Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

America's Fastest-Dying Cities

China

I see one of them is Canton, many of you guys did your best to bring some life back to that city last weekend. And Flint, well I'm surprised it's not completely dead already (it was certainly on it's way when I last visited during my college years in the '80s). It has been dying for a long time (check out Roger and Me for example)

America's Fastest-Dying Cities

Washington, D.C. - The turmoil of the mortgage market granted a temporary reprieve from hearing about the woes of America's Rust Belt. That doesn't mean things are better. Despite a decade of national prosperity, the former manufacturing backbone of the U.S. is in rougher shape than ever, still searching for some way to replace its long-stilled smokestacks.

Where's it worst? Ohio, according to our analysis, which racked up four of the 10 cities on our list: Youngstown, Canton, Dayton and Cleveland. The runner-up is Michigan, with two cities--Detroit and Flint--making the ranking.

Click on the link for the full article

:laugh: I lived in Wheeling,WV for 27 years of my life. :doh: It is a few hours away from like half the cities on that list. :laugh: I'm not stupid. I got out of there. Not only are they on that list of the fastest-dying cities, but the weather sucks also.

Archived