. Like recouping the 6th rounder we lost in the Jason Taylor trade.

Just said look at it form another view but fine take it how you want to!

Archived