Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams bashed on ESPN

BthatRAD09

yesterday, Williams was bashed on ESPN for his horrible cover skills. I know i have seen us fans talk about how horrible he is but it was never talked about anywhere else. The Cowgirls notice it now. And the best part about this bashing was the 2 plays it showed of RW getting burned in coverage were SMoss' td catches in Dallas in that great comeback a few years back! I loved seeing that, while they were bashing on a rival player.

yesterday, Williams was bashed on ESPN for his horrible cover skills. I know i have seen us fans talk about how horrible he is but it was never talked about anywhere else. The Cowgirls notice it now. And the best part about this bashing was the 2 plays it showed of RW getting burned in coverage were SMoss' td catches in Dallas in that great comeback a few years back! I loved seeing that, while they were bashing on a rival player.

Never been any talk? WHAT! That was the big talk the past few years all over the media.... You do know the US is at war right now.... right?

Yeah well this is not news, then again ESPN reporting anything of value at the time it is relevant is also no big shock either. They are only concerned with the next TO meltdown whereas actual X's and O's are not really of any value to the four letter network.

We'll... at least he can pull a good horse collar tackle every once in a while.

I mean really... who else is any better at that?

Which is why I smell another Pro Bowl in Roy's future. With or without the Cowpukes! :laugh:

I will always hold Roy in high-regard as a person though for one thing....he talked a lot about Sean Taylor in very positive terms after his passing.

When a lot of the media was seeking to bash him Roy & Antonio Peirce defended him a lot...so for that I will give him (and Antonio) a lot of credit for.

Like Parcells said, he's a biscuit short of a linebacker. If Roy Williams was like 20 pounds heavier, he'd make for a decent linebacker. Unfortunately, that makes for him being a crappy safety.

Also, I find it funny that these Puke fans talk about how they have always known for years he was bad, when only a couple years ago when we were having arguments whether Sean Taylor or Roy Williams was better :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I kind of feel bad for the guy. I still have a lot of respect for what he did at the Pro Bowl honoring Sean Taylor, and he seems like a genuine classy guy. I think some people are bashing him just because it seems like the cool thing to do now.

I kind of feel bad for the guy. I still have a lot of respect for what he did at the Pro Bowl honoring Sean Taylor, and he seems like a genuine classy guy. I think some people are bashing him just because it seems like the cool thing to do now.

That's only because most feel the bashing has been a long time coming. I've never once felt as if RW was a prick or anything...seemed like a decent guy off the field. But I would get PISSED seeing him drag down Skins players by the back of their jerseys and shoulder pads from behind, and would always fear injury when it happened. I would also get pissed seeing him championed and hyped in the media as much as he was...never thought he deserved as much as he got.

So while I do see him as a decent human being and definitely appreciated his actions in regards to Sean Taylor and honoring his memory, I also think the bashing is deserved.

I'm not sure that a less deserving player has ever gotten the sort of recognition that Roy has.

Don't get me wrong, he not undeserving as a person, but his play on the field has NEVER equated to the Pro Bowls and accolades he has gotten. Five consecutive Pro Bowl appearances. That's pretty amazing for a football player.

This isn't just getting in on name recognition when someone else deserved it more. This is out and out robbery, since RW was never in that echelon of top tier Safeties to begin with.

Archived