Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

God Bless Pat Tillman

goldenster95

Originally posted by Mad Mike

Yeah, and as I said, I bet you wouldn't have the guts to say that to him.

And I still think you are an @ss for not respecting him. Right back at ya fool. :finger: :moon: :stick: :hammer: :dunce:

Note to mods. We need more smilies. :D

I don't care what you think, son. That's my point. I don't have respect for him so live with it fool.

rellim,

You do realize that making physical threats to another person, even on an internet message board, is a crime punishable by law. I am in law enforcement and although I have never pursued something like this before, I do have colleagues that could point me in the right direction.

In other words, turn it down a notch and play nice.

Originally posted by Rabblerouser

Rellim,

So why is he a fool? Because he gave up some money to do something he believes. People do that quite often. Is money the only thing you value? The people who serve in the military don't get to pick and choose their fights.

No, it's not because of the money. If fact, I feel as though it's not as big a sacrifice as an ordinary joe joining the military for his own beliefs. Pat Tillman has been in the NFL for 4-5 years. He (if he's managed his money well) should be considered very, very wealthy.

That's the thing with the military, you are basically a robot, a pawn on a chessboard, no matter what you think or feel. So what happens if and when he murders an innocent person? Is it okay, because he's doing it for his country?

Originally posted by Funkyalligator

To me Pat Tillman is a true man and I fully support him. I don't agree with the war due to economic reasons but I support our troops with all my heart and if it comes down to it I will join the marines.

I mean, the country is at war, if you really want to join the marines, why don't you join?

Why does it have to "come down to it"?

Originally posted by rellim

Wow. How deep, meaningful and insightful your comments are. Since you know me so well, you can tell me what i'm "lacking".

Hahahaha. The troll got trolled. Dumbass.

You never even responded to my argument. I think you are like many others, spouting shallow arguments followed by ad hominem attacks.

Enjoy the war sparky!

That's the thing with the military, you are basically a robot, a pawn on a chessboard, no matter what you think or feel.

.....so tuck yourself and your family in bed at night and sleep safely.

Sleep tight........our robots are fighting for you.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nelms

rellim,

You do realize that making physical threats to another person, even on an internet message board, is a crime punishable by law. I am in law enforcement and although I have never pursued something like this before, I do have colleagues that could point me in the right direction.

In other words, turn it down a notch and play nice.

Nelms,

Thanks for the information...but

I have several family members in law enforcement. I would love to see anyone, including you , attempt to take any legal action against me. Are you threatening to pursue legal action against me?

Your warning is a little one-sided though nelms. I wasn't the one talking about someone being killed for their opinions or needing disability insurance after a fight that will happen.

So, have your coworkers or friends point you in the right direction. It doesn't matter to me man.

Originally posted by bobzmuda

Hahahaha. The troll got trolled. Dumbass.

You never even responded to my argument. I think you are like many others, spouting shallow arguments followed by ad hominem attacks.

Enjoy the war sparky!

At present time there are several arguments pointed in my direction, so I can't respond to every comment you make, but a comment like "you are sad, you are lacking something" is completely asinine. And to think you've triumphed from your benign, ignorant remarks about whatever you think i'm lacking is even more worthless than your original post.

Originally posted by ljer

.....so tuck yourself and your family in bed at night and sleep safely.

Sleep tight........our robots are fighting for you.:rolleyes:

Ok Ijer, what are they protecting me from this time? I remember a long time ago they were protecting me against the peasant soldiers, and women and children of Vietnam. This time I guess they are protecting me from Saddam. Before the U.S. soldiers entered Iraq, I was completely sure that he was gonna use Nuclear weapons against me or even the U.S.

In that case, I can also think the NYPD for shooting Dialo before he got a chance to shoot me.

I can appreciate military protection to the fullest if there is a clear threat or a unquestionable reason to go to war.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

Mods. Please close this thread. or better yet, ban rellim from it if posible. It was a wonderful thing until rellim got into it. But he seems determined to ruin the good wishes of those who started it.

What a j@ck ***! I'm receiving a lot of backlash for an unpopular opinion, so now you're crying to the mods, asking me to be banned????? :cry:

Consigliere: I found your first post very insightful...thank you.

Relim: You've made your point. As a draftee forced to participate in an insane controversial war over 30 years ago, I truly understand your perspective. But as an American who witnessed the brutality of tyrants and despots upon their enslaved citizens, I do not agree with you. I hate the military, but I appreciate their sacrifice in maintaining my freedoms.

You don't have to agree with the US' actions. That's why we have elections so that our voices can be heard. I for one am not happy about the current events. I truly believe diplomacy was the best approach. However, those troops who carry out the Government's decisions, whether they personally agree or not, deserve respect. They believe they are doing their duty...and for that they deserve our thanks and not ridicule.

Everyone else: This topic has escalated beyond a healthy debate. The logic path has become circular...and it's a pretty damn vicious circle at that. I love this message board and would hate to see it evolve into an ugly insult arena. I think it's time to drop our rocks and go home.

"What do you mean by fully control the Oil in Iraq? Are you saying that the US is colonializing Iraq for the Oil? And that the US would claim that oil and sell it as US oil, flying in the face of OPEC and incurring the wrath of all of OPEC and the middle east?

All of the "it's all about oil" arguments leave off there. I have never really heard this idea fleshed out to some sort of logical end, so if you could it explain it to me that would be great.

edit: Also, wouldn't it be cheaper to take a few republicans to lunch to persuade them allow Alaska oil drilling than to spend a few billion dollars and to have either the elimination or reduction in combact effectiveness of valuable military assets?"-Bob Zmuda

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting, as I suppose Bob is, for a response to this, and my own counterargument on the "War for Oil" b.s.

Thanks for the positive post Scott.

Only if there were some kind of voting process in which the entire U.S. public could be a part of, that would decide whether or not the military went to war. Especially since our current President was elected under such controversy. The election was so close you have much of the public who disagree with him and really don't want to go along with the war that our current leaders have started, and have no way other than protests to take action against it.

Thanks again...

Ok Ijer, what are they protecting me from this time? I remember a long time ago they were protecting me against the peasant soldiers, and women and children of Vietnam. This time I guess they are protecting me from Saddam. Before the U.S. soldiers entered Iraq, I was completely sure that he was gonna use Nuclear weapons against me or even the U.S.

In that case, I can also think the NYPD for shooting Dialo before he got a chance to shoot me.

I can appreciate military protection to the fullest if there is a clear threat or a unquestionable reason to go to war.

Franky I'm shocked that someone so stupid can even muster the brain cells to breath. The military protects you by its very existance moron.

BTW You cant even put a an argument together without contradicting yourself can you?

How can this be true...

When he joined after 9/11 it was more acceptable/understandable to me.

Now he's throwing his life to the wind, for an extremely, extremely questionable cause.

If this is true...?

That's the thing with the military, you are basically a robot, a pawn on a chessboard, no matter what you think or feel.

Moron.

(Well I guess that makes 3. seems my list *is* growing. :laugh:)

This thread was started by and for people to express their appreciation to Tillman. But you, you POS, cant stand that. Fine. You expressed your oppinion. We are expressing ours. So like it or not, keep on running your mouth and I'll just keep posting and calling you a moron.

Well, I was busy and missed this whole thread.

First thing is first. While it is certainly the right of any nitwit with limited brainpower to spout the anti-war rhetoric Rellim has here, what is not the right of any person is to take out those pathetic views on members of our volunteer armed services. Whether you are one who supports or opposes war, expressing such comments as Rellim has here is beyond what is generally accepted here.

That said, Kilmer and others who responded as forcefully as you did should probably examine your own actions in this case, because much of this thread has continued based upon very strongly worded immediate personal attacks.

Here is how this thread is going to be resolved.

My name is Art Mills. My address is 1127 S. Trappers Crossing, Lino Lakes, MN 55038. My e-mail address is art@extremeskins.com. Rellim, you are going to post next your address and how to contact you via e-mail, because you and I will have the conversation you've offered Kilmer. And since I'm the admin, I promise no charges will be pressed against you should you win, and none will be pressed against me should you lose.

You will say NOTHING other than your personal address and your contact e-mail so I may coordinate a visit with you when I'm in D.C. next or when you're here next. Absent that information, you are done on this board. If you are going to walk it, you're going to walk it. Don't threaten physical violence and then go a dozen posts by not offering up who you are. That's the game you want to play, I'm going to ask you to finish it up and finish it up now.

Anything other than your name, home address and contact information in the next post gets you banned for being the mewling punk I presume you to be. That information gets you a pass here though while you are a really stupid human being, at least you have guts and while stupidity bothers me, guts makes me smile, so, that'd work in your favor. After you post your info, this thread is closed. And after this thread is closed, we're done with this sh!t. And, anyone who wants to take you up on your offer can. Or you can return the favor and come see me.

Art.

At present time there are several arguments pointed in my direction, so I can't respond to every comment you make, but a comment like "you are sad, you are lacking something" is completely asinine. And to think you've triumphed from your benign, ignorant remarks about whatever you think i'm lacking is even more worthless than your original post.

Here, after you respond to Art, I'll give you another chance. Just answer the question, defend your position. That you don't understand the concept of both trolling and being trolled is irrelevant now. Just answer the question.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is an investement. If the U.S. is able to fully control the Oil in Iraq, the profit would be immense. It would galactically dwarf the amount of $ the U.S. is spending on the war.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean by fully control the Oil in Iraq? Are you saying that the US is colonializing Iraq for the Oil? And that the US would claim that oil and sell it as US oil, flying in the face of OPEC and incurring the wrath of all of OPEC and the middle east?

All of the "it's all about oil" arguments leave off there. I have never really heard this idea fleshed out to some sort of logical end, so if you could it explain it to me that would be great.

edit: Also, wouldn't it be cheaper to take a few republicans to lunch to persuade them allow Alaska oil drilling than to spend a few billion dollars and to have either the elimination or reduction in combact effectiveness of valuable military assets?

Originally posted by luckydevi

Art he is not worth it. The man is scum plain and simple.

LD,

It has little to do with Rellim's worth in this matter. I have very angry conversations at times with any number of members of this board. I appear to have even run some off. But, never have I been so childish as to resort to a threat of physical violence, and I'm just the personality type and size to enjoy a little physical bump and grind. :) No matter the provocation, it's just seemed beyond the scope of reason and honesty to express a desire to fight but then not provide any personal tidbits to facilitate that wish.

My guess is Rellim will do one of two things here. He'll retreat and say he just overreacted to very improper personal attacks directed at him. That will suffice. Or, he'll come out swinging here at me, saying how wrong I am not to threaten Kilmer or someone else, while ignoring I did tell Kilmer I didn't approve of his actions.

My guess is that even if Rellim provides his information, little will come of it. He and I will meet when I take my trip down in Sept. But, other than buying me dinner and explaining how he can be so wrong on Stephen Davis and this war, little will happen, because, bluster is very similar to what he's resorted to here. It just disturbs me to see him threatening others without giving up who he is.

So, as a hint to him, he has an escape. He can simply say sorry for overreacting and be done with it. Or, he can be all the man he is projecting. And, really, it is more than worth it to find that out.

Archived