Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does everyone hate Larry Michael?

djbubba4life

I know him.

He has always been so nice, personable, and extremely helpful through out my association with him.

As far as him FIRING Frank, I think you give him too much credit. He DIDN'T fire Frank. He was given the job AFTER someone ELSE fired Frank.

His job is to PROMOTE the SKINS. Of course he is going to sound like a homer. Do you REALLY think there is going to be a broadcaster who WORKS FOR the team and says "Well they certainly look like **** out there"?

Larry is a joke. The guy has the personality of a wet blanket. He looks ridiculous when he wears Jerseys and says the most cheese D!ck statements. I mean the guy is a D bag, I would rather hang out with Dr. Phil then Larry. You can tell the players are annoyed by him (Laron's look when Larry grabbed his shoulder during the autograph interviews, and Cooley's look when he saw Larry approaching him). Be honest, if he were not a Redskins broadcaster or had any affiliation with the Skins, would you want to grab a beer with him? He looks like a guy who would tuck in his jersey, and wear a fanny pack if no one told him not to.

His play by play is not that bad, but when I hear him on the radio, or see him on Comcast all I think about is how much this guy sucks.

And don't tell me "don't listen or don't watch his show", because I love the Skins and want to hear or see what is going on at camp. It just sucks in order to do that I have to listen to a complete D bag, who probably brown noised his way up to the seat he's in now.

The guy sucks, and if you like Larry, or think Larry's Funny, then I feel sorry for you. Because you probably are going thru or went thru the same reticule that Larry gets everyday from the "hatters".

The Hatters are just real people who aren’t losers who want their teams news not to come from such a gutless, miserable, hack.

I know you read this, Hi Larry.

I'm not going to hide behind a Screen name like some people...

- Erik

571 213 0359 ask about me

Oh my god I almost pissed myself when I read this.

I was wondering this too. I think he's pretty cool. I've read a few post and haven't really heard anything good from anyone. Maybe the Herzog loyalty i can understand, but not the "he's too much of a homer." If he was down on the Skins, all I would hear is how he's a hater and needs to leave the nation.

I have no problem with Larry Michael. To get access like that and pass it on to us, the fans, is cool in my book.

But I will say this, you could tell how much better Bram made that Show (Redskins Radio/RedskinsNation) after he left.

You guys are so funny.

You bash Czabe, Peter King, Wilbon, Dr. Z, anyone that disrespects the Redskins.

Then turn around and bash our biggest homer.

I've always thought the hate came from the Herzog thing but I think he's okay. He can be annoying, his voice and he's trying too hard to wrap his content around what we think we want.

We don't want 5 minutes of stretching, we want action. But, practices are closed and we can't see the action.

Larry is a joke. The guy has the personality of a wet blanket. He looks ridiculous when he wears Jerseys and says the most cheese D!ck statements. I mean the guy is a D bag, I would rather hang out with Dr. Phil then Larry. You can tell the players are annoyed by him (Laron's look when Larry grabbed his shoulder during the autograph interviews, and Cooley's look when he saw Larry approaching him). Be honest, if he were not a Redskins broadcaster or had any affiliation with the Skins, would you want to grab a beer with him? He looks like a guy who would tuck in his jersey, and wear a fanny pack if no one told him not to.

His play by play is not that bad, but when I hear him on the radio, or see him on Comcast all I think about is how much this guy sucks.

And don't tell me "don't listen or don't watch his show", because I love the Skins and want to hear or see what is going on at camp. It just sucks in order to do that I have to listen to a complete D bag, who probably brown noised his way up to the seat he's in now.

The guy sucks, and if you like Larry, or think Larry's Funny, then I feel sorry for you. Because you probably are going thru or went thru the same reticule that Larry gets everyday from the "hatters".

The Hatters are just real people who aren’t losers who want their teams news not to come from such a gutless, miserable, hack.

I know you read this, Hi Larry.

I'm not going to hide behind a Screen name like some people...

- Erik

571 213 0359 ask about me

I agree. When he mentioned the fight he's having w/ some people on ES during a broadcast I lost the rest of the little respect I had for him. I tune in to get info on the team and NOT hear about his personal battles.

I've got 2 Larry issues:

For me, homerism is fine...as long as it's honest. Sonny is a good example of that. He clearly pulls for the team, but also tells you when we're screwing up. I don't want to hear hate...There's enough of that right now on 980. But don't _________ and tell me it's raining.

The other issue is the Kent Brockman, "I'm a graduate of a school of broadcasting" voice. It's the same reason I was glad when the O's let go of Michael "You can book this one to the Orioles" Reghi a few years back. Good broacasters sound like they are comfortable with what they are saying.

No hate here....just a preference.

I know him.

He has always been so nice, personable, and extremely helpful through out my association with him.

As far as him FIRING Frank, I think you give him too much credit. He DIDN'T fire Frank. He was given the job AFTER someone ELSE fired Frank.

His job is to PROMOTE the SKINS. Of course he is going to sound like a homer. Do you REALLY think there is going to be a broadcaster who WORKS FOR the team and says "Well they certainly look like **** out there"?

Larry Michael said last year that our receiving corps were on par with the Cardinals and Lions. How long did it take one of our WR's to catch a TD pass last year? Larry should think a little bit before he starts yammering to the camera, there's being a homer and then there's just plain ignorance. Larry exercises the latter. That's just one example, there's plenty more out there

I have no problem with Larry Michael. To get access like that and pass it on to us, the fans, is cool in my book.

But I will say this, you could tell how much better Bram made that Show (Redskins Radio/RedskinsNation) after he left.

Look I appreciate the extra coverage that the Redskins organization gives the fans, I actually thank Danny for allowing the cameras to film for some drills, and Vinny for stopping by on Thursdays. I just think they could have found someone better…a lot better.

The fact that he is a Homer doesn’t bother me one bit, hell sometimes I agree with his Homer antics. And the host should be a Homer, this is Redskins stomping grounds.

What I am saying is the guy sucks as a Human. He is a cheese D!ck. Plane and simple, if you don’t know what I mean, or are confused why I would say that, well…you might need to look in the mirror. He tries to act younger than he is, tries to act “hip” (for lack of better words), and just comes off like a guy that if he did not have a mic in his hand no one would to talk to him. I would rather have AIDs then hang out with Larry for the day.

I call it like I see it, and the guy is a D bag. If you don’t agree that’s your opinion.

In closing - Larry sucks. Go Skins

For me he is boring one minute, condesending the next and mix that in with trying so hard to be hip and cool with all the players it's pretty bad. I also find his voice annoying. I am glad he doesn't have or use that sound box thing THAT WAS TERRIBLE. Basically he is a local living a dream reporting in a ass kissing boring personna, a safe Danny boy minion......

But I have nothing personal against him, I just prefer a different type of host, reporter.

I've been watching Redskins Radio/Nation everyday for the past year. I don't listen to games on the radio, so any of my comments on Larry will be based on the show.

I liked Larry when Bram was on the show. I didn't like him more than Bram, but I enjoyed him because they both fed off each other and balanced each other out. Bram was a perfect middle man. He would hate on the Skins when they deserved it and give them praise when they deserved it. Larry is a classic homer. This is perfect for a show about your favorite team. You'd get primarily good things, but hear a few bad things as well.

Then Bram left. Now all you hear is a homer with a couple of people that IMO aren't qualified in terms of professionalism (Rebecca Mejia) or knowing the team/sport well enough (Rebecca Mejia and Justin Jackson). I don't blame Larry for how he portrays the team because that is where his paycheck is coming from. I, as well as everyone else, should be able to comprehend that. He's paid to be a homer and shouldn't be hated solely because of that.

The show has suffered since Bram's departure though in terms of the analysis. If it were the only source of your Redskins news, you'd expect them to win the Super Bowl every year. Larry IMO is a good host, but he needs someone more knowledgeable about football to help him out. I used to email player personnel questions to the show when Bram was there, but now what is the point? If I say we need more linebacker depth, Larry will just say how great our backups are now.

I will also say the Source Meter is really stupid. It was tolerable for awhile, but I really can't believe an NFL franchise is this petty when it comes to a newspaper's beat reporter. I don't like how specifically this week Larry has kept bringing up the fans and posters on this board who complained about the show (not the fact he brought it up, just the fact he keeps saying it every single show). The Mic'd up segment was stupid. We voice it, Larry mentioned it, then let it die man.

Larry Michael said last year that our receiving corps were on par with the Cardinals and Lions. How long did it take one of our WR's to catch a TD pass last year? Larry should think a little bit before he starts yammering to the camera, there's being a homer and then there's just plain ignorance. Larry exercises the latter. That's just one example, there's plenty more out there

I have heard a few things that made me go hmmmmmmm. HOWEVER it doesn't mean he is stupid or people should disrespect him such as they do.

This is MY opinion.

Ya know, like *******s.....we all have one.

Well if you really must know why:

Larry once drove by my house and stuffed used, wet socks into my mailbox.

Larry once sat at my table at Hooters and started eating my hotwings without even asking.

Larry once stood behind me in the line at Target and let one rip right before he blamed it on me.

Now the first 3 were pretty bad but the last one, I blew a chunk imagining Larry doing that. That made my Friday THANKS!!!

:dj: :dj: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :point2sky

I think he is a total tool and am annoyed by that alone. I understand working for the Redskins there is going to be a certain spin and positive tone to everything said. However, I just don't like they way he presents himself and comments he makes about games, players, and the team. Some are corny, stupid, and irrelevant.

I feel like he is talking to a group of kids when addressing fans. I HATE, HATE, HATE, how he constantly is looking behind cameras and every which way during Redskins Radio on Comcast. I know its a radio show but when its being filmed, you have to treat it as such. He comes off as very condescending and facetious. He just seems like a total douche bag.

Word,in english....he's an *****.:2cents:

Archived