Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 fooball Preview Magazines (all have Skins last place)

Walking Deadman

Ok here are the Superbowl Predictions:

PFW: Patriots over Cowboys

Sporting News: Chargers over Cowboys

Athlon: Cowboys over Chargers

=================

Perfect, how often exactly have those mags correctly picked the SB Champ let alone the participants? They should publish their stellar :laugh: stats :laugh:

He said we "did nothing in the offseason to upgrade the defense," eventhough we have brought in James and Schweigert, and drafted players also. While it certainly isn't blockbuster moves, it is "something."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just the returns from injuries alone make an upgrade over last year. I really feel that Frost is going to lose his job to a rookie who will be an upgrade and help with field position greatly.

The value of those predictions...pffffth. The NFC East just changed quite a bit with the retirement of Strahan.

One good injury and the division's up for grabs. One suspension. A set of wins on the road (Giants, anyone?). A bad day for a star cornerback (D'Angelo Hall?).

For all we know, everyone in the NFC East will go 3-3 in the division and 9-7 overall.

And really, in the analysis, we can't win. If we get some people, some names...then we're "big spenders following a failing pattern...". If we don't spend, then we "don't do anything to upgrade in our needs areas..."

Do I expect the Skins to win the division? Nope. Do I expect us to be last? Nope. The players know what it's like to play under pressure, to win playoff games, to travel, to listen to the coaches. Experience on the field has got to count for a little something.

How is that objective when it's factually incorrect?

He said we "did nothing in the offseason to upgrade the defense," eventhough we have brought in James and Schweigert, and drafted players also. While it certainly isn't blockbuster moves, it is "something."

James, a guy that has barely played the last 2 seasons due to injuries and still can't practice. What has he done in his career to suggest he will be an upgrade? Schweigert brought in to play FS. Will he be a better FS than Taylor or Landry? Sorry, not an upgrade.

He said the only upgrade to the offense was 2 rookie WRs. He did not mention Rinehart or Davis or Brennan.

Brennan will not play this season, and Rinehart is unlikely to. Davis might squeeze some time in with two tight end sets if he manages to set his alarm on gameday. There is a difference between "upgrade" and "depth".

Nowhere did he mention that the team is coming off a playoff run, and with youth being infused in the team and all starters returning maybe we didn't need a ton of "major upgrades."

Yeah we made a playoff run. But it was led by Joe Gibbs on a wave of emotion after the death of Sean Taylor. It was also led by Todd Collins who most likely won't be playing quarterback for us this season. New coach, new offense, young quarterback....expect growing pains.

He said our OL is old and injury prone. Kendall is the only guy who is old in terms of O-linemen. Jansen and Thomas had freak injuries, but neither had missed playing since '04 and '05 respectively.

Everyone on the O-line is over 30 and all except Samuels have missed games due to injury in the last 2 seasons. Jansen and Thomas had season-enders the past two seasons. I consider that old and injury-prone, but maybe that's just me.

I'd like to see how they predicted Green Bay to be last year. Maybe not last in the conference, but doubtful they could of predicted 13-3 in 2007 or even an 8-8 in 2006 with a relatively newby coach in Mike McCarty (albeit having OC experience).

This year will be interesting to say the least. Zorn-Dog has some big shoes to fill, and I'm not sold on him in the least. Don't get me wrong, he's got a blank slate and I have my expectations. Thus have gone on record with a 9-7 season with a wild-card birth.

However, you can't blame the public nor the media making these predictions with HUGE ?'s in Zorn and Campbell.

How is that objective when it's factually incorrect?

I don't think his facts were twisted. I believe the idea wasn't that the 'Skins are a terrible football team, but given the upheaval, there is nothing beyond the optimism of allegiance to suggest that there aren't three teams better than the Redskins in the NFCE right now. The only team I don't necessarily feel is better, is Philly. Though as long as a potentially healthy McNabb is QB, it's hard not to take them.

I like the optimism from fellow fans, but I refuse to get upset with some football writers choosing concensus teams to do better than the 'Skins this season.

The Redskins were probably the best team in the division last year before all the injuries, the death of ST, and Gibbs' retirement. This is a completely different team now. How can you fault objective minds for these rankings?

That's fine be me. We honestly will have an uphill battle this year. New coach, players coming off injury, playing in the toughest division in football. I think our players/coaches are ready for the challenge though. Only time will tell.

That's fine be me. We honestly will have an uphill battle this year. New coach, players coming off injury, playing in the toughest division in football. I think our players/coaches are ready for the challenge though. Only time will tell.

I agree.

And dude, I'm really diggin your sig. :applause:

Ok here are the Superbowl Predictions:

PFW: Patriots over Cowboys

Sporting News: Chargers over Cowboys

Athlon: Cowboys over Chargers

I think it is funny how everyone is on the Cowgurls bandwagon when they haven't won a playoff game in a decade.:doh: I like being the underdog though. How sweet it will be when we stomp them!

I think it is funny how everyone is on the Cowgurls bandwagon when they haven't won a playoff game in a decade.:doh: I like being the underdog though. How sweet it will be when we stomp them!
A little off topic but it reminds me of the NASCAR Dale Jr fad.Dude hasnt won in 76 races and there picking hime to be champion :doh: .Although I do have to say I hate the Cowboys more.

Anyone who thinks Zorn's offense is going to be worse than the Gibbs/Saunders fiasco is on drugs. We got back two pro bowl caliber o linemen, 2 red zone threat/much needed size wise receivers, a new TE to compliment Cooley, a DE (James), a FS (Schweigart), and a Ray Guy Award winning punter to replace the 2nd worst punter in the league. Not to mention Portis has a new, more serious approach and will be in better condition, Phillip Daniels and Griffen are healthy for the first time in three years, and Gregg "deep shell cover 2" Williams is out. How are we going to be so much worse than last year again? The answer is we aren't. The Giants will finish last in the division, I will bet on it.

Archived