Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Davis. It's a player's name. I made a thread-title out of it. See? (M.E.T.)

DTN Redskin

I really think this guy is going to be an absolute stud for us. He was dominant his senior year at USC. Him and Cooley should be an excellent 2 tight end set. Expectations and compare him to Cooley. More potential, less, or the same. Personally I think the sky is the limit for him even if he did oversleep one time. Thoughts on Fred Davis?

i hope we can develop his blocking skills, i think as a passing threat hes great but i'd like to have a TE who can block when called on. if he can do both imagine how many defenses you can confuse by having him and cooley on the field..wont know what plays being called.

I think there is great potential to create mismatches with the two TE formation. You can go 4 wide out of it with Cooley and Davis in any position, or slide Portis out for a 5 wide set. You can slide Cooley in the backfield into the I formation or move him over to the same side as Davis for some power running just to exploit the linebackers and safeties in the passing game.

This could all be done shifting from the standard 2 TE formation. Either way, there will be some mismatches with both of these guys on the field, especially in the red-zone.

1. Your title is not very descriptive - The mods are going to give you hell for that.

2. You just DO NOT simply over sleep on your 3RD day to work. If he stays awake in training camp then we will have to see and wait before getting too excited about him.

Geeze, he only over sleeps for one day and he gets bashed and ran over by the fanbase and mediots. :doh:

He's a rookie, give him a break. Zorn taught him his lesson so no need to make him feel any worse.

And I beleive Fred Davis will take a lot of pressure off of Cooley

Geeze, he only over sleeps for one day and he gets bashed and ran over by the fanbase and mediots. :doh:

He's a rookie, give him a break. Zorn taught him his lesson so no need to make him feel any worse.

He did get a break, but he does deserve to be reminded that he is going to be getting paid a lot (I MEAN A LOT) of money to work/play a game, so the ****ing least he can do is get the hell up and attend the orientation/mini-camp.

He'll be fine though, looks like Zorn handled it well.

And I beleive Fred Davis will take a lot of pressure off of Cooley

Your age is listed as 13, so I'm going to assume that you don't have an official job yet. Here's some advice:

Miss the third day of ANY job by oversleeping, but you'd better have your résumé printed out, 'cause you'll be fired in a heartbeat.

Responsibility is responsibility, a job is a job.

Your age is listed as 13, so I'm going to assume that you don't have an official job yet. Here's some advice:

Miss the third day of ANY job by oversleeping, but you'd better have your résumé printed out, 'cause you'll be fired in a heartbeat.

Yeah, but it happens every once in a while.

I get the feeling that Fred Davis is going to be one of those problem players for the team. Bad for the locker room.

Rumor has it that he was roomed with another rookie player for the mini camp, but complained to the coaches that the other player talked too much and he wanted to get to sleep. He was just using that as an excuse to get a presidentual suite at the embassy hotel and then he went clubbing in DC until something like 3 in the morning.

That's the reason he overslept.

Well that was the rumor that was said on the Junkies Radio Show.

Fred will be a beast for us. Teams can no longer focus soley on cooley in the passing game. So many times last year Cooley would have a big first half then teams would key on him and he would be silent and our O would shut down (think green bay game, right under of over a hundred yards in the half i think). Fred will not only relieve pressure on cooley, but on the entire offense. He is a very versitale pass catcher and will be an elite TE in 2 years.

The more I think about it, the more I'm actually glad we drafted Fred Davis. It always used to scare me whenever Cooley would get hurt in a game because of our TE depth being so thin. It will definitely help us in the red zone, and it'll just be one more weapon for Jason to throw to, which is good enough for me!

You and every other fan on here is bashing him for missing one practice needs to chill out. Yes it is a big deal but he received his punishment from the coach and accepted responsibility. He DOESNT need to be cut or anything ridiculous like that. I would go on to say from experience that being late or absent from work ONE time wouldnt get you fired. After one time then we can start talking about what we should do with him.

You and every other fan on here is bashing him for missing one practice needs to chill out. Yes it is a big deal but he received his punishment from the coach and accepted responsibility. He DOESNT need to be cut or anything ridiculous like that. I would go on to say from experience that being late or absent from work ONE time wouldnt get you fired. After one time then we can start talking about what we should do with him.
Yeah, but it happens every once in a while.

I'm saying, that in the real world, if you oversleep and miss your third day of work, at almost ANY job, then you are fired.

The guy didn't even sign his contract and he already made that kind of mistake? He's been playing football for how long? Come on. That was an error that could've cost him a million or two. I'm not saying to cut the guy, as I think that that may have been how I came across, but when you join the team, you have a clean slate. His *ONLY* has that stain on it now, you see? If he cleans up, then I'm all for him. As of right now, though, he's just that hyped tight end who missed his third day of work.

I get the feeling that Fred Davis is going to be one of those problem players for the team. Bad for the locker room.

Rumor has it that he was roomed with another rookie player for the mini camp, but complained to the coaches that the other player talked too much and he wanted to get to sleep. He was just using that as an excuse to get a presidentual suite at the embassy hotel and then he went clubbing in DC until something like 3 in the morning.

That's the reason he overslept.

Well that was the rumor that was said on the Junkies Radio Show.

As much a fan of the Junkies as I am - it's still a rumor. And frankly, they sometimes have great info - and the other half the time it's complete b.s.

I really think this guy is going to be an absolute stud for us. He was dominant his senior year at USC. Him and Cooley should be an excellent 2 tight end set. Expectations and compare him to Cooley. More potential, less, or the same. Personally I think the sky is the limit for him even if he did oversleep one time. Thoughts on Fred Davis?

We will field a team this season that will put big time points on the board and Fred Davis will be a big part of this offense. For the first time in 15 year I feel good about our chance to win the NFC East.

I'm saying, that in the real world, if you oversleep and miss your third day of work, at almost ANY job, then you are fired.

The guy didn't even sign his contract and he already made that kind of mistake? He's been playing football for how long? Come on. That was an error that could've cost him a million or two. I'm not saying to cut the guy, as I think that that may have been how I came across, but when you join the team, you have a clean slate. His *ONLY* has that stain on it now, you see? If he cleans up, then I'm all for him. As of right now, though, he's just that hyped tight end who missed his third day of work.

Yeah, he did clean it up already. He was brave enough to go ahead and face Coach Zorn anyway and he learned his lesson, and yes I know that's called "Taking responsibility for your actions". No need to point out I'm wrong by indicating my age.

My thoughts are Fred Davis are that he has a lot of potential, and I think that he is going to be very, very good if he can improve on his run blocking.

However, as far as your writing goes, I think that it's terrible.

Archived