Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Project the Picks for 2008

method man

Devin Thomas - #2 receiver (raw but hardworker who will get those routes right...40 catches 600 yards 4 TDs)

Fred Davis - #2 TE (20 catches 250 yards 2 TDs)

Malcolm Kelly - #4 WR (25 catches 300 yards 5 TDs)

Chad Rinehart - Backup OG (I have no doubt Thomas or Kendall will go down but Fabini will be first in line to takeover...no PT for Rinehart)

Justin Tryon - #4 CB & KR (Will come in on dime and do a good job on the speedsters in the slot...will be the other KR opposite Rock because it's okay if he gets hurt, but it's not okay if Thomas gets hurt)

Durant Brooks - Makes roster as P (easily beats Frost out)

Kareem Moore - Makes roster as Doughty's backup (very cerebral player who will impress in TC)

Colt Brennan - #3 QB (beats out Hollenbach...WC perfect for him...no PT)

Rob Jackson - Practice Squad (Gets activated at end of season due to injuries)

Chris Horton - Practice Squad (Gets activated at end of season due to injuries)

I definitely see Thomas leading us in receptions SOON, but not this season.

Kelly will become McCants+++ with more receptions and yards.

Davis will get about 400 yards and 5-6 TDs.

Brooks will be one of the top punters in the league and will easily beat out Frost.

Not sure about the others, but Horton will make many sick hits on special teams.

I see the top 3 combining for 1,200 yards and 15 TDs one of them is going to blow up big time Chris Cooley had 6 TDs as a rookie and if kelly and Davis have as good of hads as advertised than there will be plenty of TDs. One of them is going to have a great year we have 3 first round grade pass catchers so believe they will have a big year.

I don't think Kelly will have an impact this year. Too worried about his durability. Thomas should be the WR that we have all been hoping for. Davis will make a nice option in the Red Zone like Sellars and Yoder had been. Hope Zorn can get him more TD's than that.

Brennan will make the PS and either get pulled up due to injuries or be the #3 next year.

I really can't say anything about the other picks. Not optimistic, but don't know enough about them to pass judgement.

Best WR prospect to come out of the draft... probably ever.

Playing his rookie season for Mike Martz.

48 Catches, 756 Yards, and 4 TD's

http://www.nfl.com/players/calvinjohnson/profile?id=JOH088640

Dwayne Bowe

http://www.nfl.com/players/dwaynebowe/careerstats?id=BOW091822

70 rec. 995 yards 5 TD's as a rookie

Marques Colston

http://www.nfl.com/players/marquescolston/careerstats?id=COL777594

70 rec 1038 yards 8 TD's as a rookie

best prospect doesn't mean **** if you don't produce. Thomas and/or Kelly couldboth have huge seasons like those 2 did as rooks if we develop them well over the offseason.

best prospect doesn't mean **** if you don't produce. Thomas and/or Kelly couldboth have huge seasons like those 2 did as rooks if we develop them well over the offseason.

so which is the trend, and which is the exception?

These numbers people are throwing around are ridiculous. And your examples are absurd. Might as well post Tom Brady's stats in support of what a 6th rounder will do :jerk:

Some of the stats on here for the WRs/TE are a little inflated. Gotta temper your expectations for these rookies, when we already have some pretty good established vets on the team.

I really don't think so. Remember that Randle El is the slot. I bet Thomas does beat out Kelly for the #2 spot. I am projecting these stats because I doubt Santana goes over a 1000 yards this season, one reason being the WCO spreads the ball, the second reason being that he is injury prone, and the third reason being that he is showing that his 2005 season was a fluke. Cooley's stats will go down a bit, because of Davis's presence as well.

My projections are not ridiculous. It is not as if I am projecting 1000 yard seasons for them.

Davis- 17 catches, 153 yards, 3 TDs

Thomas- 27 catches, 310 yards, 2 TDs

Kelly- 38 catches, 435 yards, 5 TDs

I think Kelly benefits from being a redzone option and outperforms Thomas, not unlike Golston did Monty a few years ago.

These numbers people are throwing around are ridiculous. And your examples are absurd. Might as well post Tom Brady's stats in support of what a 6th rounder will do :jerk:

Again, I don't think my projections are ridiculous. I think with the WCO and the new additions we will be able to sustain drives longer and pick up more yards and offense in the process. For example for Kelly, I am projecting our #4 WR from last season Keenan McCardell's stats.

Your prediction of 600 yards total for these top 3 picks is the one that is ridiculous.

Devin Thomas - #2 receiver (raw but hardworker who will get those routes right...40 catches 600 yards 4 TDs)

Fred Davis - #2 TE (20 catches 250 yards 2 TDs)

Malcolm Kelly - #4 WR (25 catches 300 yards 5 TDs)

Chad Rinehart - Backup OG (I have no doubt Thomas or Kendall will go down but Fabini will be first in line to takeover...no PT for Rinehart)

Justin Tryon - #4 CB & KR (Will come in on dime and do a good job on the speedsters in the slot...will be the other KR opposite Rock because it's okay if he gets hurt, but it's not okay if Thomas gets hurt)

Durant Brooks - Makes roster as P (easily beats Frost out)

Kareem Moore - Makes roster as Doughty's backup (very cerebral player who will impress in TC)

Colt Brennan - #3 QB (beats out Hollenbach...WC perfect for him...no PT)

Rob Jackson - Practice Squad (Gets activated at end of season due to injuries)

Chris Horton - Practice Squad (Gets activated at end of season due to injuries)

Your list looks good except for the WR's and the TE's. There are no #1,#2 etc WR's. Rookies will get alot of play as will Davis in Zorn's multiple set offense.

That wouldn't make sense b/c I posted ROOKIE #'s. Brady didn't start as a rookie. all I said was that either of out guys could strike gold and end up having a monster season, or either could end up having an average rookie season. I just posted examples of a few wr rooks who had huge rookie campaigns who weren't exactly "fine tuned" prospects.

Zoony, keep in mind who on was throwing the ball to Calvin Johnson. Jon Kitna behind that swiss cheese of an oline that made our defensive line look like the best in the league.

Alot of it depends on luck with injuries and the production the QB puts out. If Campbell can improve on the production he had this year, don't be surprised to see all three of these rookies produce in some way.

Archived