Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com-Devin T. full go today/Landry still not...

SWFLSkins

Searched and did not see this please forgive, merge, purge or enjoy./ Click link for full article there is other news on players from Huntley being released and Horton ...

News & Notes: Thomas Full-Go At Practice

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

August 11, 2008

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=37659

Devin Thomas was full-go in practice on Monday, his first significant on-field action since July 24 when he injured his hamstring.

Thomas said he hopes to play in this Saturday's preseason game against the New York Jets.

"It feels good," he said. "I'm looking forward to getting a full week of practice and getting ready for this game. I just have to really push the playbook hard and get with the guys and my coaches

Said head coach Jim Zorn: "Devin did everything [in practice on Monday]. We tried to pull him out of practice, but he kept himself in. He fell on the ground one time to make a catch, and he bounced right up.

Searched and did not see this please forgive, merge, purge or enjoy./

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

August 11, 2008

Devin Thomas was full-go in practice on Monday, his first significant on-field action since July 24 when he injured his hamstring.

Thomas said he hopes to play in this Saturday's preseason game against the New York Jets.

"It feels good," he said. "I'm looking forward to getting a full week of practice and getting ready for this game. I just have to really push the playbook hard and get with the guys and my coaches

Said head coach Jim Zorn: "Devin did everything [in practice on Monday]. We tried to pull him out of practice, but he kept himself in. He fell on the ground one time to make a catch, and he bounced right up.

Good, now if we could just get Malcolm Kelly healthy.

It was in the Breaking News section I believe... you guys should check it out from time to time. Bubba does an awesome job, really.

Anyway, this is good news. I just hope we get to see him do something next week against the Jets. I can't wait to see how he looks on the field in a game situation.

*Edit* Nevermind, it wasn't in the Breaking News forum. My bad guys, I think I read this from JLC's blog and confused the two. Either way, I still stand by the fact that Bubba does an awesome job over there... although he's a little behind on this one. :silly:

*Edit* Nevermind, it wasn't in the Breaking News forum. My bad guys, I think I read this from JLC's blog and confused the two. Either way, I still stand by the fact that Bubba does an awesome job over there... although he's a little behind on this one.

Yeah that is why I had that lead in, I thought maybe Bubba fell asleep or something....hahaa

More from that article....

The Redskins have released defensive end Kevin Huntley from the roster.

Huntley is a Washington, D.C., native who has had brief NFL stints with the Oakland Raiders and Atlanta Falcons.

He played in both of the Redskins' preseason games, recording one tackle.

The Redskins are negotiating with Dorian Smith to return to the roster. Smith is an undrafted rookie out of Oregon State. He had a brief stint with the Redskins last offseason.

----Mix will miss next week as well, Landry may or may not play. Seems the team is still fooling around with some positions, subtracting and adding players. I know some of these guys are camp fooder so to speak.

Searched and did not see this please forgive, merge, purge or enjoy./ Click link for full article there is other news on players from Huntley being released and Horton ...

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

August 11, 2008

He's acting like a gut that has something to prove!...I like it!:applause:

Archived