Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Comment On TC Performance..huh??

zCommander

I think you missed my point. I am saying it is JC who should be going against the 1st defense and not TC.
Corrected the typo for you there. :silly:

I totally understand and agree with what you are saying here. I guess I am use to the saying "more you practice the better you get at doing something." The fact Zorn said TC is going up against MORE then other QB is where my problem still lies. It should be the STARTER getting more reps against the 1st D and not the backup QB.

And this is based on what kind of experience there coach? Hate to play that card but really, let's assume for a second that Coach Zorn has some experience and knowledge in this kind of thing and that maybe, just maybe, it's not that uncommon in the NFL. It is possible then,that all is well and proceeding just the way coach is expecting and that he is simply telling it like it is. Something we've learned to expect from him in his brief stint as coach so far.

And this is based on what kind of experience there coach? Hate to play that card but really, let's assume for a second that Coach Zorn has some experience and knowledge in this kind of thing and that maybe, just maybe, it's not that uncommon in the NFL. It is possible then,that all is well and proceeding just the way coach is expecting and that he is simply telling it like it is. Something we've learned to expect from him in his brief stint as coach so far.

No it is cool. You can play that coach card.

I have coached "players" in the office though. :silly:

Like someone else said he is just making excuses for TC. He is saying what the media and the fans want to hear and not saying it like it is as you put it. Don't get me wrong - I like Zorn. Honestly as much as the fan might not want to see or hear about it but I rather see JC struggling against the 1st D and not TC.

its hard to learn a new offense when the defense has been cohesive for years now. With a softer defense, this allows the plays to develop and see what is supposed to happen when everything goes right. Once they see how it works they can then work it in with 1st team Defense and work at it until its perfect.

That's a great point. I hadn't thought of it that way...but it makes a lot of sense to me!

The reason the 1st team O goes against the 2nd team D, and the 1st team D goes against the 2nd team D most of the time is because it's practice...In practice you are just trying to get a look and develop rythmn, cohesion, and consistency and confidence...If your going 1's vs. 1's all the time you wouldn't be able to get the proper looks you need while installing or fine tuning an offense/defense...

Well on NFL.com they have a clip with PacMan, excuse me Adam, going against T.O. in practice and we should be a week a head of them in training camp. Right? I am a little confused. Can someone explain this a little further for me. :)

Putting TC against with 1st defense is anything but being gentle with all the new guys still learning.

I think you are misinterpreting the qoute. I think he means that TC is going up against the 1st defense WITH the second line more than any other QB.Im not sure he meant he's gone against the 1st D the most period. I could wrong though. Makes sense though. I mean you want to make sure your back up gets reps against the most NFL level defense you can provide too. I mean if JC goes down you dont want TC to step in only having practiced against 2nd and 3rd string scrubs do you?

1st team offenses go against 2nd team defenses b/c they are the scout team [i believe that's the term used] for the respective team that they will be playing in a given week.

1st team d's go against 2nd team offenses b/c they are the scout team for the offense that will be run by the opposing team that we will be playing in a given week.

You can't have starting players "acting" like they are players from other teams meanwhile learning what their assignments are for that week. In other words, the 2nd team players are actors filling roles that model a specific offense or defense that a given opponent will be playing. We've got starters and actors essentially. You can't have starters acting like our opposition b/c they've got enough on their plate with the gameplan that week. It's the 2nd teamers jobs to get the 1st team ready. The backups have it the toughest IMO b/c they have to know where to be in our O or D and as a scout player. :2cents:

Well on NFL.com they have a clip with PacMan, excuse me Adam, going against T.O. in practice and we should be a week a head of them in training camp. Right? I am a little confused. Can someone explain this a little further for me. :)

Could it be they are running first string whinny ass offense against third string tung gangster convicted felon defense.... i hear it is quite common in the league :silly:

I think it is safe to say that we have no idea what Zorn is doing. That, I think, is a compliment.

We have gone from the mechanized Joe Gibbs world to the no-formula Steve Spurrier ball game and back.

Now, we have Jim Zorn, a guy who surely mixes it up and challenges his players.

In Brennan's blog yesterday on Redskins.com, he noted that he has faced the number one defense a lot:

"I've had to go against our first-team defense a lot in practice. It can be a little daunting at times, but I try not to think about it when I'm out there. I have to assume that we have one of the best defenses in the NFL.

You look around our defense and you see some of our cornerbacks and our safeties and our linebackers, with London [Fletcher] and [Marcus] Washington--I just figure if I can get in there and at least have some type of success, that will make things a lot easier when the preseason rolls around."

I think you missed my point. I am saying it is JC who should be going against the 1st defense and not TC.

That might be the case if he wasn't learning a new offense. Our first team defense is really fierce so they want campbell to get comfortable with the new offense then let him go against the first team defense.

In his interview he said that he wasn't originially supposed to be going against him on defense. But he chose to just for bragging rights. I also saw TO burned the hell out of him.

its hard to learn a new offense when the defense has been cohesive for years now. With a softer defense, this allows the plays to develop and see what is supposed to happen when everything goes right. Once they see how it works they can then work it in with 1st team Defense and work at it until its perfect.

very nice.

You are on the right path with this evaluation. Keyword here is "Fluid".

that's what I'm thinking

IT IS.

Calm down dude. I am a big time fan of Todd Collins for the MVP performance he provided us last season but that doesn't mean I'm down on JC at all. The way I see it is when the season comes around if TC had no expirence against the 1st team Defense and had to start for JC, then this is the time for him to get in practice. I said what I did thinking I hope JC's ready. This is the one way that coach Zorn can ensure that he's giving both the best chance in case both are needed

So does this mean we should not get really excited about hearing JC being red hot in training camp since he is only going against the 2nd team defense. Personally I would be getting alot more excited about everyone raving about JC if he was going up against the 1st team D more often than any other because our 1st team D is no joke.

Calm down dude. I am a big time fan of Todd Collins for the MVP performance he provided us last season but that doesn't mean I'm down on JC at all. The way I see it is when the season comes around if TC had no expirence against the 1st team Defense and had to start for JC, then this is the time for him to get in practice. I said what I did thinking I hope JC's ready. This is the one way that coach Zorn can ensure that he's giving both the best chance in case both are needed

I am calm.:D TC is getting reps against 1st D. I understand your concern, if you play the what if card. Todd is a vet who has known one system mostly for many years. Jason has known 5 in his short term. I have strong faith that Zorn can see and read what a QB is going through and make those adjustments in the most comfortable and productive way. Most of your focus as you know will go to your starter QB. Repeat after me "In Zorn you trust".:)

I am calm.:D TC is getting reps against 1st D. I understand your concern, if you play the what if card. Todd is a vet who has known one system mostly for many years. Jason has known 5 in his short term. I have strong faith that Zorn can see and read what a QB is going through and make those adjustments in the most comfortable and productive way. Most of your focus as you know will go to your starter QB. Repeat after me "In Zorn you trust".:)

Ok just once

In Zorn I trust :cheers:

You hit the nail on the head :applause:

Archived