Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does everyone hate Larry Michael?

djbubba4life

I've been wondering the same thing. He seems nice enough, asks decent questions most of the time and isn't overly annoying...

Of course, I don't listen to his show either so maybe I'm missing something...(?)

First thing, and I know this has been disputed, but I don't like the way Frank Herzog was let go. At the time, there was rampant speculation that Larry Michael was behind it all. And then, not only does Larry have Frank fired, but he takes his job. Like I said, I know this has been refuted, but the entire episode left a bitter taste in my mouth and I can't help but to believe Michael was somehow involved. He was too close to the situation to not have some involvment, in my opinion (for those who believe otherwise, don't waste your time rehashing the stories, I've read them all).

Having said that, if Larry wasn't such an arrogant ass and actually offered something to the shows he does other than asking bland questions and trying to re-live his frat days from time to time, I could get over the Frank thing. But to me, he comes across as arrogant and condescending. I just don't think he adds anything to whatever he's involved in.

Though I will give him credit for the Redskins history feature he produced (or had some big role in) last year (I forgot what it was called).

I'd like to like the guy, but he just rubs me the wrong way.

Hail,

H

Not hate, intensely annoyed by him, especially when he uses the sound board in Redskins Nations and acts like he just revolutionized sports talk shows. Vinny is in, lemme play an Italian song... goober.

He's no Frank and I don't like him as a broadcaster...but there's no hate.

I think he is a total tool and am annoyed by that alone. I understand working for the Redskins there is going to be a certain spin and positive tone to everything said. However, I just don't like they way he presents himself and comments he makes about games, players, and the team. Some are corny, stupid, and irrelevant.

I feel like he is talking to a group of kids when addressing fans. I HATE, HATE, HATE, how he constantly is looking behind cameras and every which way during Redskins Radio on Comcast. I know its a radio show but when its being filmed, you have to treat it as such. He comes off as very condescending and facetious. He just seems like a total douche bag.

I don't hate him or even dislike him. He seems like a nice guy and seems to get along with people. I am sure he is a nice guy in person.

However, watching him once again last night on Comcast's Redskins Nation it is very clear that he is simply just not that good. He is not a talented broadcaster. Even Vinny did ok last night and that is not his day job.

I think basically because he a BIG Redskins homer. They really can do no wrong in his eyes.

Which is actually what I love about him

He often times only sees the bring side or good side of things with the Skins!

I watch him a lot on Redskins.comTV and yea I agree with this haha :)

I like Larry Michael. He loves the Skins, is kind of funny, and does a pretty good job of putting Redskins footage on Redskins Nation.

Now I am only 19 and I think that is why I am found of Larry Michael. I didn't listen to many of Frank Herzog games therefore I have no emotional connection with him. I know think that he got him fired, which I am finding hard to believe since Herzog isn't even on WUSA-9 anymore either (I guess Larry Michael got him out of there too). But like I said Larry Michael is cool and he is just trying to do his job and I don''t have a problem with that.

I listen to him broadcast the games and i dont think hes that bad of a guy, but then again i dont listen to his talk show and all, and i see alot of fans here on ES saying they hate him, so please tell me what ya like or dont like about this guy.:helmet:

Larry?

J/K

I don't hate him either, I just think he isn't even 1% objective and that usually doesn't make a talking head interesting. He tends to become boring and argue sjust for the sake of arguing. For instance, last week on Redskins Nation, he was talking about how Fred Davis and Todd Yoder were getting Gatorade...zzzzzzzzzzzz. However, I think he is fantastic in the Play-By-Play for the Skins games. I do miss Frank, Sonny, and Sam though.

He certainly isn't a bad guy at all, he just isn't the best man to represent the Redskins up front... He isn't really charismatic on the air. :) He gets a lot of criticism because he does a radio show on TV. That's twice the listeners.

I do no mind his play by play but this new Redskins Nation show which was Redskins Lunch is LA LA LA LAMO! It was good when bram was there because he evened Larry out but now its just larry and I really do not like it

Indeed. He is a company man who toes the pro-redskin front office line. His position to me is essentially equivalent to that of the white house press secretary, which is basically an occupational equivalent of propoganda minister.

And as Bram's experiment during the chad johnson rumors of this past winter shows, Larry will support pretty much anything that he believes that the redskin organization supports, even if it means clearly contradicting his earlier statements. If that doesn't bother you, fine, but I like analysis and criticism from my sports radio if the circumstance warrants it. Larry seems incapable of any sort of comment that reflects negatively on the redskins or the redskins front office. I wish they would have gotten a real replacement for bram, he was pretty much the only thing that kept redskins radio listenable. Without Bram, the show (Redskins nation or whatever they now call it) lacks a yin to Larry's yang.

But I do not hate Larry Michael as a person, I simply dislike him as a sports talk radio host. Perhaps he is simply following instructions and hence his seeming pro-organization bias is not his fault, in which case my dislike is more appropriately directed towards whoever instructs him.

Because he's a stooge that's paid by the company to make the Redskins seem amazing and he disputes anything anyone says that can even be a HINT of criticism. That, along with the fact that he doesn't know much about football. An example was when he was yelling how Anthony Mix scored the TD in the Seattle game when Bram (I think?) was just sitting back there saying you can't advance the ball, all while Larry kept yelling over him "TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS"

haha i get all your guys points, but from what i see, at least he better than rebecca meija or whatever her name is right?

Yea but she's got a better body than him:laugh:

Larry is a tool, his homerism is unparalleled. I remember him once saying our receiving core was as good as the Lions and Cardinals....this was before this past draft but even so that's just ridiculous. His voice annoys me, and Frank Herzog was way better announcing games with Sonny and Sam

Archived