Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many touchdown passes will Jason Campbell throw in 2008?

redskins0756

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think this is a breakout year for Campbell. He'll know where the receivers are, in a system he feels comfortable with. Plus it helps that he has big receivers in the redzone, something he had none of last year. I'm saying 30+ TDs...

Could also be the koolaid :D

keep in mind ... only 4 QB's threw over 30 TD's in 07.

Previous years ...

2006 - 1

2005 - 1

2004 - 4

2003 - 1

So, if you think JC will throw over 30 TD's you are nuts! lol I love the kid to death but unless you are Brady or Manning, you ain't throwing over 30 TD's.

Also keep in mind, Aikman never through over 30 TD's, Montana did it once, barely, and Steve Young has only done it twice in his career.

Optimal: 24 tds 8 ints

Generous: 22 tds 11 ints

Most likely: 21 tds 14 ints

CP26 and a non-decimated O-line means we don't have to throw too much in the RZ which caps his TDs in the low 20s. I feel Jason's comp % is more important than tds though - gotta keep it above 60. That plus a solid 4+ YPC keeps us in manageable 3d downs.

Well, he had 12 last year and missed a few games due to injury, so you figure he would have been on pace for 15-16. Now we have a more agressive offense and he has more weapons. As long as he takes to it and doesn't have an adjustment period, 22-24 sounds about right.

FYI folks, Matt Hasselbeck has been the starting QB for the Seahawks for the past seven years. I don't know how many of those were with Zorn. Anyway, I threw out Hasselbeck's worst year (7) and best year (28) and averaged the middle 5 years to get his average touchdown passes per year.

It's 21 on the dot, and that's a pretty good offense. So if Campbell exceeds 21 (and I just said 22-23) then I think we can consider that solid.

Now if Portis can put up Shaun Alexander type numbers from a few years back, that would be sweet.

Archived