Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need Advice on the Tidewater, VA Area

HOF44

People still call it Tidewater?

It depends on what you're looking for. Do you want a river/ocean view or are you looking more for conventional country living.

I'd say Chesapeake or Gloucester. There are also new developments in Hampton, Newport News and York County. I would stay away from Va Beach, Portsmouth and Norfolk. I think the prices are too high for no reason. It is like they want to become NOVA or something.

dYeah Va Beach is pretty expensive. I pay $975 a month in the house I'm living in for rent. Great neighborhood, one of the best imo and I'm like 5 minutes from 2 different beaches. Sad thing is I had to look hard for a solid 2 months just to pay that price in a nice neighborhood.

Edit: Well I only got one minor complaint and that's the Air Force base that's kind of close to me. I hardly notice the jets unless someone points them out to me though.

There are 7 cities in the Tidewater area. What city are you specifically trying to move to?

If price isn't too much of an issue, I would move to Va Beach. Its one of the better cities out here, in my opinion. They have new condos in Town Center near Pembroke Mall. That place is developing real fast, I think you should definitely check it out.

Yes we still call ourselves Tidewater! Whoever came up with that stupid "Hampton Roads" BS should be shot.

More to the subject, where are you going to work? If you are going to work on the southside, then living on the peninsula will be a real pain in the arse due to tunnel traffic. VB and Norfolk are getting expensive, although there are some nice sections of each city. The western part of Chesapeake is very nice, but again, if you are going to work in VB the commute will drive you crazy.

Yes we still call ourselves Tidewater! Whoever came up with that stupid "Hampton Roads" BS should be shot.

More to the subject, where are you going to work?

No work, just a place to get down near the area for some recreation on the weekends. So commuting is not an issue.

There are some condos for rent right off of 264 and atlantic (I think it is 26h street).

Also as someone previously mentioned, they made some awesome condos on independence boulevard by pembroke mall. I forget the names of them, but it is two huge towers, you can't miss them traveling 264 east.

Archived