Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does Campbells arm strength rank among NFL starters

wpenn1

Actually, Tom Brady has suspect arm strength. However, he makes up for this with his tremendous accuracy. You will never hear anyone refer to him as having a "cannon".
Brady definitely ranks up there.

I don't care what the scouting reports said coming out of college, the guy had some monster bombs last season to Randy Moss, and his hail mary passes in the Super Bowl were really freaking deep as well. Maybe he can't air it out that far really consistently, but he can still do it when he has to.

Brady is overrated as far as 'Rocket Arms' go. He has great accuracy from 40-60 but over that he struggles...remember this year's SB?

Randall Cunningham had the strongest arm back in the day and Jamarcus Russell probably has the strongest in the NFL today, but I'd say Campbell's is definitely in the top 3.

But actual Arm strength has little to do with QB success without the accuracy....as the guy who mentioned "taming the beast".

Jay Cutler or Big Ben have the strongest arm in the league right now. Campbell is nowhere near those guys. I put Campbell about 14th in the league.
14th seems like a pretty arbitrary number for this. He may not be Cutler or Manning, but 14th?

Archived