Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nuclear Explosion Occurs Near Epicenter of the Sichuan Earthquake, Expert Says

Baculus

Well, I suspect that if there'd been a nuclear explosion above ground, anywhere in the world, and the CIA didn't tell the President about it within three minutes, I suspect there'd be a pile of bodies outside a few places by now. :)

I think there's no way it was a nuclear blast. There are multiple ways of detecting nuclear testing:

(1) Monitoring radio isotopes in the atmosphere

(2) Changes in the ionosphere due to acoustic shock waves

(3) Satellite flyovers of any major military site

(4) Seismic data - nuclear blasts have a very different signature to an earthquake

I think the theory that's being proposed is that a nuke blast caused the earthquake.

But left no evidence by which nuclear blasts are easily detectable?

The seismic signature looked like an earthquake, not a nuclear blast followed by an earthquake.

No radio isotopes.

No affects in the ionosphere.

No reported evidence from flyovers (this last one requires military to share information) but the others are under control of non-military endeavors in a number of countries around the world.

The radiation would be detectable by the CIA. Doesn't mean they'd issue a press release.

IMO if we did have intel alluding to the fact an underground nuke explosion may have caused the quake we'd keep it under wraps and use it to "pursuade" China to be a lot more cooperative with us. If they choose not to we tell the world their dirty little secret and they get torpedoed by the UN.

Maybe it was an underground Nike sewing factory and Gen Mosely accidentally sent them some Nukes by mistake. :D

Archived