Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seperate State Divorce

RedskinsFan28

22 and getting divorced, ouch. :(

I would guess that if you guys made your marital residence in AZ that you'd probably have to go there. I'm really not sure though.

Best of luck, you have my best wishes and prayers with you.

As long as one of you make residence, you can file in eaither state. But check out the residence laws, for instance MD you have to live there 6 months and has some tought laws.

You would probably be better filing in AZ (Although I don't know the law there)

yeah....what a joy...:doh:

No doubt.

Seems like a lot of us around here have been through it pretty recently. You need someone to bounce things off of, just ask.

You'll be alright.

If you don't mind me asking, any kids involved?

1 son, 10 months

she is also 5 months pregnant.....with another guy's child....

I tell ya, you can't make this up.

Aw geez, man, I'm sorry. I don't even know what to say. :doh:

If you want custody of your son though, infidelity on her part MAY help that. I don't know.

Generally a woman has to kill at least six people with an axe to lose her kids, but it's something to think about.

1 son, 10 months

she is also 5 months pregnant.....with another guy's child....

I tell ya, you can't make this up.

Please, Please, PLEASE go to a divorce attorney (locally) ASAP!!!

My dumb-ass Brother In Law thought he and his ex could work out something easily between them. They 'Only' had one kid (5 years old), so he agreed to a very one sided custody (even though it was joint, she got to have my nephew live with her and basically 'visit' his dad for two days every other week).

If the lawyer wants more than $500, look around some more, but no matter what, you need to have legal representation. Make sure he/she is on the same page as you as far as what you want (and you need to be honest with yourself as well as him/her). Then go get what you want. Don't be blinded by any feelings of 'how it should be', only think of how you want it to be. It may sound cold, but if you don't look out for your best interests, who will.

I'm sorry you are going through this right now. Good Luck.

Tom

Archived