Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does Campbells arm strength rank among NFL starters

wpenn1

There's probably a lot of cats that have similar or even stronger arms than Campbell.

Campbell's previous (though not demonstrated as frequently in games) 'flashes' have been more about putting the right loft on the deep passes and getting those passes downfield in the right spots.

just a side note folks i am fully aware that it takes strength and accuracy to be a good qb in this league. we have a long time till the season and i was just asking about arm strength.

I know where yall coming from though

I'm not going to say definitively who's arm is stronger, but I believe Jason is somewhere in the top third of starting QB's, But just barely the top third, say around 10 or so.. It's really hard to judge these things outside of a skills comp. As far as I'm concerned and all that really matters is that he has enough arm strength to make ALL the throws :cheers:

Campbell has a very strong arm, but one of the things I didn't like last year - and he can't blame it on anyone else - is that his accuracy on the deep passes declined compared to 2006. There were a lot of overthrows last year.

i think people completely over rate the good qb's arm strength....for instance, while peyton has good accuracy and is an amazing passer, Jason is easily the harder thrower

Of the starters in the NFL ide rate him in the top 3

Campbell has a very strong arm, but one of the things I didn't like last year - and he can't blame it on anyone else - is that his accuracy on the deep passes declined compared to 2006. There were a lot of overthrows last year.

Exactly! What happened to all of those deep outs that he used to throw so well in his rookie year..... i hope his confidence didnt get rattled. Well see

It's up there. Russell, Favre, Leftwich, Flacco, Losman, Palmer, Rothlisberger, and Vick (pre-prison) are all probably stronger, but his is pretty damn strong.

All the Brady mentions are funny, given that a major knock on him coming into the NFL was his arm strength, IIRC, hence his drop to the 6th round.

Remember that 80 yard Hail Mary he had in the Dolphins game that was batted down in the endzone to ARE?

I'm thinking it was more like 60 at most. But that was a good demonstration of his arm strength. I wouldn't expect any other QB's to really be able to throw any farther than JC. I think he's near that maximum level.

The catch itself went into the books as a 54 yarder. But the throw made it to about the end zone where Jason Taylor tipped it.

This would be the offense setting up at the line of scrimmage before that play, to give us an idea of where JC may have had to throw from.

th_CampbellHailMarytoRandelEl.jpg

thanks to Killer Rob for the pic

Archived