Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we go after Haynesworth?

oraphus

I didn't see this posted, but if it has feel free to delete or merge.

After reading this article

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080430/SPORTS01/804300418/1027

"Contract negotiations between the Titans and Albert Haynesworth remain at a standstill, but that doesn't mean the All-Pro defensive tackle is just sitting around this offseason, his agent said Tuesday."

i am thinking the Skins should make a play for Haynesworth.

We can offer up Randel El as part of a trade and may be next years 2nd rnd pick.

I like Randel el but feel that he hasn't really performed up to his contract.. weather it be because he wasnt utilized right or just couldn't perform.. doesn't matter. The 08 draft and Mathis make him expendable.

reasons:

We have cap space due to all the contract restructuring.

We fill a need for a great DT

TN needs WRs bad... El would be a good pick up for them..

ok.. let me have it.

I would love to have the old facestomper, seriously! Remember, that WAS a Cowboy under his cleat...

Turn in your Redskin fan card at the door on the way out. The fact that you endorse anyone harming another human in that fashion, cowboy or not, makes you a disgusting person. :doh:

Turn in your Redskin fan card at the door on the way out. The fact that you endorse anyone harming another human in that fashion, cowboy or not, makes you a disgusting person. :doh:

I pretty sure he was kidding i don't think he was applauding Hayneworth for doing that, just mentioning that it was a Cowboy.

I would not feel comfortable as a new head coach, trading one of my two starting veteran receivers and depending on rookies and practice squad players to be my new starters. THE OFFENSE HAS BEEN WEAK THE LAST FEW YEARS AND THE DEFENSE STRONG.

I know people want a d-lineman, but I think it would be foolish to start the season with one veteran wide receiver coming off a bad year (lots of drops).

The guys is a great DT, he is young and aggressive. if we could get him for even a 1st round pick next year - It would make the D line exponentially better at pressuring the QB + fill a huge need for us for years to come.

Again.. i don't have a problem with El.. but do feel he is expendable for the right trade.

C'mon Oldskool, sure the act lacked anything resembling class but it was done in the heat of battle and he stepped on a helmet with a big facemask. Those things are meant to withstand a LOT, even Haynesworth's foot. I don't remember any harm being done.

It's the same as spitting. You can be suspended for it but it's hurting NOTHING other than the other guy's pride.

The guys is a great DT, he is young and aggressive. if we could get him for even a 1st round pick next year - It would make the D line exponentially better at pressuring the QB + fill a huge need for us for years to come.
I'd love that, definitely worth a round 1 pick, especially cause it will be the thirtysecond. :)

C'mon Oldskool, sure the act lacked anything resembling class but it was done in the heat of battle and he stepped on a helmet with a big facemask. Those things are meant to withstand a LOT, even Haynesworth's foot. I don't remember any harm being done.

Wrong.

You can clearly see this guy first kick Gurode's helmet off, then deliberately stomp him in the face with his cleat. I don't care if you're in the heat of battle or not, that's not something that should be applauded or excused in any way. Be sure to note Gurode walking back to the sideline with a towel to his face and blood all over the place.

Still, if you could get him for a reasonable price it's hard to argue against getting a player of this caliber in a position where an upgrade will be necessary in the next year or two. Of course, since there's no way in hell the price would be reasonable, it's almost not even worth talking about.

It's the same as spitting. You can be suspended for it but it's hurting NOTHING other than the other guy's pride.

Sorry Jimbo, a rare occasion but I'll have to disagree with you on this one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CwxMRPTsYeo

Start at 1:38 seconds.

Garrode's mask was OFF his body and Haynesworth came back and raked his cleats on his face.

This is along the lines of chop blocking a players knee. Not close to spitting.

Wrong.

You can clearly see this guy first kick Gurode's helmet off, then deliberately stomp him in the face with his cleat. I don't care if you're in the heat of battle or not, that's not something that should be applauded or excused in any way. Be sure to note Gurode walking back to the sideline with a towel to his face and blood all over the place.

Still, if you could get him for a reasonable price it's hard to argue against getting a player of this caliber in a position where an upgrade will be necessary in the next year or two. Of course, since there's no way in hell the price would be reasonable, it's almost not even worth talking about.

You're right, I went back and reviewed the play. Stepping on a helmet is not big deal. Stepping on a guy's face after losing his helmet is.

In any event, I don't want him because of the cost, not because of his "foot fault".

I would not feel comfortable as a new head coach, trading one of my two starting veteran receivers and depending on rookies and practice squad players to be my new starters. THE OFFENSE HAS BEEN WEAK THE LAST FEW YEARS AND THE DEFENSE STRONG.

I know people want a d-lineman, but I think it would be foolish to start the season with one veteran wide receiver coming off a bad year (lots of drops).

No Kidding! Randle El was our most productive and reliable receiver last year, so lets trade him. People shouldn't assume that these rookie wideouts will ever amount to anything. I hope Thomas and Kelly are superstars, but history says it ain't gonna happen. Wide Receiver's have the toughest time going from the college level to the pro. Moss and Randle EL are a must on this team right now. Maybe if Thomas or Kelly shows us something this year maybe then Moss or Randle El could be trade bait, but not until Thomas or Kelly proves they can play at this level.

Turh in your fan card? What does that mean.... besides it was a nasty thing he did but the guy is ok and nothing at all wrong with trying to find humor in the siuation.. lighten up just a touch

Archived