Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does everyone hate Larry Michael?

djbubba4life

I'm campaigning for Russ Thaler or Chick Hernandez. They report Redskin news but seem much more interested, are more personable, and seem like real fans than larry.
Larry is my choice but I will say that I do like Hernandez. Thayler is a human version of Mr. Potato Head. Eyes and a smile but underneath a vegatable.

I've sat through countless Verizon Wireless corporate meetings so I understand what you're saying.

But that's not the point I was making. He may just simply BELIEVE in the organization. BELIEVE that they did the right thing even if he disagreed simply because he BELIEVES they know better than him. That is a possibility, right? You have to keep in mind that this isn't just some random corporation... you're talking about a football team. Some people just believe more than others.

And you've actually made a false assumption to prove your point here. The things that were done wrong in the past have been admitted by Larry Micheal. He does not defend Brandon Lloyd and Adam Archuleta or anything. He admits they didn't work out, but at the same time, very few people were against the signings when they happened. I'm sorry, but noone could've foreseen they'd be huge busts... and we gave them all that money cuz we wanted to make sure they didn't even THINK about leaving Redskins park once they came to discuss signing on. It was a bad decision, yes... but we believed that we were a team on the brink of being a championship team.

I think very few of us here thought otherwise... and that goes the same for the media. Everyone forgets how much the media was on our bandwagon during the 2006 offseason. After we didn't so well it was back to the "Oh Snyder thinks he can jusy buy a championship" crap, and they acted as if they were saying that the whole time. Hypocrites. :doh:

false assumption? where? this line: its been painfully clear the franchise has made some mistakes since gibbs I era ended, and its not fun to listen to folks pretend all is well (hope this year is better).

thats an opinion of mine, i did leave out "I" in my paren part though... as in I hope this year is better. LM may admit the teams faults, it still doesnt change for me that i dont like type of talk (though see below).

hence my next line:

"also, being a fan of other sports teams that basically stink, i get enough of the sugar coated news. that said, he doesnt bother me from what ive seen. just dont go for the sugary sweet stuff."

bolded that as, in the end, he doesnt bother me... now gus johnson (knicks broadcaster).... thats different.

my main point is why folks might take the company line different. being a fan of the knicks, who STINK badly, ive seen similar folks who bother me, as noted. since at least the skins have shown some signs of life in recent years while the knicks have slid into complete league wide jokes, LM isnt bad. winning is the great equalizer, or better, helps folks forget lots of the bad times.

Lets face it. Snyder fired a play by play guy that every Redskins fan Loved. How can you replace "Touchdown Washington Redskins"? It just was and is what you expected to hear when the Skins scored. Not only did Snyder fire an oustanding and loyal Redskins broadcaster but he replaced him with a stooge. He inserted a "Snyder guy" who would never dare call anything negative about the Skins into public knowledge. Thats why I hate the guy and have not listened to a live radio broadcast of the game since he took over.

Archived