Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TP - Brunell making smooth transition with Saints

HapHaszard

Brunell didn't deserve all the disrespect he was given in D.C. I don't think people realized that it wasn't his fault he was paid more than he was worth.

I also didn't understand why there was so much talk about his arm. He didn't have Kyle Boller's arm, but he wasn't a noodle arm. People made it sound like he couldn't throw the ball 20 yards. There were a ridiculous amount of misconceptions.

Brunell didn't deserve all the disrespect he was given in D.C. I don't think people realized that it wasn't his fault he was paid more than he was worth.

I also didn't understand why there was so much talk about his arm. He didn't have Kyle Boller's arm, but he wasn't a noodle arm. People made it sound like he couldn't throw the ball 20 yards. There were a ridiculous amount of misconceptions.

:rolleyes: please. He sucked for majority of his career as a Redskin. He strung together a good amount of good to great games together in 2005 but the rest was terrible.

2004 was a disaster and how can anyone forget 2006? Our offense was downright painful to watch with Brunell chucking screen passes and 2 yard dumpoffs every passing down. Not to mention, his favorite reciever: the sideline :rolleyes:

Worst of all, Gibbs traded away a third round pick for him when everyone and their mother knew Jacksonville was going to release him.

I vividly remember when Brunell went down at a critical time against the Giants in the middle of our playoff run and thinking for a few moments that we were lost without him. Ramsey came out, everyone lined up wrong, he screamed at them, got frustrated, and called a timeout.

Thankfully, that gave me the time to calm down and say "alright, Ramsey I beleive in you." Then he found Moss for a long TD and all was well. I think that game more than anything preserved all the good feelings for Ramsey but I'm going off track.

My point was that it always struck me througout 2006, remembering that time when I felt like we were doomed without Brunell under center. It was that, combined with breaking a record in Houston and vintage all-pro flashes against the Jaguars early on, that made me a homeristic Brunell supporter to the bitter, depressing end. I knew JC was going to have to get his chance eventually for our future and even went to his first game but I still felt really bad for Mark.

I vividly remember when Brunell went down at a critical time against the Giants in the middle of our playoff run and thinking for a few moments that we were lost without him. Ramsey came out, everyone lined up wrong, he screamed at them, got frustrated, and called a timeout.

Thankfully, that gave me the time to calm down and say "alright, Ramsey I beleive in you." Then he found Moss for a long TD and all was well. I think that game more than anything preserved all the good feelings for Ramsey but I'm going off track.

I vividly remember that, as well.

I had actually fallen asleep during that Dallas game in 2005, because it was late in the game and it appeared that we were going to lose. I remember being woken up by my g/f (who is now my wife) screaming "Mark Brunell just hit Santana for a long TD pass!"...I came out of my sleepiness just as the replay was coming on. It was unbelievable, but not as unbelievable as when he threw TD pass #2...Brunell gave us some really special memories during that playoff run in 05.

I already kind of miss him here, as i've been watching mini-camp videos and stuff. I'm glad he is on a team that wants him. And i'm glad he's working out for them so far. I, along with others here i'm sure, never believed that Brunell was the sole problem in 2006. I always attributed his lack of the downfield passes was due to the fact that he didn't know the new offense well enough to be proficient at it. I still think that had Gibbs still been calling the plays in 2006, had Al Saunders never came, that Brunell and the skins would have had a good year and another playoff run.

Archived