Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: With Time Passed, Gibbs or Zorn?

McD5

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So you just decided not to bother offering a perfectly legitimate option of just plain "undecided?" Or perhaps someone feels that Gibbs was moving us in the right direction, but is equally optimistic about Zorn?

Cut the stupid **** about "no intent on bias." That's a load of **** and you know it. You keep making these stupid, slanted polls that blatantly exclude options that you don't want people voting for, thinking that people are too stupid to see through it. What a ******* joke.

Kinda hard to be wrong when you hand-pick the options to suit your purposes. So what is this supposed to prove? I could post a poll with only one option, and say the option I listed got 100% of the vote. I guess that would make me a genius, right? Nonsense like this does nothing but drag ES down. I bet you're having a good laugh over it too.

If this were the first time you pulled this I might be willing to call it an oversight. But this is your second rigged poll in a week. How about acting your age for a change?

I actually tried to edit the poll after another person whined, but was unable to.

Take a deep breath there Larry, not that you were even alive to see him play.

It's just a poll.....it will be ok.

No, Gibbs was never going to get it done....since he put us in the playoffs two of the last three years. :doh:

Please, when was the last time we were in the playoffs prior to Gibbs II?

Asinine thread.... :2cents:

Asinine would better describe a thread insinuating that Jerry Jones, with a net worth several times larger than Snyder....was broke.

Carry on.

I think Cowher is going to return this team to respectability starting in 2009. I just can't convinced that Zorn and Blache are anything other than place holders.

"Well, we can't see to find the right coach."

"Let's just wait and get Cowher next year."

"Ok, But who will coach us in the meantime?"

"Hmm. Well, we have this guy we already hired as an OC. Maybe we can sell him as a HC for a season and get people excited about youth and change. Blache is going to retire, but maybe we can talk him into putting in 1 more year as DC."

"Hey, that'll work. Let's go with them until Cowher is ready."

The cynical part of my brain could see something like this......but if Zorn does turn out to be the NFL's version of Spicoli from Fast Times, I don't think we have much of a shot at Cowher.

Carolina is probably in the lead there. And if we fire a coach after just one season......our FO would look even more dysfuntional....really giving Carolina a boost.

Gibbs ressurected this franchise. Spurrier left our beloved Redskins in shambles. Gibbs restored this team to repsectability. We got the Dallas monkey off of our backs. We ended a 6 year playoff drought. We again became a competitive football team. Gibbs left Zorn with a golden opportunity; Zorn inherited a great roster and overall positive moral.

I would have loved to see what Gibbs could have done with one more year. As it is, I am just hoping and praying that Zorn doesn't screw this up.

Take a deep breath there Larry, not that you were even alive to see him play.

Math not your strong suit? I was born in '75. I watched all four Super Bowls Gibbs coached in. Or "played" in, as you seem to suggest here.

Look man, I'm just trying to help you out. This is your second poll you've started this week where multiple posters have complained about the inherent bias of the options. Your act is getting old.

Are you kidding, If Snyder had not brought in Saunders are offense that was built for Gibbs would have put up big nummbers in 06. This years draft with Gibbs offense would lead to a Super bowl soon. I think Joe still has something to do with this team. Check this out.

* Zorn 2008 same situation as when GibbsI was hire

* lets not call it Gibbs I and II anymore

* Cooley and Davis/ Yoder could be better than Didier/ Warren

* Portis/ Sellars/ Betts/ Mason will be more productive than any backs after Riggo- We will never have another back like Riggo

* One off the rookies could look similar to Monk with Moss and Randal El looking like Clark and Sanders.

* The Dirtbags can in no way compare to the Hogs, but the Healthy Dirt Bags will do well

Gibbs changed his playbook 5 games into his first season Coryel passing to his own running. - Zorn has taken Gibbs running game and combined it with Walsh's passing game.

Math not your strong suit? I was born in '75. I watched all four Super Bowls Gibbs coached in. Or "played" in, as you seem to suggest here.

Look man, I'm just trying to help you out. This is your second poll you've started this week where multiple posters have complained about the inherent bias of the options. Your act is getting old.

I was referring to Larry Brown.

Multiple posters will always complain whenever they feel anything might be anti-Gibbs, etc.

Many are unable to separate Gibbs 1 from Gibbs 2. Or Gibbs the great person, from our football results in his second tenure.

There really is no act.....diehard fan here......just a poll, no secrect agenda.

:cheers:

I was referring to Larry Brown.

Multiple posters will always complain whenever they feel anything might be anti-Gibbs, etc.

Many are unable to separate Gibbs 1 from Gibbs 2. Or Gibbs the great person, from our football results in his second tenure.

There really is no act.....diehard fan here......just a poll, no secrect agenda.

I wasn't old enough to watch Sammy Baugh play either, but I still love the guy.

Anyway, why even bother creating a poll that doesn't offer people a chance to express how they feel on an issue? Regardless of your own feelings about Coach Gibbs, you should be intellectually honest enough to not insert bias into the options. That's why people are complaining. A poll should be a POLL, not a STATEMENT. If you have a statement to make, then start a thread about it. But don't do it under the guise of a "poll." You could hate Coach Gibbs and wish nothing but ill upon him, but it still serves no purpose to create a bogus poll.

You say people can't separate Gibbs 1 from Gibbs 2. Fine. So that means you need to create a poll to dictate to people how they should think on this issue? That makes no sense. Surely you know that's not the purpose of a poll.

Let's say I create a poll that says, "What do you think of McD5?"

a) He's an a-hole.

B) He's an idiot.

c) He's a tool.

d) All of the above.

And then I said, "If you think McD5 is a great guy, you don't need to bother voting in this poll."

Then 100% of the responses would say you were some combinaton of an a-hole, an idiot and a tool. But would the poll be accurate? You tell me.

I wasn't old enough to watch Sammy Baugh play either, but I still love the guy.

Anyway, why even bother creating a poll that doesn't offer people a chance to express how they feel on an issue? Regardless of your own feelings about Coach Gibbs, you should be intellectually honest enough to not insert bias into the options. That's why people are complaining. A poll should be a POLL, not a STATEMENT. If you have a statement to make, then start a thread about it. But don't do it under the guise of a "poll." You could hate Coach Gibbs and wish nothing but ill upon him, but it still serves no purpose to create a bogus poll.

You say people can't separate Gibbs 1 from Gibbs 2. Fine. So that means you need to create a poll to dictate to people how they should think on this issue? That makes no sense. Surely you know that's not the purpose of a poll.

Let's say I create a poll that says, "What do you think of McD5?"

a) He's an a-hole.

B) He's an idiot.

c) He's a tool.

d) All of the above.

And then I said, "If you think McD5 is a great guy, you don't need to bother voting in this poll."

Then 100% of the responses would say you were some combinaton of an a-hole, an idiot and a tool. But would the poll be accurate? You tell me.

Wow......I understand what you are saying.....but there really was no intentional bias.

I even decided to make the voters public.....to keep unregistered guests and trolls from skewing the results. I didn't want 100 cowgirl fans voting against Gibbs just out of spite.

People are welcome to express their opinions beneath the poll, in the thread. I really don't think anyone is being muzzled here.

After seeing a few people become sensitive to it, I did try to alter the original selections to try to appease everyone, but was unable to edit it.

In the big picture, it is really just a poll in the offseason. It isn't a basher...it isn't a missed field goal......it isn't even a blown call by a ref against us.

It really isn't that serious. It is just an offseason poll.

Anyway, my apologies to anyone who thinks there was bias here. I respect their opinion to feel that way, and hope they respect me when I say that it wasn't intentional.

And for the minority who voted option 1, I can only assume that they believe our weak offensive production was attributable to injuries.....or that they believe changes were going to be made with the play-calling, or with the collaboration between Gibbs and Saunders.

If they are honest with themselves, I don't believe any of them really feel that we could reach a Superbowl with the offense we have seen over the last few seasons.

And so, being the high character guy Gibbs is known to be, decided to use his grandson's very serious illness as a cop out. Yeah, ok.

Not only that, but Gibbs had a stent put into his heart mid-season. Something like that makes one consider priorities with their remaining mortality.

Pretty sure we went 4-12 that year...
Petitebone was the coach and I thought the only game we won was against Dallas the opening Monday night. I could be wrong, but we wasnt too good at all and that lasted over 10 years untill Joe Gibbs returned and built us another team with great potential and like someone else said, 2 playoffs in 3 years. Wheres Bubba when ya need him, he can find the stats.

Asinine would better describe a thread insinuating that Jerry Jones, with a net worth several times larger than Snyder....was broke.

Carry on.

:laugh: :laugh:

How are his season ticket sales going?

:laugh: :laugh:

Gibbs ressurected this franchise. Spurrier left our beloved Redskins in shambles. Gibbs restored this team to repsectability. We got the Dallas monkey off of our backs. We ended a 6 year playoff drought. We again became a competitive football team. Gibbs left Zorn with a golden opportunity; Zorn inherited a great roster and overall positive moral.

I would have loved to see what Gibbs could have done with one more year. As it is, I am just hoping and praying that Zorn doesn't screw this up.

:applause:

Petitebone was the coach and I thought the only game we won was against Dallas the opening Monday night. I could be wrong, but we wasnt too good at all and that lasted over 10 years untill Joe Gibbs returned and built us another team with great potential and like someone else said, 2 playoffs in 3 years. Wheres Bubba when ya need him, he can find the stats.

1993 Washington Redskins season

Head Coach Richie Petitbon

Home Field RFK Stadium

Results

Record 4-12

Place 5th NFC East

Playoff Finish did not qualify

Are you kidding, If Snyder had not brought in Saunders are offense that was built for Gibbs would have put up big nummbers in 06. This years draft with Gibbs offense would lead to a Super bowl soon. I think Joe still has something to do with this team. Check this out.

* Zorn 2008 same situation as when GibbsI was hire

* lets not call it Gibbs I and II anymore

* Cooley and Davis/ Yoder could be better than Didier/ Warren

* Portis/ Sellars/ Betts/ Mason will be more productive than any backs after Riggo- We will never have another back like Riggo

* One off the rookies could look similar to Monk with Moss and Randal El looking like Clark and Sanders.

* The Dirtbags can in no way compare to the Hogs, but the Healthy Dirt Bags will do well

Gibbs changed his playbook 5 games into his first season Coryel passing to his own running. - Zorn has taken Gibbs running game and combined it with Walsh's passing game.

Thats a fact right there :point2sky

We didnt need Saunders, Gibbs team was as good as anyone in the NFL that year in 05. We were just beat up because of an early week 3 bye, and no rest after, and down to 1 reciever, half the starting line, with Portis banged up.

We got the players we needed the following year, we didnt need to change our playbook with Saunders. Gibbs team scored 56 points in a game that year and over 30 points in a row against each NFC East team to get us to the Playoffs.

We swept Dallas, we swept the Eagles, and we went undefeated in December again. We beat every division winner in the NFC under Gibbs leadership that year.

If Jim Zorn cant win with this team Joe Gibbs built, then he has no business being here. But I have a pretty good feeling Zorns offense will be much better then Al Saunders. I sure hope it is anyway, because this team has nothing but potential.

Dallas? Giants? Vikings? Packers without Favre?

I would just like to point out that last year the 'Skins (with Gibbs 2.0) beat Dallas, the Giants (in NY) and the Vikings (in Minn). And came damn close to beating the Packers WITH Brett Favre (in GB), save a TERRIBLE fumble by Santana Moss.

McD5, I'd add Seattle to your list, which Gibbs did not beat in his return, and New Orleans, which can't be as bad as they were last year (I don't remember playing the Saints in the last 4 years, but we do play them week 2.)

And Gibbs actually commented after the Buffallo game that they were going to change their offensive philosophy in the second halfs of games they were leading. Hence the aggressive play calls in the second halfs of the Bears, Minn, Giants and Dallas games to close out the season. Another thing to note is think back to the Philly game in Week 2: With a lead, they called a deep pass to Moss down the right sideline. JC overthrew him. They did it a couple other times in the season, but JC missed the receiver, which I think pushed Gibbs back to the "run the snot out of the ball with a lead" philosophy.

I'm going to vote with my last impressions of the team: The offense was as good as it has been in the last 4 regular season games. They had enough fight to get back into a playoff game and had a shot at a 4 point lead. They did this with a QB (JC) starting his first full season and then a QB (TC) who hadn't thrown a pass in a game in a million years.

I don't think I can give any credit to Zorn, and certainly not compare him to Gibbs, until he has done SOMETHING.

So I'm voting for Gibb's and Co. could have gotten it done. But we'll never know.

And for the minority who voted option 1, I can only assume that they believe our weak offensive production was attributable to injuries.....or that they believe changes were going to be made with the play-calling, or with the collaboration between Gibbs and Saunders.

If they are honest with themselves, I don't believe any of them really feel that we could reach a Superbowl with the offense we have seen over the last few seasons.

Hmm, the rest of your post was good (I almost bought it), then you drop that silly comment at the end. Come on, dude. I'm "in the minority" of people who voted for option 1, I stated in my previous post (sorry for the back to back posts) why, and I'm being perfectly honest with myself. So the statement that "I don't believe any of them really feel that we could reach a superbowl..." is just not factually acurate.

Gibbs would have gotten us there is the very first option.

Anyone who believes that, can vote that way.

No bias.

Well, what I meant was that both Gibbs and Zorn getting the Skins to the Super Bowl didn't make sense, so it didn't occur to you to list that option...it's like either Gibbs is obviously better than Zorn, Zorn is obviously better than Gibbs, or they both suck lol. Them both being good is too optimistic.

What's sad is that Norv became the coach a year later, and he went 3-13, I believe lol :doh:...

What's sad is that Norv became the coach a year later, and he went 3-13, I believe lol :doh:...

And the team that went 5-11 in '03 and was in supposed "total shambles," according to some, improved by one whole game under Gibbs in '04. And then was back to 5-11 two seasons later.

Joe is entitled to some benefit of the doubt due to what he did in the past and the fact that he was away from coaching for a while, but......just sayin'.

I would just like to point out that last year the 'Skins (with Gibbs 2.0) beat Dallas, the Giants (in NY) and the Vikings (in Minn). And came damn close to beating the Packers WITH Brett Favre (in GB), save a TERRIBLE fumble by Santana Moss.

McD5, I'd add Seattle to your list, which Gibbs did not beat in his return, and New Orleans, which can't be as bad as they were last year (I don't remember playing the Saints in the last 4 years, but we do play them week 2.)

. . .

Good post. Just to let you know, we beat the Saints in 2005.

Archived