Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Age of Conan - Who's Picking It Up Tuesday?

Riggins77

I am still playing world of warcraft. I don't know what kind of review this game will get. If they say it's good, I might try it.
I hear ya. I am still going to play WoW too, I just started on Mug'thol per Playsmart30's recommendation. It probably would be a good time to cancel my Vanguard account. :laugh:

I'm still into WoW. Some games such as LOTRs came out and none of them can hold up to WoW. I'll wait and see about this. I'm currently leveling a hunter on the realm Burning Blade and having a lot of fun. It'll have to take a great game to pull me off that.

I alread have it and played BETA. It's MA rated game that has some advantages over wow and some serious disadvantages. The main advantage is that your character has mass. People can't not walk through your tank to kill your healer. You can fight on mounts and actually use mounts to attack things. Disadvantages are that the class structures are less defined. Everyone can stealth, rogues simply better then the rest. Everyone can dps, healers simply have lower dps plus heals.

Fighting is active not automatic. Melee has to attack in combos with directional attacks. Left right or straight. Combo's (special attacks) require a combination of keys pressed inorder to pull off. Fighting can be more bloody thanks to finishers that can range from blood droplets to decapitation that seem to happen by proc chance.

We will see how it plays out but it has great potential for pvp. I doubt it will have anywhere near the following of WoW but it did go Gold prior to release.

I alread have it and played BETA. It's MA rated game that has some advantages over wow and some serious disadvantages. The main advantage is that your character has mass. People can't not walk through your tank to kill your healer. You can fight on mounts and actually use mounts to attack things. Disadvantages are that the class structures are less defined. Everyone can stealth, rogues simply better then the rest. Everyone can dps, healers simply have lower dps plus heals.

Fighting is active not automatic. Melee has to attack in combos with directional attacks. Left right or straight. Combo's (special attacks) require a combination of keys pressed inorder to pull off. Fighting can be more bloody thanks to finishers that can range from blood droplets to decapitation that seem to happen by proc chance.

We will see how it plays out but it has great potential for pvp. I doubt it will have anywhere near the following of WoW but it did go Gold prior to release.

PvP being good is what I want to hear. I give a **** about PvE :D

Let me know what server you plan to play on. I assume it will be a PvP server, so help a brother out!

still trying to figure that out actually... my gaming friends went lame on me and 1/3rd went to a PVE server, 1/3rd went to an RP-PVP server (boggles the mind), and the rest are on Bane pvp server.

BTW - talked to a guy that got early entry, word is that AOC launch has gone very smooth so the game is ready earlier then most MMOs

My friend started playing it on Saturday, I need to call him and ask him how it is.

He is in one of the top guilds in all over EverQuest 2 and was in one of the best in Everquest, so his guild wants to carry into AOC.

still trying to figure that out actually... my gaming friends went lame on me and 1/3rd went to a PVE server, 1/3rd went to an RP-PVP server (boggles the mind), and the rest are on Bane pvp server.

BTW - talked to a guy that got early entry, word is that AOC launch has gone very smooth so the game is ready earlier then most MMOs

That's cool. So is Bane is one of the FFA PvP servers? Very good to hear that the launch has gone smooth, nothing sucks more than a ****ty launch. I remember how WoW went, the population overload and the servers being down all of Thanksgiving break. I had planned on powerleveling that week since I was off of work :mad:

Lol...I was actually doing my dailies on the Isle and several of the guild members were speaking of this game , one even said it could be better than WoW. I'll have to read up more on this.
Did you give up on the Mug'thol character? I am up to a level 16 druid, not bad for having a baby and getting limited leveling time.

My friend started playing it on Saturday, I need to call him and ask him how it is.

He is in one of the top guilds in all over EverQuest 2 and was in one of the best in Everquest, so his guild wants to carry into AOC.

So was their some pre-order stuff going on that allowed you to get the game earlier? Or did the ones that got into beta get the option to get the game before everyone and start playing like last week or something?

Heh! I haven't tried any MMORPGs, but mostly because I know my personality would likely make me highly susceptible to the addiction that just about everyone else I know who has come in contact with the game suffered. I like being happily married.

The fact that Madden 09 won't be released on the PC helps... The only thing similar that I'm looking forward to is Fallout3...

Edit: that was one freaking long sentence in paragraph 1... Oh well... too busy to fix it.

:laugh: considering I am married and my wife just had a baby......not too long ago :D

Married as well... I'm not the kind of person that can sit and do nothing, games are my TV (I don't watch more than 1.5 hours of TV a week unless some sporting event is on I want to see).

I think I'm gonna wait until Darkfall Online comes out, which will hopefully happen this year. I got started in MMORPG's in Star wars galaxies, then moved on to WoW for a while, but quit that and haven't been playing any for about two years now, but DFO looks to be the best one yet if it lives up to what people are saying.

Archived