Extremeskins

Question about Labatt's Blue beer

EersSkins05

PS 3  

75 members have voted

1. 1. PS 3

• The PS3 is the best solution
    • The PS3 is not the best solution

Since about March, local convenience stores in my area have started carrying 24 oz cans of Labatt's Blue for the obscenely low price of 99 cents per can.

Talking to friends that live elsewhere in West Virginia, it's offered in Morgantown at a little more, but still a very, very good price for a good Canadian beer.

Folks that live elsewhere have never seen it in 24 oz cans, and most knowledgeable beer drinkers are stunned that I can essentially get 12 Labatts for 6 dollars.

Does anyone know why they're doing this?

I'm almost afraid to even bring it up for fear that they might stop selling it at that price... haha

because it's Canadian? :laugh:

Honestly, LaBatt's is not that GREAT of a beer, so it should be similarly priced to bud/miller light. Just because it is imported doesn't make it better. Its like how people think Fosters or Stella Artois are something special cause they are imported, when they are the equivalent of Bud over there.

I just say if you enjoy the beer, then enjoy the cheap prices while you can, for like everything else, the price of beer is on the rise as well.

that's crazy cheap considered what they charge in the country its made. I pay $3.55 plus deposit for the same can, we also have 32 oz cans (950ml) for $4.95 plus deposit per can.

And no Labatt's blue is not considered a premium Candian Beer, its the most common beer found west of Ontario next to Kokanee in B.C, and like another poster said, its more along the lines of Bud or Miller Lite.

Most people would think since Canadians like drinking beer, we would produce a ton of it at a cheap price. Not so. Some drink it like water, but we pay through the nose for it. A case of 24 bottles of Blue, keep in mind this is one of the more popular selling beers in Canada goes for $36.95, and the slightly larger cans go for $39.95.

In fact, the most popular promotion for beer in Ontario is the "buck a beer" campaings. These are usually smaller brewers, although some have been bought out by the big guys, where they sell their beer for $1/bottle + deposit. So even the cheap beer in Ontario will cost you $26.40 for 24 bottles.

I myself prefer Moosehead lager, which i just bought a 12 pack for $21.95. If you see that, even for $40 for a case of 24, try it, you'll be glad you did.

Just curious, what does a 24 of bud bottles cost you guys? and for comparison what does a 12 or 24 of Corona or Heiniken go for?

Just curious, what does a 24 of bud bottles cost you guys? and for comparison what does a 12 or 24 of Corona or Heiniken go for?

Dude a 24 of Corona costs the rediculously low price of $25.00 in my area. Heineken is a little more expensive at about $30.00.

Honestly, LaBatt's is not that GREAT of a beer, so it should be similarly priced to bud/miller light. Just because it is imported doesn't make it better. Its like how people think Fosters or Stella Artois are something special cause they are imported, when they are the equivalent of Bud over there.

I just say if you enjoy the beer, then enjoy the cheap prices while you can, for like everything else, the price of beer is on the rise as well.

I met this dude from Scotland while in Mexico and his favorite beer is Budweiser.

You can get a 36 pack of either Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, or Miller Lite for $19.99 at Costco. The Heinken at Costco goes for $21.99 I believe.

Dude a 24 of Corona costs the rediculously low price of $25.00 in my area. Heineken is a little more expensive at about $30.00.

I'm at least $40 for both, and the Hieny at $40 comes in smaller than the normal Hieny bottles. Corona we get a break on because I think Labatts or maybe Molson has the rights to brew it themselves here.

Still, for a not so premium locally brewed beer, Im paying about $2/bottle. If you can ever find it in your neck of the woods, look for Moosehead Lager or this beer, Creemore Springs.

http://www.creemoresprings.com/live/

whatever you do, if you come to Toronto, stay away from SteamWhistle. taste like crap since its brewed with freshly polluted Lake Ontario water. (they say its spring water but their is a freaking supply pipe with a pump going into the factory wall directly from Lake Ontario, about 50 ft away.)

I myself prefer Moosehead lager, which i just bought a 12 pack for $21.95. If you see that, even for $40 for a case of 24, try it, you'll be glad you did.

Hey is Grizzly beer still being brewed? I use to drink Moosehead and Grizzly all the time back in the late 80's.

Honestly, . Just because it is imported doesn't make it better. Its like how people think Fosters or Stella Artois are something special cause they are imported, when they are the equivalent of Bud over there.

When I was in Sydney I went out to a pub and was given tips about which beers the locals preferred.

They said the sure way to tip them off that you are a tourist is to order a Fosters. He said they only make it to export it and they've always wondered how the cat was able to balance on the bottle long enough to fill it.

I spent a couple weeks in northern Ontario in the summer of '86. My son was born the next april :D . I put away a few cases of Labats blue, and it was good. On the 14th day I rested. :cheers: . Labats also bottled Bud for Abush in Cana duh! eh? surprised that DieHard hasn't been in here, the Canukian that he is :silly:

When I was in Sydney I went out to a pub and was given tips about which beers the locals preferred.

They said the sure way to tip them off that you are a tourist is to order a Fosters. He said they only make it to export it and they've always wondered how the cat was able to balance on the bottle long enough to fill it.

I'm sorry but thats hilarious, I am definitely using that next time my friends get Miller Lite, I mean if you are using the beer for more than just beer games, why get the watered down, cat piss stuff?

If you actually live in Lusby, start shopping at Nick's in Prince Frederick.

Heinekin is almost always the same price point as Corono, about 21.99-23.99.

Unless prices have gone up since I've last worked there.

Archived