Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CB Lito Sheperd visit's Tampa

Skins4ever1

It looks like the giggles will receive atleast a 2nd round pick and possibly a player. I bet they get WR Mike Clayton in the deal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8069686/Two-time-Pro-Bowl-CB-Sheppard-visits-with-Bucs?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

The long-rumored Lito Sheppard trade appears to be getting closer.

FOXSports.com has learned that Sheppard was in Tampa on Wednesday to visit with the Buccaneers, who have emerged as the frontrunner for the two-time Pro Bowler, and is likely to be traded by Saturday.

It appears it will take a second-round pick plus and additional pick or player to get the deal done.

Two or three other teams are interested in the cornerback, who has played with the Eagles since entering the league in 2002. Sheppard is the only player in NFL history with two interception returns of more than 100 yards, turning the trick in 2004 and 2006, both against the Cowboys. He has 15 career interceptions and three touchdowns.

It looks like the giggles will receive atleast a 2nd round pick and possibly a player. I bet they get WR Mike Clayton in the deal.
Are you thinking a 2nd and Clayton?
Sheppard is the only player in NFL history with two interception returns of more than 100 yards, turning the trick in 2004 and 2006, both against the Cowboys.
I knew there was something I liked about him.

If Lito could stay healthy the Birds would not be letting him go. That he can't stay healthy is the reason they are trading him.

The value of this trade will depend on Lito. If he stays healthy the Bucs win. If he continues to be broken the Birds win.

I am going with the Birds and a second round pick plus a player. Lito all-of-a-sudden won't become healthy.

If Lito could stay healthy the Birds would not be letting him go. That he can't stay healthy is the reason they are trading him.

The value of this trade will depend on Lito. If he stays healthy the Bucs win. If he continues to be broken the Birds win.

I am going with the Birds and a second round pick plus a player. Lito all-of-a-sudden won't become healthy.

Haven't kept up with alot of NFL news-but it's also likely he's missing offseason conditioning workouts with the team.

Especially if this is the case, you CAN bank on him NOT being healthy in '08.:2cents:

LITO TO BUCS?

Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2008, 7:34 a.m.

The long-awaited trade of Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard apparently is in the works.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reported on Thursday that Sheppard visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Wednesday. The Eagles, per Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News, had no comment.

Sheppard can’t talk to the Bucs or any other team without permission from the Eagles. So, presumably, the visit was part of an effort by the Bucs to get to know Sheppard, and possibly to figure out what kind of contractual adjustment will need to be made to get him on the team.

It has been rumored for months that the Eagles were looking for a first-round pick for Sheppard, and that teams were willing only to give up a second-rounder. Glazer writes that the deal likely will entail a second-round pick and another pick or player.

We’ve gotten multiple e-mails from folks in the Philly chapter of PFT Planet who think that the player will be Bucs receiver Michael Clayton, (Their WR answer? ;) )a one-time first-round pick who has flamed out over the past few years.

The problem for the Eagles is that they didn’t try to trade Sheppard before signing Asante Samuel. Once Samuel was on board, it became obvious that the Eagles would move Sheppard, necessarily reducing their leverage in trade talks.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

What are the Eagles doing today, Eagle Fan? We count on you to bring us the latest Eagle news. Who are they looking at in the draft :laugh:? Your act is so pathetic. :laugh:

Can't see why teams would part with much to obtain Sheppard, as it's clear Philly just wants to be rid of him. Of course, if multiple teams are involved, the price will be driven up, but the fact that the Eagles want to move a "Pro Bowl" CB so eagerly should send up red flags.

Certainly having the best set of corners in football is worth more than an, at best, average receiver and an unknown draft pick.

Yup, I think that's how Philly's front office needs to look at it. Instead of just trying to deal Sheppard wait until the right deal comes to them. Lock down corners are hard to come by. I for one, cannot wait until Lito Sheppard leaves the NFC East.

It's the classic example of being between a Rock and a hard place.

Does Philly get less then what they should value for Shepp just to get a pick for this year? Or do they wait and take the risk of a disgruntled player and settle for more / less value.

Archived