Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Redskins v. Ravens***Poll Added, Please Vote***

IbleedBnG83

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I was watching Comcast sportsnite and JLC was on as a guest along with some female insider for the Ravens. The host asked the two, which team is going to have the better season this year. I thought it was a no brainer, but of course JLC is all like "well, the teams parallel each other in so many ways. New coach, and blah, blah, blah." So he ended saying they were even. The Ravens insider also said even.

How can the two teams be even when there is obviously more talent on the Redskins roster. The Ravens have a weak offensive line, A HUGE QUESTION MARK at quarterback(and no matter who it is will not be as good as JCam this year), they have no receivers, an aging defense, and didn't do much to help them themselves in the draft for the immediate future.

So I ask you this, who is the better team? I can't wait for the Redskins to go to Bmore and stomp out the Ravens.

The Ravens are terrible. Miami beat them last year, for God's sake. The Skins are getting NO respect this year, and I love it.

Because of no-balls coaching. I was at the game and the Ravens really seemed like they didn't want to win at the end. If you put a different coach there, who knows.

That said, the Skins are by far the better team. We are actually a very complete team.

guys, the ravens had more injuries last year than we did. so to just write their historically good defense off is kinda stupid. that being said, i pretty much think were equal as well, although i do think we have more talent. still, at this point, our receiving corp is a question mark, campbells last year to prove himself is a question mark, and whether or not our oline and our secondary can stay healthy is another question mark. both teams have new coaches and staffs, and both draft classes are unproven, so theres a lot of "ifs" regarding both teams. even is probably the best answer.

My friend is a Ravens fan and both of us have discussed the Skins and Ravens (and we both hope to be at M&T in DEC like we were at FedEx in 2004 and 2006 and last pre-season).

I've stated it's a rebuilding year, he thinks they have a chance to win the divsion, these are my reasons:

1. No steady and consistant QB

Both of us feel that it would be a huge mistake to start Flacco for game 1. So that means Boller or Troy Smith. Although Smith has shown promise, neither he nor Flacco has shown that they are ready to be full time starters.

2. Who's the new LT?

Granted the Ravens were expecting Ogden's retirement but this leaves either Jared Gaither or Adam Terry to be the next LT.

3. Age and injury.

Much like the success of the Redskins, the Ravens have a few players longer in the tooth and bitten by the injury bug. Lewis, McCalister and Rolle all have had injury issues. If they stay healthy, they could succeed.

Now the Ravens and the Skins do have some similar issues. Both have new HCs and new Offensive systems. Both however have kept their D systems intact by keeping Rex Ryan (ravens) and keeping all but Williams on our D coaches.

But BLC their historically good defense is getting old. Their QB situation is worse than ours, their WR corps is weak, the new coach came from the Iggles...

I like what we have better.

haloti ngata, ed reed, dawan landry, bart scott, terrell suggs are all under 30. plus they seem to have a group of guys who arent aging like normal dudes. ray lewis is still a beast. their D is better than ours, even with all those injuries last year they finished 6th in D.

their offense struggles though, as well as ours did last year. our O is better, but their D is better. thats why this is a push. both teams have new coaches.

and how do you know their QB situation is worse than ours? flacco might be good, campbell might be bad. its a complete mystery, neither have shown that they are going to be great. time will tell, but completely writing the ravens off is a blanket homer statement. they went 13-3 a year ago with the same team.

haloti ngata, ed reed, dawan landry, bart scott, terrell suggs are all under 30. plus they seem to have a group of guys who arent aging like normal dudes. ray lewis is still a beast. their D is better than ours, even with all those injuries last year they finished 6th in D.

their offense struggles though, as well as ours did last year. our O is better, but their D is better. thats why this is a push. both teams have new coaches.

and how do you know their QB situation is worse than ours? flacco might be good, campbell might be bad. its a complete mystery, neither have shown that they are going to be great. time will tell, but completely writing the ravens off is a blanket homer statement. they went 13-3 a year ago with the same team.

True their D is better but it hasn't been able to carry them I feel like last year was the beginning of the end of their dominant defense.

I'm not writing the Ravens off, I just don't see them going in the right direction. Flacco could be a superstar, but I have friends at U-Del and managed to watch a few games they had Tivoed and I wasn't as impressed as the 'experts' were around draft day.

Their defense maybe overall better, but our still finished in the top ten. BTW, our offense is significantly better...and that was under Gibbs/Saunders. It should be nothing short of better than before. Redskins are that much better than the Ravens.

I saw that on Washington post live last night. Jason was already down on JZ for all the stuff that he will have to do as a head coach. Call Plays, Time managment, and running the football team. But between the two I think JZ has more pressure. Being that the Redskins where in the playoffs last season. I for one think we can beat the Ravens. Look my in laws are Raven fans and all I hear is about how the Ravens are better than the Skins. I think they suffer from bird flue. They could of done something if they got rid of the coach sooner and had a quarterback. But now their defense is older and time is no longer on their side in that division.

I saw that on Washington post live last night. Jason was already down on JZ for all the stuff that he will have to do as a head coach. Call Plays, Time managment, and running the football team. But between the two I think JZ has more pressure. Being that the Redskins where in the playoffs last season. I for one think we can beat the Ravens. Look my in laws are Raven fans and all I hear is about how the Ravens are better than the Skins. I think they suffer from bird flue. They could of done something if they got rid of the coach sooner and had a quarterback. But now their defense is older and time is no longer on their side in that division.

I'm glad someone else saw that. He acts if Jim Zorn is doing it all alone. He is surrounded by veteran guys who have been in winning organizations.

I work in Baltimore and at least the people I work with are honest and say the Ravens will suck.

The Ravens are terrible. Miami beat them last year, for God's sake.

yeah but they also wouldve beaten the patriots if it wasnt for a bad call from the refs. the ravens have talent, dont underestimate them people. i dont like them either, but yall are focusing on the negative of the ravens only and positives for the redskins only. youre leaving out two sides of the convo

yeah but they also wouldve beaten the patriots if it wasnt for a bad call from the refs. the ravens have talent, dont underestimate them people. i dont like them either, but yall are focusing on the negative of the ravens only and positives for the redskins only. youre leaving out two sides of the convo

You're right. We got anhialted by the Patriots and did almost lose to Miami. The Ravens had more internal problems in terms of players reacting to the regime. They may play more inspired this year. At the same time, I believe our players will also. The Ravens had much more continuity for years and years and years going into last season, while the Redskins were still in transition. I feel that the Redskins are better able to handle another transition while the Ravens will find it more difficult especially under Cam Cameron. There are just more positives at the end of the day on the Redskins side than the Ravens.

Archived