Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What About Roy Williams???

Leon Phelps

Do you guys not understand that this team needs to get younger.

Enough with the quick-fixes, it hasn't worked for a decade, let's KEEP THE PICKS AND DRAFT PLEASE!!!

C'mon man, work with us here. Roy Williams is only 26.

I mean I think at this point in they're careers, if we were to get Chad we would have a productive wr for probably 5 yrs tops while Roy is about 3 yrs younger than Chad and bigger, would produce ideally for alonger period of time. I don't think under any circumstances you should give up two 1st rounders because there's no telling what can happen in a college season to boost a prospects status and we would be taking ourselves out of the race for said prospect before getting the proper opportunity to fully evaluate them.

Enough with the quick-fixes, it hasn't worked for a decade, let's KEEP THE PICKS AND DRAFT PLEASE!!!

Williams is only 26 years of age man, sheesh.

Although I wouldn't want us to give up a first for him, I would love for us to try and work out some type of trade for him.

It seems like some people are so reluctant to part with any picks, no matter who we might be trying to trade for. Just so they are able to have a few beers and eat their pizza and buffalo wings on both day one and day two of the draft.

I say that only because some of the negative comments about who we could possibly trade for go over the top sometimes.

I would love for us to draft and develop our own offensive stars for once. We've drafted and developed alot of defensive stars. Let's try and focus on offense in the draft, instead of paying big bucks for other team's superstars please! :)

Umm, how old is Roy Williams? And how long does it normally take to develop a rookie WR? And how many WR's have we drafted in the last ten years that did anything worthwhile?

Just wondering...

It seems like some people are so reluctant to part with any picks, no matter who we might be trying to trade for. Just so they are able to have a few beers and eat their pizza and buffalo wings on both day one and day two of the draft.

I think people feel like we have just been burned with draft picks (2 for Lloyd, a 3rd rounder for Duckett, adding a 2nd rounder for Portis, etc), and coupled with the fact that we have just a handful of players on the roster that we have drafted in teh last 3 years or so, they just want to see us draft and develop a few guys. People just want to see us change our philosophy I guess and try to build through the draft.

If you are in favor of drafting a WR in the first round, I do not see how you could not be in favor of trading that pick for Williams.

I have been saying it for two months now. Johnson and Williams will both be playing in the NFC East next season. One team between the Skins, Cowboys and Philly is going to be the odd man out. A lot of you may think that it would be good for the Skins to be left out, but I disagree when you are taking about players of this caliber joining your division. You can't just sit on the sidelines.

Umm, how old is Roy Williams? And how long does it normally take to develop a rookie WR? And how many WR's have we drafted in the last ten years that did anything worthwhile?

Just wondering...

Thank you :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

WR is one of the positions that its smart to trade for a proven commodity instead of participating in the crap shoot involved with drafting one. I mean our history of drafting the wr regardless of the regime in charge has given us 0 returns on our investment. Taylor Jacobs(out of league) Rod Gardner(last seen on KC Chiefs episode of Harknocks, getting cut no less) Mike Westbrook(can be found in a Dojo near you trying to acheive his brown belt in Brazilian Jujitsu) must we go on.

I think people feel like we have just been burned with draft picks (2 for Lloyd, a 3rd rounder for Duckett, adding a 2nd rounder for Portis, etc), and coupled with the fact that we have just a handful of players on the roster that we have drafted in teh last 3 years or so, they just want to see us draft and develop a few guys. People just want to see us change our philosophy I guess and try to build through the draft.
Oh, I totally understand that. And I'm one of those people BTW. :)

But, IMO you can't let those things blind/freeze you to potential good opportunities at adding proven talent.

Not a first and third. Sit tight until the draft and see what other teams offer US! I'd take Roy off their hands for our 3rd rounder (Can't trade the comp pick per NFL rules). But that would be it with maybe a conditional pick in 09.
Now that's what I'm talking about. :applause:

Archived