Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things that suck about Obama('s policy positions)

Zen-like Todd

POLICY POSITIONS ONLY. No religious ethnic pseudo feelings laden shady bull****. POLICY.

I'll start

1) He claims to be "green", yet he's down on nuclear power (to be more specific, he's doing the standard pol-speak manuevering of saying it's an option, but not the best one, has drawbacks, blah blah lipservice yadda yaddda) , and clearly in the tank for corn growers. How John McCain outflanked him on energy, I'll never know. Incidentally, McCain's new energy advisor is former CIA head Woolsey... very smart move. That guy knows exactly what we need to do on that front.

2) His idea to open end social security taxes. He's essentially transforming it from a classical savings/insurance system to a straight welfare play. It jacks the high end overall federal marginal rate through the roof, and worse yet, it double ****s small business owners who have to pay both ends.

Feel free to add on...

His proposal to increase Capital Gains Tax.

heaven forbid halliburton pay for the war they profited from huh?

business owners are, it seems, often republicans...... well you wanted this war .....now its time for YOU to pay for it.

stop crying.........

business owners are, it seems, often republicans...... well you wanted this war .....now its time for YOU to pay for it.

stop crying.........

Get out of the thread. It's not a debate thread. No trolling, particularly broad nonsensical rants.

stop crying.........

How does me not liking the fact that I will be taxed more heavily (about 50% more) on the dividends from my investments if Obama gets his way have anything to do w/ Haliburton?

Get out of the thread. It's not a debate thread. No trolling, particularly broad nonsensical rants.

1> i wasnt trolling

2> there is nothing nonsensical about those that support or profit from the war should pay for it

3> only those who agree with you are allowed to respond? this is in fact a public forum

4> silence the opposing point of view? yeah thats an american value

5> kiss my ***

How does me not liking the fact that I will be taxed more heavily (about 50% more) on the dividends from my investments if Obama gets his way have anything to do w/ Haliburton?

nothing directly just using that as a point but IF you profited from this war in anyway or if you are a supporter of this war in anyway then you should not feel bad being obliged to pay for it.....

How John McCain outflanked him on energy, I'll never know.

In June, you're giving that particular battle to McCain? It's a bit early for that. Knowing McCain, he'll flip over to a no-nuke stance within three weeks.

Too much time remains to give any policy battle to anyone. There's plenty of flanking yet to occur.

1) He claims to be "green", yet he's down on nuclear power (to be more specific, he's doing the standard pol-speak manuevering of saying it's an option, but not the best one, has drawbacks, blah blah lipservice yadda yaddda) , and clearly in the tank for corn growers. How John McCain outflanked him on energy, I'll never know. Incidentally, McCain's new energy advisor is former CIA head Woolsey... very smart move. That guy knows exactly what we need to do on that front.

I really don't understand where Obama is coming from on energy. He's not just behind McCain on energy, he thinks EVERYTHING McCain has proposed is wrong.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/24/campaign.wrap/?iref=mpstoryview

:shot:

1> i wasnt trolling

Yes you were

2> there is nothing nonsensical about those that support or profit from the war should pay for it

You have to either be delusional or the dumbest man alive to attempt to equate capital gains taxes to war profiteering in a 13 trillion dollar economy.

3> only those who agree with you are allowed to respond? this is in fact a public forum

This forum has rules and decorum. This thread was created with an express, targeted purpose as expressed in the initial post. Ignoring that and attempted to derail the thread in your weak delusional manner makes you a troll, disproving your initial denial.

4> silence the opposing point of view? yeah thats an american value

This thread is not a debate thread. Start a debate thread if you like. Create threads if you like. Attempting to derail an organized topic is trolling. Again. Stop trolling.

5> kiss my ***

Stay Classy, San Diego.

nothing directly just using that as a point but IF you profited from this war in anyway or if you are a supporter of this war in anyway then you should not feel bad being obliged to pay for it.....

It's not a point. You just admitted it's a horribly stupid thing to bring up as an argument, and you brought it up anyway. You're hurting your own delusional cause.

That they keep evolving( policy positions)

Hard to tell what he actually stands for.

Opposed NAFTA..Now maybe not

Supported Jerusalem as undivided city...next day it was a different story

Endorsed and supported public financing of elections...Not anymore

Inconsistent on Iraq troop pullout and opposed the surge

Inconsistent on healthcare funding

His policy of voting present(one he shares with McCain) :rolleyes:

You're hurting your own delusional cause.

OMG OMG OMG TROLL TROLL TROLL!!!!!!

SOMEONE SOUND THE TROLL BELL IT'S A TROLLING TROLL!!!!11eleventyone

:rolleyes:

(Or has McCain outflanked Obama on the policy issue of delusional causes?)

His proposal to increase Capital Gains Tax.

Capital gains taxes should be converted into a progressive tax structure. Once you get enough money to work with it's no sweat investing safely and still making far more than you can ever use... no reason to barely touch it (15%) while people working 50 hour weeks are getting slammed with a higher burden.

Yes you were

i wasnt trolling ..... i saw an interesting thread and i walk in ....

You have to either be delusional or the dumbest man alive to attempt to equate capital gains taxes to war profiteering in a 13 trillion dollar economy.

yeah like haliburton wont be paying capital gains taxes

This forum has rules and decorum. This thread was created with an express, targeted purpose as expressed in the initial post. Ignoring that and attempted to derail the thread in your weak delusional manner makes you a troll, disproving your initial denial.

there was no attempt to derail a thread and i was in fact responding to a specific statement made

This thread is not a debate thread. Start a debate thread if you like. Create threads if you like. Attempting to derail an organized topic is trolling. Again. Stop trolling.

Re: Things that suck about Obama('s policy positions)

i think the title begs for debate....... no matter the disclaimer you place you do not have control of a thread once you post it..... and posting something titled such as this will invariably bring opposition and it is ignorant to suggest other wise...

Stay Classy, San Diego.

WTF? who is San Diego?

It's not a point. You just admitted it's a horribly stupid thing to bring up as an argument, and you brought it up anyway. You're hurting your own delusional cause.

there was a point which i have made at least twice now but the statement that you conveniently took out of context for your own purposes was stating in response to the relationship of haliburton and that other guy paying his gains tax.......... which is that there is no relationship to haliburton and him paying other than the fact that they will BOTH be paying......

i noticed you have a chearleader......... how cute!

His all style without substance might have fooled the primary voters, but now that people are asking for clarification, alot of positions are coming across as scary

Social Security

Economic Redistribution or whatever he calls it

Abortion

The whole capital gains thing, why he would want to raise taxes on an avg American's investments is beyond me

Energy...Atleast McCain is proposing ideas

I actually love the idea of transforming social security into a welfare program for the elderly ( ideally the elderly poor)

At times, he comes across as a civil libertarian, but his support for the fisa "compromise" is extremely disappointing. I find some of his economic rhetoric on domestic policy troubling, but he has surrounded himself with a fantastic economic team . I like his foreign policy rhetoric for the most part (his bombing Pakistan talk last year and that AIPAC speech was extremely hawkish and frankly dangerous), but hate his foreign policy team (consists of a bunch of neo-liberals).

Capital gains taxes should be converted into a progressive tax structure. Once you get enough money to work with it's no sweat investing safely and still making far more than you can ever use... no reason to barely touch it (15%) while people working 50 hour weeks are getting slammed with a higher burden.

Ignoring your commie tax tendencies, ( ;) ) the capital gains tax is already progressive. It's only 5% in the bottom two brackets, last time I looked.

Taxes, taxes, taxes.

I agree about his partial birth abortion stance. I am pro choice, but partial birth abortion disgusts me. If you're going to have an abortion, have one. If you're going to keep the kid, great. But I don't see how you can have a conscience and be for partial birth abortion.

It's not so much policy, but what gets me is that Obama claims that we all have to work together to make things right in this country and that he'll "reach across the aisle"...but I have a very hard time believing that when he's voted with his party 97% of the time.

Hey, if you like bigger government than what we have now....

Archived