Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Motorcycles

RVGuy

Just curious as to what everyone rides out there. Here is my ride that is being built. Its a 1979 Yamaha XS650 that has been hardtailed. Ive had the engine completly rebuilt and done quite a few mods to it. Should be done soon. I cant wait to get it out on the road.

bike1003.jpg

:logo:

It's for sale too, way too fast for me....'94 CBR 600f2, lowered, Muzzy titanium header and midpipe, jet kit, K&N air filter..paint is the 35th anniversary corvette seabring silver..

Nice bike...I was going to buy a sportbike, but thought the better of it just for that reason. I like the idea of my "custom"...should keep me out of trouble a little beter. :D :logo:

Ride a 02 GSXR 750 yellow/black, pollished frame/swing arm, stretched 6", chrome rims, lowered 1" in the rear 2" in the front, power commader and a yoshimira FULL exhaust.

Also have a 03 YZF600R with 6800 miles on it for sale. Runs great, perfect bike for a beginner. Has been laid down on the right side and has some cosmetic damage, easily fixable. I was going to fix it up myself and keep it because it is a really nice ride but I am having money problems and could use some extra cash. BTW miles will go up as I still ride it.

Dont mean to jack the thread but I'll be getting a bike with in the next couple years and had a question as to motor size. I want a sport bike and was looking at getting a 600, doesn't matter the make but currently i favor the look of the gsx-r(I really like the Black and orange 750) I have friends who own bikes and some say at my weight, 220lbs, a 600 mgiht not have enough power, Others say i'll be fine as long i'm not racing.(which i won't be.)Of course this will be a moot point if i can save up enough for the 750.

So is a 600 enough power to carry a 200+lb person?

If you would like to repsond while posting your pick that'd be cool, to avoid a complete hi-jacking of the thread.

Dont mean to jack the thread but I'll be getting a bike with in the next couple years and had a question as to motor size. I want a sport bike and was looking at getting a 600, doesn't matter the make but currently i favor the look of the gsx-r(I really like the Black and orange 750) I have friends who own bikes and some say at my weight, 220lbs, a 600 mgiht not have enough power, Others say i'll be fine as long i'm not racing.(which i won't be.)Of course this will be a moot point if i can save up enough for the 750.

If you would like to repsond while posting your pick that'd be cool, to avoid a complete hi-jacking of the thread.

I have always suggested beginners to learn on a smaller bike, your size does not matter if you are learning. I started riding when I was 6 on a small dirt bike and worked my way up since, although I always begged for a bigger bike I am glad I had someone responsible guiding me. Might want to take a class as most people believe riding a motorcycle is like riding a bike with a motor, its not. Two words to remember push pull. Most schools will almost guarentee you will pass license test and most also use 250cc bikes for a reason.

Might want to take a class as most people believe riding a motorcycle is like riding a bike with a motor, its not. Two words to remember push pull. Most schools will almost guarentee you will pass license test and most also use 250cc bikes for a reason.

I will be taking a class. My other problem of course is opportunity. I've been told by a few people that I should start small and with something cheap. Only problem is, I may only get one shot at this. Meaning, what ever I get to start with may be what i'm stuck with. My wife has accepted the facct that she can't stop me from getting one. But I'mnot as confident she'll accept the future upgrade.

^^^^too many tickets and too dangerous, you went the right route

That depends purely on the rider.....

Here's mine:

IMG_4136.jpg

'07 600rr -- I've since painted the mids, heat shield, & subframe black.

FYI, I'm moving back to NoVa in 2 weeks if anyone wants to ride. I'll be needing to find some good roads.

Honestly, I would start out with a cheap, used 250cc bike. If you have to go with the sports-bike look, try and find a used Ninja 250, or even a Ninja 500 (which is detuned compared to a 600cc sporty). Another option would be a Hyosung GV250. Otherwise, any 250 will do. That way, you are on a smaller bike while you get used to shifting, braking, etc. and a cheap one if ya drop it. Remember, this is your first stepping stone, and unless you trash it, if you buy used you will get alot of the price back when you resell.

If you just have to go for something bigger, look at a Dacuti Monster 620i. It has a more forgiving powerband than a Gixxer, so you are less likely to accelerate yourself into a tree. It is fairly pricey though, even used.

Either way, take the MSF class, get the safety gear, and take it slow. This morning, I put my bike down on my way to class (lowside after I locked the front brake to avoid a bus). Tore up my elbow (no bone or joint damage, 3 staples to close) and severly sprained my knee. My helmet prevented me from even having a concussion (bounced my head twice on the pavement), boots saved my ankles, and had I been wearing a jacket I probably would not have gotten the elbow injury.

As far as your size and weight - if you are comfortable on the bike, do not worry about power. My 2nd bike was a 650cc Vstar (cruiser), and it hauled my petite 280 pound frame around with no problems.

On Topic:

Current bike is a 2004 VTX1300c.

bike1.jpg

Bike actually made it out of the accident with a slightly damaged engine guard and a bent mirror - no other scratches, dents, or dings. I told my wife "Damnit, eveybody else gets a new bike after an accident, and I am still stuck with this one...."

That depends purely on the rider.....

Couldnt agree more..hence the reason I went with what I did. Know yourself I always say..;) Awesome bike..that is EXACTLY what my other choice would have been! As soon as Im up and running I will post again. I would be glad to take you up through the Catoctain Mountains and Gettysburg Battlefield area.:applause: :logo:

Couldnt agree more..hence the reason I went with what I did. Know yourself I always say..;) Awesome bike..that is EXACTLY what my other choice would have been! As soon as Im up and running I will post again. I would be glad to take you up through the Catoctain Mountains and Gettysburg Battlefield area.:applause: :logo:

Your 650 looks sweet. I wish I had the mechanical know-how to rebuild something like that. Definitely hit me up for a ride sometime.

Honestly, I would start out with a cheap, used 250cc bike. If you have to go with the sports-bike look, try and find a used Ninja 250, or even a Ninja 500 (which is detuned compared to a 600cc sporty). Another option would be a Hyosung GV250. Otherwise, any 250 will do. That way, you are on a smaller bike while you get used to shifting, braking, etc. and a cheap one if ya drop it. Remember, this is your first stepping stone, and unless you trash it, if you buy used you will get alot of the price back when you resell.

If you just have to go for something bigger, look at a Dacuti Monster 620i. It has a more forgiving powerband than a Gixxer, so you are less likely to accelerate yourself into a tree. It is fairly pricey though, even used.

Either way, take the MSF class, get the safety gear, and take it slow. This morning, I put my bike down on my way to class (lowside after I locked the front brake to avoid a bus). Tore up my elbow (no bone or joint damage, 3 staples to close) and severly sprained my knee. My helmet prevented me from even having a concussion (bounced my head twice on the pavement), boots saved my ankles, and had I been wearing a jacket I probably would not have gotten the elbow injury.

As far as your size and weight - if you are comfortable on the bike, do not worry about power. My 2nd bike was a 650cc Vstar (cruiser), and it hauled my petite 280 pound frame around with no problems.

On Topic:

Current bike is a 2004 VTX1300c.

bike1.jpg

Bike actually made it out of the accident with a slightly damaged engine guard and a bent mirror - no other scratches, dents, or dings. I told my wife "Damnit, eveybody else gets a new bike after an accident, and I am still stuck with this one...."

Depends. I bought a 2006 Kawasaki zx6r 636 brand new. I dropped it on the first day:doh: But....the damage was minor. I respected it after that. I was riding with 1000's in just a couple of weeks. And when I mean riding, I mean balls out, highway, drive it like you stole it, in between tractor trailers, knee scraping, grinding sides of the tire riding. Not to toot my own horn but I was like fish to water. People were telling me to start racing it. Unfortunately my finances didn't allow me to, but it was great. I'm selling it now as I'm looking to go to law school and I have had my fill. They are just as dangerous as they are fun. My point, you don't have to start small, just respect the bike untill you are ready to let loose.

Depends. I bought a 2006 Kawasaki zx6r 636 brand new. I dropped it on the first day:doh: But....the damage was minor. I respected it after that. I was riding with 1000's in just a couple of weeks. And when I mean riding, I mean balls out, highway, drive it like you stole it, in between tractor trailers, knee scraping, grinding sides of the tire riding. Not to toot my own horn but I was like fish to water. People were telling me to start racing it. Unfortunately my finances didn't allow me to, but it was great. I'm selling it now as I'm looking to go to law school and I have had my fill. They are just as dangerous as they are fun. My point, you don't have to start small, just respect the bike untill you are ready to let loose.

It will vary by rider. On one my rider boards last year, a new rider whose only experience was a 50cc dirt bike when he was a kid, bought a Rocket 3, 2300cc cruiser and did fine on it. The again, there are new riders who have a hard time with Honda Rebels.

Without knowing his ability, history, etc. it is just smarter to recommend starting small, especially with bikes that are not as forgiving as a cruiser. He will probably get a good idea of where he is at after he takes the course, and then can go from there.

• 8 months later...

Archived