Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There is ZERO chance Derrick Frost is our Punter this year...

No one does?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?position=Punters&type=position

It looks like every year someone drafts a punter. The last time a punter wasn't drafted was 10 years ago.

My bust.

Also, I wouldn't call drafting a guy in the 6th round a "strong desire" to replace Frost.

Jason

I would. Looking over that NFL.com listing, considering about 1-2 teams a year draft a punter, they are looking to get a starter and a serious upgrade. Most of the time teams just bring in FA's Like we do most of the time and let the best guy win. When you actually invest a draft pick, you're expecting MUCH more in that punter. And when you consider that Frost was near the bottom in yards and shanked balls at real bad times, I think they were looking for a serious upgrade.

Okay, you got me. It was wise to re-sign Frost. I'm just saying, you could've said, "They re-signed Frost in case Brooks doesn't work out" and I would've been like "oh yeah good point." Instead you decided to be mean. And that makes me :( .

LoL...Then I apologize for coming off so sarcastic. :cheers: ...You can forget at times that other people can't detect your intentions, even when being sarcastic. And for the record, I actually thought you'd laugh at my post moreso than be effected by it (kind of like you'd laugh and say "Well, yeah, I KNOW that lol" :laugh: )...

LoL...Then I apologize for coming off so sarcastic. :cheers: ...You can forget at times that other people can't detect your intentions, even when being sarcastic. And for the record, I actually thought you'd laugh at my post moreso than be effected by it (kind of like you'd laugh and say "Well, yeah, I KNOW that lol" :laugh: )...

Cool man, no probs. I might of been a little too sensitive. Rough day. Peace.

I would. Looking over that NFL.com listing, considering about 1-2 teams a year draft a punter, they are looking to get a starter and a serious upgrade. Most of the time teams just bring in FA's Like we do most of the time and let the best guy win. When you actually invest a draft pick, you're expecting MUCH more in that punter. And when you consider that Frost was near the bottom in yards and shanked balls at real bad times, I think they were looking for a serious upgrade.

I think they were looking at their draft board and saw Brooks at the top of it. It was a place that could stand improvement, so they made the pick.

If they were looking for a serious upgrade, we've would have seen more guys trying out. I've been here when they've had serious question marks about kickers. You usually see about 3-4 guys trying out.

Jason

I think they were looking at their draft board and saw Brooks at the top of it. It was a place that could stand improvement, so they made the pick.

If they were looking for a serious upgrade, we've would have seen more guys trying out. I've been here when they've had serious question marks about kickers. You usually see about 3-4 guys trying out.

Jason

We didnt draft any of them though, did we? They were all unemployed guys that didnt have a job. The last time we drafted a punter was in 1993. 15 years is a long time and only 7 drafted all time, even back when there were alot more rounds in the draft. So drafting a Punter in a 7 round draft I think says alot.

We didnt draft any of them though, did we? They were all unemployed guys that didnt have a job. The last time we drafted a punter was in 1993. 15 years is a long time and only 7 drafted all time, even back when there were alot more rounds in the draft. So drafting a Punter in a 7 round draft I think says alot.

Again, I think you are making more of this than it really is. If we didn't end up drafting Brooks, I doubt that we would have brought someone else in. I didn't see any sign in the offseason that they were looking hard for a new punter.

Also, funny you bring up Ed Bunn, who was a 3rd round pick but didn't make the team. Just getting drafted is no guarantee of making the team.

Jason

Archived