Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama launches Web site to fight rumors

#98QBKiller

Well, I read your post as something else, and I have not been around for two weeks due to calling the RCC a backwards assed religion (which I still feel was not bad at all when looking at other things posted). I will check out the thread, and see what is in it.

Meh. I wouldn't have given you two weeks for that. A lot of things about the Catholic church ARE backwards, IMO. And if you're expressing an opinion, using words that aren't censored, I think that's fair game. But then, I'm not a mod; and we're ALL thankful for that. :laugh:

My point was this, you would be better off going after the person starting the crap in any case, rather than someone on the other side of the isle, it gives more credence to what you are saying.

Like I said, I don't claim to always get it right. I'm a conservative, and more often than not, I will take the side of a fellow conservative. But you asked me what comment I felt was disingenuous from the left. I was answering your question, not calling you out instead of IHOP.

And I stand by my first post that referenced only "children," in a tongue-in-cheek fashion. There were things that didn't need to be said on BOTH sides. Was IHOP "more" wrong. Probably. But it is what it is.

It is typical stuff i see here though, where a poster says he is above the bickering, takes someone's post out of context, ridicules it, then tries to wipe his hands clean. Maybe you are different hog, maybe you have changed, if you have koodos to you, it is a good thing to change your mind on your views, it means you are learning something. I like to change my mind, because it means that I learned something new :)

Again, I was trying to answer your question. And you know as well as I do, we've "ridiculed" each other in the past. That's not what happened here.

As for whether I've changed, I don't think I have; though I do like to try to learn something everyday. I just think it's beneficial to the tone of political debates in general to give credit to the other side when it's due. It kind of gives your criticisms more credence when you have them too, IMO, because you're not just labeled a homer or an "Obama basher."

As for whether I've changed, I don't think I have; though I do like to try to learn something everyday. I just think it's beneficial to the tone of political debates in general to give credit to the other side when it's due. It kind of gives your criticisms more credence when you have them too, IMO, because you're not just labeled a homer or an "Obama basher."

I think often the Hog does try to look at things honestly, though like many of us (myself excluded) we err on the side of our biases if there's the least bit of wiggle room. Hog wants his side to be right. I know my side has left. That's the difference.

Hamas Endorses Obama

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/04/020315.php

"We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election." Why? "He has a vision to change America." Maybe Yousef has some insight into what Obama means by all these vague references to "change."

Are you dyslexic?

It doesn't say Obama Endorses Hamas.

It says Hamas Endorses Obama.

Obama has no control over who endorses him.

Maybe Hamas would like to see less of America bombing people in Islamic countries. That would be awful.

Are you dyslexic?

Maybe Hamas would like to see less of America bombing people in Islamic countries. That would be awful.

Or Hamas might think that the continuation of Repubs in power is a good thing for them. Therefore, knowing that they are seen as the enemy, they endorse the guy they like least. After all, they would be stupid to think that a Hamas endorsement would be viewed favorably here. And they are evil, not stupid.

Are you dyslexic?

Am I dyslexic?

This is to support my...

Enemies Love Obama post

You think Hamas is our Friend?

Are you dyslexic?

Or Hamas might think that the continuation of Repubs in power is a good thing for them. Therefore, knowing that they are seen as the enemy, they endorse the guy they like least. After all, they would be stupid to think that a Hamas endorsement would be viewed favorably here. And they are evil, not stupid.

Hey, Hamas endorsing Obama is a valid point. (Speaking in my official capacity as Supreme Judge of Point Validity.)

It's not like "some poster on a message board with the user name 'Hamas' said . . . " And Hamas is kind of important right now.

OTOH, Burgold's right, too. If you vote against Obama because of this, then you're still letting Hamas tell you how to vote.

Me? I don't know if this means Hamas wants Obama, or Hamas wants McCain, or Hamas just wants to get their name in the papers. Just like I don't know if electing somebody that they like would result in an increased chance of a negotiated deal that we can live with.

Net result: I'm going to remember the fact of this endorsement, but it really isn't going to affect my vote much, if any. I'm going to vote for the guy I want.

:rotflmao:

God help us all. :laugh:

(Or at least those of us right of Stalin.) ;)

(Speaking in my official capacity as Supreme Judge of Point Validity.)

I think those of you on the right side of the hashmarks are in trouble. Larry is the Supreme Judge of Point Validity and I am the absolute judge of whether thngs are idiotic or slimist.

I have a feeling in the future it will often be decided that you are pointless and slimey not because we are biased, but rather because honesty forces us to point out your slimist pointlessness.

I think those of you on the right side of the hashmarks are in trouble. Larry is the Supreme Judge of Point Validity and I am the absolute judge of whether thngs are idiotic or slimist.

I have a feeling in the future it will often be decided that you are pointless and slimey not because we are biased, but rather because honesty forces us to point out your slimist pointlessness.

Fortunately, BigMike and I can beat up you and Larry. :)

Fortunately, BigMike and I can beat up you and Larry. :)

Hah, Big Mike is a wimp. He couldn't stand the fire. He begged to be banned because he didn't have the strength or discipline to restrain himself. And you, you... You? You think I'm afraid of you. I eat hogs for supper. Yes, I am not Kosher. I admit it. You would get skewered and barbecued. Sure, you would give me indigestion, I may be afraid of the big bad wolf, but one of the three little pigs?

HAH!

Archived