Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

War Could Last Months

fuji869

It was kind of funny listening to Fox make fun of this article. Let's see, we've been at this, on the ground, for less than a week. We've had a major sand storm that slowed the advance for the last two days, and yet, we're within a tank of gas to Baghdad, our country has lost 27 soldiers -- many to accidents -- and a Fox report earlier said estimates are as high as 35,000 Iraqi soldiers are dead -- though that seems high -- and the Post is already going over how long this might take?

As the Pentagon correspondant pointed out, one day in Afghanistan all the questions were about us being bogged down and how it was a quagmire, and then, poof, it was all over :).

Originally posted by Art

It was kind of funny listening to Fox make fun of this article. Let's see, we've been at this, on the ground, for less than a week. We've had a major sand storm that slowed the advance for the last two days, and yet, we're within a tank of gas to Baghdad, our country has lost 27 soldiers -- many to accidents -- and a Fox report earlier said estimates are as high as 35,000 Iraqi soldiers are dead -- though that seems high -- and the Post is already going over how long this might take?

As the Pentagon correspondant pointed out, one day in Afghanistan all the questions were about us being bogged down and how it was a quagmire, and then, poof, it was all over :).

Just so you know, Art: Iraq is not Afghanistan. I know that's hard for you to comprehend. That's why I'm here to help you. ;)

RD,

I know Iraq isn't Afghanistan. It's less dangerous, ultimately, because in Afghanistan we ran the risk of riling up terrorists the world over in overthrowing a true Muslim nation. The Arab world hates Iraq and there's little to no danger of such activities spawning from this action.

I fully expect the actual conquest may last a little longer than it did in Afghanistan though. But, again, perhaps you missed the recap. "Let's see, we've been at this, on the ground, for less than a week. We've had a major sand storm that slowed the advance for the last two days, and yet, we're within a tank of gas to Baghdad, our country has lost 27 soldiers -- many to accidents -- and a Fox report earlier said estimates are as high as 35,000 Iraqi soldiers are dead -- though that seems high -- and the Post is already going over how long this might take?"

In a couple of months, it may be appropriate to start wondering when the end game may come. Less than seven days -- with time off due to weather -- into the ground campaign, before we've even begun to fully engage ground units or begin the seige of Baghdad, it just seems like you may not recognize what the media was trying to do in Afghanistan and is already trying to do in Iraq. But, I too am here to help you by stating the obvious.

Iraq is not Vietnam either. :).

Originally posted by luckydevi

... its seems like the war has been on forever( with all the tv coverage), but its only been a week and a half.

Actually, lucky, it only SEEMS like a week and a half.

At the time you wrote that it had only been a week.

:laugh:

Oh my god it could last months.

It may effect my viewing of Washington MLB.:rolleyes:

I didnt realise that there is a HOV lane for War.

Man what a bunch of amateurs they sound like they get thet info and possess similar knowledge like the sport reporters of the Wash Times.

not only could it last months, it could get very very bloody once the war moves into the city

I don't think the coalition has the luxury of laying siege on Baghdad, but its going to get really bad if they go in and I think they should.

Archived