Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Request for help with present for good friend (RE: Cheerleader Leeanne)

mikeyf316

This was an e-mail from a very good friend of mine (Omar) who has had severe medical problems in the past year. One of his oldest friends, Rich, has been a key figure in his recovery. Rich's birthday is coming up, and everybody wants to do something more memorable than the average for him. Rich has been the definition of a true friend, and I'd like to help Omar throw him a great birthday party. Fortunately, Rich has a weakness -

"There used to be a Ravens Cheerleader named Leeanne that Rich was and still is just taken with. Even after she moved on the Redskins he still was a big fan. It has gotten to be a running joke with all his friends. They even tried to get her meet him as a surprise but the schedules never matched.

I did some digging and found a ton of pictures even some video. But this is where I need your help. There are four videos on Redskins.com TV that I would love to steal for a project I am planning to do. I'm going to string those videos and a video of those pictures to play on my monitor when we have the party."

The problem is I have no idea how to snag those videos from the flash player on Redskins.com. I was hoping that somebody could help there.

Leeanne was Miss April in the Skins cheerleader calendar two years ago. Would anybody happen to have a copy that they could scan the picture off of?

I really appreciate any help that anybody could provide me in getting this project rolling. Thanks very much in advance.

Respectfully,

Mike

That would be outstanding. Any of the ones with the cheerleaders are the target videos. I think Omar wants to string them together, burn it to DVD and put it on a loop on every TV and computer monitor in the house during the party.

Heres is a copy of the youtube video you requested. I used a firefox addon called downloadhelper.

You can also go to vixy.net and enter the url to the video and it will automatically take that video and convert it to avi for you to download off of their servers.

the extension to this is a flash file (.flv) so you will need a flash player.

you can google flv to avi converter or flv or mpg converter and do it yourself if you want.

Hope I have been some help

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zxx2mn

Great thread:

I had tried to get a Redskin player to come to my sons school but unfortunately we live in Missouri.

I was thinking about asking here if anyone knew of a player who might be from Mo.?

It would probably make it much easier.

We left Va. almost 5 years ago so that Michael could attend St.Joseph's Institute for the Deaf. http://www.sjid.org/stl/index.html

Best move I have ever made in my life.

I called Redskin Park but they said they had no players from Mo.

I'm thinking they were looking at the College school and not home town.

I read on Redskin.com that Matt Sinclair was from St.Louis

Would anyone know how to contact him or if it's even possible to talk to a player if you call Redskin Park?

Does anyone know who else might be from Mo?

We were thinking it would be totally cool to get a player to come to the school,the kids work so hard I think they would really like it.

The NFL bring a player to school program is location based.

A perfect world would include players from other teams as we are not the only family to relocate.

Hand out awards at the end of the year

Bingo Night

or the Fall festival would be great events to have a player.

I think all the school ever had was a few old baseball players show up a few times.

No NFL players.

Thanks for any/all help you can provide.

Great thread:

I had tried to get a Redskin player to come to my sons school but unfortunately we live in Missouri.

I was thinking about asking here if anyone knew of a player who might be from Mo.?

It would probably make it much easier.

We left Va. almost 5 years ago so that Michael could attend St.Joseph's Institute for the Deaf. http://www.sjid.org/stl/index.html

Best move I have ever made in my life.

I called Redskin Park but they said they had no players from Mo.

I'm thinking they were looking at the College school and not home town.

I read on Redskin.com that Matt Sinclair was from St.Louis

Would anyone know how to contact him or if it's even possible to talk to a player if you call Redskin Park?

Does anyone know who else might be from Mo?

We were thinking it would be totally cool to get a player to come to the school,the kids work so hard I think they would really like it.

The NFL bring a player to school program is location based.

A perfect world would include players from other teams as we are not the only family to relocate.

Hand out awards at the end of the year

Bingo Night

or the Fall festival would be great events to have a player.

I think all the school ever had was a few old baseball players show up a few times.

No NFL players.

Thanks for any/all help you can provide.

You are not going to talk to a player if you call the park. Can you even imagine how many people would be calling.......to see if they knew the words to HTTR?

Fall Festival? Uh.....I think they are kinda busy in the fall.

I work with deaf children. In Texas we have Regional Day School Programs.....along with the state school for the deaf. My students are in public school.......and I am the principal. I love these children. Does he use ASL? I am not sure if it is used in MO as it is here in Texas.

You can write any player in the Redskin organization. Many players do go home during the off season to participate in activities in their home towns.

Hope you can get someone to come. Maybe get things lined up for next off season.

Hey Blondie thanks for the response.

Actually Michael has bi-lateral cochlear implants.

We were using ASL before his 1st implant (age 3.5)

When we first moved out here he had maybe a 100 word vocabulary.Now he is non stop talking.

He will start a half day at public school next school year and hopefully be mainstreamed 1-2 more years.

I guess what I need to do is start doing my research as to who lives close to us and start writing them letters in hopes of maybe next year

Why is she not on the team this year? I will miss her, she was one of the best, if not the best one to watch.

I saw Leeanne at her last appearance as a cheerleader. I asked if she was trying out again and she said No. It was time, she said.

However, she said she will not be a stranger. She said that sometimes "veterans" are used for promotions in case it is not possible for any other of the cheerleaders. Leeanne said she hopes to do that sometimes this coming season.

All we need is a lot of promotions on a single day and then . . . .

By the way, she looked beautiful. However, her warmup jacket was not pressed. That was why I guessed she was not coming out next season.

I will miss her, too.

Archived