Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama launches Web site to fight rumors

#98QBKiller

Obama sounds like a guy that has plenty to hide, if he has to set up a team of people to fight rumors and smears. I cannot remember any presidential candidate ever doing something like this. He brought so much of this ON HIMSELF. There's a lot of Americans who have a real problem with a guy that is uneasy about pledging allegiance to the Flag, wanting to disarm gun owners, (look it up Einsteins, he gave a speech about this), and belonging to the radical 'church" for that many years that has a pastor that said "God Dam America."

Oh, and if some of you wanna bash me, bring it on. I gotta news flash for you...you're not the only ones with an opinion. I find it soooo incredibly amazing that the Democratic party couldn't find someone MORE QUALIFIED to be their nominee for President of the United States. Instead, we get a guy that would be better suited to be a school's principal.

They posted the website for people like you who don't bother to look up the facts, only regurgitate what you hear on the radio and think it is true.

In essence, they did it to combat the morons of the world who perpetuate the right wing lies that get circulated all the time.

The reason you haven't seen this before is because the democrats always took a back seat and THOUGHT people were smart enough to know things like Obama wasn't sworn on a Koran and is not a Muslim. Unfortunately, they were mistaken, and it comes to publishing a website with all the lies told about him to show just how low, and how horrid the right has become.

So now an autonomous poster on a forum speaks for a candidate? Did you even bother to check John McCains website and do the same thing? I dare you to, you will be surprised at what you will find.

No Nukes, No Weapons in Space, Cut Weapons Development

What on earth do we need weapons development for???

"Obama, A candidate our Enemies can trust"

LMAO, you actually think this crap works? Think of the most disturbing thing you can say and then act as if thats reality? Man, you are sooo 2002

What is the misinformation on the Dems side hog?

"how low, and how horrid the right has become."

The overwhelming majority of us have been pretty damned objective throughout this campaign, if I do say so myself. To describe the entire conservative movement (and indirectly all who are proud to be a part of it) as low and horrid is disingenuous.

It's also just deliberately inflammatory. I understand many of you guys feel like Obama's been persecuted or whatever. But seriously. You want him to win, right? Do you really think you're going to get people to listen to namecalling? You're working against your own cause.

I've been willing to listen and talk openly and honestly about Obama from the beginning. I've praised him where he deserves it. I've criticized him where, IMO, he deserved that.

But I can honestly say that it's posts like the one I referenced above that make me not want to do that anymore. And that's not fair to YOUR candidate, chom.

I tried to say it subtly earlier, but I'll just come right out with it now, since subtlty didn't work. The loudmouths on both sides (and that often includes ME) need to chill the hell out, and present their opinions calmly and objectively.

God forbid, if we do that, we might even find some common ground.

"how low, and how horrid the right has become."
I guess I tried to bring this up earlier in a PM, but you never really responded.

I really think that attacks on Republicans or on conservatives or "the right" are fair game, just as attacks on "the Democrat Party," "libruls," and "commies" are part of normal discourse here.

There's a difference between lies about an individual person or about a physical classification of people (race, locality, gender, age), and about voluntary associations like political parties or beliefs.

The Stadium equivalent is the ongoing battle of words between Cowboy fans and Redskins fans - we're just two teams throwing insults back and forth, and hopefully having some fun doing it. I really don't think political parties deserve any more sacred treatment than sports teams ... we just all root for a particular side, and we demonize the other side. That's the way the game is played.

I guess I tried to bring this up earlier in a PM, but you never really responded.

I really think that attacks on Republicans or on conservatives or "the right" are fair game, just as attacks on "the Democrat Party," "libruls," and "commies" are part of normal discourse here.

There's a difference between lies about an individual person or about a physical classification of people (race, locality, gender, age), and about voluntary associations like political parties or beliefs.

The Stadium equivalent is the ongoing battle of words between Cowboy fans and Redskins fans - we're just two teams throwing insults back and forth, and hopefully having some fun doing it. I really don't think political parties deserve any more sacred treatment than sports teams ... we just all root for a particular side, and we demonize the other side. That's the way the game is played.

That's fine.

Just don't expect anymore tolerance or effort toward understanding from the "low and horrid."

And if your post is "how the game is played," then IHOP is doing a terrific job on our behalf. I'm just sick of a game that creates bitterness and leaves my country worse off. Maybe that's just me though.

Ahhhh

Is this one easy to explain....or hard?

So we WIN WARS?

Is that enough

Do I need to say more?

Remembering a scene from The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Ted does something stupid on the air. Lou announces his intention to go in there and kill him.

Mary: Lou, you're a grownup. You know violence never settles anything.

Lou gives her a withering stare: Mary, violence has settled

• Every war in history
  • Every Super Bowl ever played
  • And a lot of marriages I know

That's fine.

Just don't expect anymore tolerance or effort toward understanding from the "low and horrid."

I'm not sure what "low and horrid" refers to, but like I said, there's a line there where I think it's okay to criticize a party for it's policies (and to do so with hyperbole), but it's not okay to criticize someone for his race, gender, age, or West Virginia origins...
And if your post is "how the game is played," then IHOP is doing a terrific job on our behalf. I'm just sick of a game that creates bitterness and leaves my country worse off. Maybe that's just me though.
I'll admit that I enjoy the occasional sparring with IHOP. He walks the line sometimes, but generally he is a completely transparent political partisan, just like we have transparent Penguin fans, Laker fans, and Dale Jr. fans around here.

Maybe it creates bitterness and leaves the country worse off, but maybe it's all part of zealous advocacy and strong belief in your own cause - it's kind of like how capitalism screws over a lot of people, but fierce competition is simply the best way to identify the best products. Sometimes it requires an all-out fight to determine the best candidates ... the Founding Fathers (other than Washington) engaged in this kind of political debate, and the country has turned out okay.

It's also important to note that there is always a penalty for going too negative and too ridiculous because a lot of mainstream voters will just ignore the wild allegations (and Obama can label them "smears"). None of the candidates themselves will engage in direct attacks of this kind, and it's really only in the no-holds-barred environment of cable news and the internet that this stuff even sees the light of day.

It's ugly, but the only alternative is censorship, and that's really not an option. Of course, you can play the game too and try to mark certain things off limits (as you are trying to do now by telling us that not to make generalizations about conservatives) ... it's all in good fun, right?

And time out for a second ...

Li Yan Tao: I do not support Beijing Olympics.

Yeah, pal.

Neither do we.

:cool:

Since when do you read Chinese?

That's fine.

First off HH, if you really want the discourse to change, then you need to start pointing out the problems with your own side. I know what you are saying, but look at the thread. Read through it, and really try to think of yourself from a different viewpoint.

When you see someone post "Obama, a candidate enemies cam love", gloss over it, then pick out someone who says it is an example of how horrid and low the right has become, you are not being part of the solution.

Part of the solution would be if people like yourself told someone like Ihop, that obama has done more for this country in the past two years then he ever will, and to insinuate that an enemy will like him is a joke.

But instead, you play the game just as much, while trying to say you are above the fray. If you want to stay above the fray, and do what is right, call out the people on the right who always start the crap.

Furthermore, if you think Ihop is "doing a good job", you need to reevaluate your own position. All he did was lie, bring up hatred against a candidate that wasn't true, tell everyone that enemies will love Obama and disappear. Typical trolling behavior, but apparently one that you approve of . . .

All I am telling you hog is if you want to claim you are above everything, then stay above it, otherwise you are doing what you are espousing against.

......When you see someone post "Obama, a candidate enemies cam love", gloss over it, then pick out someone who says it is an example of how horrid and low the right has become, you are not being part of the solution......

Hamas Endorses Obama

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/04/020315.php

"We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election." Why? "He has a vision to change America." Maybe Yousef has some insight into what Obama means by all these vague references to "change."

First off HH, if you really want the discourse to change, then you need to start pointing out the problems with your own side. I know what you are saying, but look at the thread. Read through it, and really try to think of yourself from a different viewpoint.

When you see someone post "Obama, a candidate enemies cam love", gloss over it, then pick out someone who says it is an example of how horrid and low the right has become, you are not being part of the solution.

Part of the solution would be if people like yourself told someone like Ihop, that obama has done more for this country in the past two years then he ever will, and to insinuate that an enemy will like him is a joke.

But instead, you play the game just as much, while trying to say you are above the fray. If you want to stay above the fray, and do what is right, call out the people on the right who always start the crap.

Furthermore, if you think Ihop is "doing a good job", you need to reevaluate your own position. All he did was lie, bring up hatred against a candidate that wasn't true, tell everyone that enemies will love Obama and disappear. Typical trolling behavior, but apparently one that you approve of :doh:

All I am telling you hog is if you want to claim you are above everything, then stay above it, otherwise you are doing what you are espousing against.

I'm not above anything, chom. And I SAID as much in my post. Why don't YOU go check out the "Obama on Abortion" thread from yesterday. Two touchy subjects in one; with heated emotions on both sides. Why don't you look at how that thread went? IMO, it was something of a model by participants on ALL sides, of how to have a constructive, honest debate. And it CAN be done on the most sensitive of topics.

I'm not about partisan bickering. Yeah, I can get caught up in it like anyone else. But ask TLC, ask DjTj, ask Predicto, HELL, ask Sweet Sassy Molassy, who SOMEHOW has actually become a friend of mine what my goal is in these debates.

With all respect to him, I'm not Sarge. And I don't think I deserve to be looked at that way. I'm pretty confident I've praised Obama more often than any TRUE conservative on this damn board. I'm proud of that. Not because it's cool or fashionable, or makes me look like I'm not a racist, but because it's genuine, and it's objective.

And just last week I DID call Sarge out for posting the story about Obama's cousin talking about his "Muslim heritage" without a link. Hell, my exact words were "Link up or shut up." I call 'em like I see 'em, chom. And I think I see 'em AT LEAST as objectively as you do.

I don't think IHOP is doing a good job. I made that comment because Tj basically said that calling each other "low and horrid" is just "the way things are." I disagree with that. But if that's the standard, than IHOP IS doing a good job.

Again, I'm not "above" anything. I'm no better, no worse, and no more important than anyone else on this board. All I'm saying is that there's a way to argue sensitive political topics without acting like a-holes. I appreciate when people "reel me back in" when I'm doing so. And that's all I tried to do here.

I'm not pointing fingers. I'm not laying blame. I'm saying we all need to take a deep damned breath and try again.

And seriously, read that abortion thread if you get a chance. It was pretty impressive.

I'm not above anything, chom. And I SAID as much in my post. Why don't YOU go check out the "Obama on Abortion" thread from yesterday. Two touchy subjects in one; with heated emotions on both sides. Why don't you look at how that thread went? IMO, it was something of a model by participants on ALL sides, of how to have a constructive, honest debate. And it CAN be done on the most sensitive of topics.

I'm not about partisan bickering. Yeah, I can get caught up in it like anyone else. But ask TLC, ask DjTj, ask Predicto, HELL, ask Sweet Sassy Molassy, who SOMEHOW has actually become a friend of mine what my goal is in these debates.

With all respect to him, I'm not Sarge. And I don't think I deserve to be looked at that way. I'm pretty confident I've praised Obama more often than any TRUE conservative on this damn board. I'm proud of that. Not because it's cool or fashionable, or makes me look like I'm not a racist, but because it's genuine, and it's objective.

And just last week I DID call Sarge out for posting the story about Obama's cousin talking about his "Muslim heritage" without a link. Hell, my exact words were "Link up or shut up." I call 'em like I see 'em, chom. And I think I see 'em AT LEAST as objectively as you do.

I don't think IHOP is doing a good job. I made that comment because Tj basically said that calling each other "low and horrid" is just "the way things are." I disagree with that. But if that's the standard, than IHOP IS doing a good job.

Again, I'm not "above" anything. I'm no better, no worse, and no more important than anyone else on this board. All I'm saying is that there's a way to argue sensitive political topics without acting like a-holes. I appreciate when people "reel me back in" when I'm doing so. And that's all I tried to do here.

I'm not pointing fingers. I'm not laying blame. I'm saying we all need to take a deep damned breath and try again.

And seriously, read that abortion thread if you get a chance. It was pretty impressive.

Well, I read your post as something else, and I have not been around for two weeks due to calling the RCC a backwards assed religion (which I still feel was not bad at all when looking at other things posted). I will check out the thread, and see what is in it.

My point was this, you would be better off going after the person starting the crap in any case, rather than someone on the other side of the isle, it gives more credence to what you are saying.

It is typical stuff i see here though, where a poster says he is above the bickering, takes someone's post out of context, ridicules it, then tries to wipe his hands clean. Maybe you are different hog, maybe you have changed, if you have koodos to you, it is a good thing to change your mind on your views, it means you are learning something. I like to change my mind, because it means that I learned something new :)

Archived