Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OPINION PLEASE! Seating Upgrade

smashmowf

Currently I have 3 seats in Row 18, section 417....I responded to the famous "upgrade" email today.....the Rep advised me that for an extra $660 dollars total, he could move me to row....11..same section.....while I hate to pass up an opportunity to upgrade, I just think it was not worth it...since I was required to make an on the spot decision right there on the phone I said no.....SO...What's everyone's opinion as far as who would have passed and who would have accepted the offer?

:point2sky

The cutoff is row 15, everything 15 and below is one price, 16 and higher is a lower price. It might not make much of a difference to you since it's only 7 rows or so. I wound up moving from 27 to 14, a 13 row difference, and I went ahead and took the offer. Hopefully, I can start moving closer to the 50 in the future.

Good non-move in my opinion. I accepted an upgrade last year and moved from row 27 to row 14...same section...420. Paid quite a bit more for the tix and it wasn't worth it. As many rows as I was closer to the field, I was an equal number further from the 50.

What a terrible rip-off these tickets are. Last season was my first ... and last as a season ticket holder. I has section 452 Row 26 Seats 13-16. For $3040.00. Screw that.

A lot of people probably share your sentiment. That's why the waitlist has been moving so fast and relocation upgrades have been plentiful this offseason.

For what you paid for your season tickets, you can still attend several games of your choice by buying on Ebay. You can also catch a road game or two w/out having to pay the TO for preseason and the other Redskins games you don't want.

Currently I have 3 seats in Row 18, section 417....I responded to the famous "upgrade" email today.....the Rep advised me that for an extra $660 dollars total, he could move me to row....11..same section.....while I hate to pass up an opportunity to upgrade, I just think it was not worth it...since I was required to make an on the spot decision right there on the phone I said no.....SO...What's everyone's opinion as far as who would have passed and who would have accepted the offer?

:point2sky

It may only be 7 rows, but you have to look at the big picture. You will be automatically upgraded in future season to bring you closer to the 1st row in the same section. Otherwise you won't be able to get closer than row 16.

This is what has happened to me since I first became a ticket holder in 2004.

2004 Section 447 row 28

2005 Section 447 row 15

2006 Section 447 row 14

2007 Section 447 row 11

I have tried unsuccessfuly to be moved to a different section closer to the 50 yard line. I do believe it is going to happen this upcoming season. Of course I've got my fingers and toes crossed.

Anyway, I'd take the offer and hope for upgrades in future seasons to make the move more palatable.

I went from row 24 to row 15 this year in sect 401. I started on row 27 then moved to 26 then row 24. I took the upgrade and they said they would move me lower in the future. I really want green parking. I drive 4 hours each way, and the quicker I can get to the car and out of the lot the better. Also I will have these four seats to the NYG game this year for sale. Face value if any takers are out there

Why do you care what we think? Its YOUR money. Its your entertainment dollar. Only YOU can decide whether it is a good deal for you. Besides...you already made YOUR decision.

My only suggestion to EVERYONE is be prepared for all possibilities should they come your way in the future....because the will. The ticket office is going to make an offer to you and if you don't want it or want time to decide, YOUR options will be taken by someone else. They have thousands if not tens of thousands of seat upgrades to offer and fill every year. They do not have time to wait on people nor hold your possible upgrade for even 24 hours.

So if you are on the wait list or may be upgraded, consider what seats are desirable to you and what are not. That way you are ready for that "on the spot" question that all ticket holders go thru. In just 6 years, I must have had over a dozen calls from the ticket office for seat location decisions that had to be made quickly or my options immediately got worse.

If you are happy with your decision, I'm happy for you! :D

Good non-move in my opinion. I accepted an upgrade last year and moved from row 27 to row 14...same section...420. Paid quite a bit more for the tix and it wasn't worth it. As many rows as I was closer to the field, I was an equal number further from the 50.

That's a matter of opinion....we move from row 29 to row 15 and it made a big difference. I think that the difference was only $200.00 for the season.

Definitely worth it.....

I really want green parking.

After this progressive season of GA seating upgrades, I'll be very curious to see if anybody gets upgraded to green parking.

Haven't read about many people on ES getting upgraded to green parking over the past couple of years, but nor did we read about GA upgrades to the lower level until now. Maybe things are about to change.

After this progressive season of GA seating upgrades, I'll be very curious to see if anybody gets upgraded to green parking.

Haven't read about many people on ES getting upgraded to green parking over the past couple of years, but nor did we read about GA upgrades to the lower level until now. Maybe things are about to change.

Would be nice. I would take an upgrade from my wonderful cash lot spot. haha

Would be nice. I would take an upgrade from my wonderful cash lot spot. haha

I'm surprised they haven't offered you red or blue parking. The TO claims there is also a waitlist for those two lots, but I was offered blue my first year on the waitlist and red in my second year of waiting. I passed on blue the first year and took red just last year. Both times they called me in July just days b/f tix were to be delivered.

I think they withhold the parking pass offers until the last minute as a marketing ploy to encourage people to purchase premium seating where the prime parking of purple, orange and green are immediately available.

But at the end of each offseason, they probably have thousands of blue and red parking books to sell and they're happy to sell it to any STH.

No proof people, just my theory.:2cents:

What sucks is if you do not own 3 or more seats you can never get a parking pass.

Last year was my first year with Season tickets. I don't know how some of you did'nt get to upgrade to my seats which are in 451 Row 3.

You have to play hardball with the ticket office otherwise they will be glad to keep you in the upper rows.

I'm surprised they haven't offered you red or blue parking. The TO claims there is also a waitlist for those two lots, but I was offered blue my first year on the waitlist and red in my second year of waiting. I passed on blue the first year and took red just last year. Both times they called me in July just days b/f tix were to be delivered.

I think they withhold the parking pass offers until the last minute as a marketing ploy to encourage people to purchase premium seating where the prime parking of purple, orange and green are immediately available.

But at the end of each offseason, they probably have thousands of blue and red parking books to sell and they're happy to sell it to any STH.

No proof people, just my theory.:2cents:

Your out there sometimes………everything is not a conspiracy.

Why do you care what we think? Its YOUR money. Its your entertainment dollar. Only YOU can decide whether it is a good deal for you. Besides...you already made YOUR decision.

My only suggestion to EVERYONE is be prepared for all possibilities should they come your way in the future....because the will. The ticket office is going to make an offer to you and if you don't want it or want time to decide, YOUR options will be taken by someone else. They have thousands if not tens of thousands of seat upgrades to offer and fill every year. They do not have time to wait on people nor hold your possible upgrade for even 24 hours.

So if you are on the wait list or may be upgraded, consider what seats are desirable to you and what are not. That way you are ready for that "on the spot" question that all ticket holders go thru. In just 6 years, I must have had over a dozen calls from the ticket office for seat location decisions that had to be made quickly or my options immediately got worse.

If you are happy with your decision, I'm happy for you! :D

Wow....."Why do you care what we think? Its YOUR money."....Thanks guy, I am fully aware its my money....but uh this is a forum....and to me it is to be used for discussion and exchange of opinion....this is my 3rd year with tickets, therefore what I was interested in was the opinion of ticket holders with more years under their belt...in an effort to see how the flow of upgrade offers go from year to year......last year I moved down 5 row to row 23....didnt really make a difference to me...moving 7 rows from 18 would mean 12 rows in 2 years....just tryin to gage if the $660 is worth it, if I'll keep getting offers it is.....if I dont...its not worth it...to me.

Archived