Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket upgrades!

MarkB452

My family asked for a downgrade this year, dropped four club seats. Although I actually look forward to getting away from the obnoxious drunk opposing fans and the dead couple they always put in the row in front of me. I say put because I've never seen these people move but that's another story.

Did they actually allow you to move upstairs after your premium seat contract expired?

I was once told by the TO that such movement was not permitted, one would have to waitlist to obtain GAs, regardless of former seat locations.

Allowing people to downgrade would certainly take some of the incentive away from renewing the premium seats if people know they can have a similar product for less.

Maybe the TO has turned over a new leaf like we thought the FO had (until today).

How many tickets do you have

I have four. They were 2 pairs in 452 one row apart, but about 8 seats away. Too far away from each other than to do more than wave during the game (especially since one pair was directly beneath one of the speakers).

I got the first pair in 1999 (thank you Norv Turner for the horrible 1998 season) and the other pair a few years ago (2006?) when I responded to an email about a single ticket that was available in my row. By the time I called, it was gone, but they offered me a pair (really strange) in another row in my section.

Based on what I have seen on the board, I have been submitting letters asking for the seats to be consolidated. I never imagined they would get consolidated AND moved to a better section. Needless to say, I am pumped. :wavetowel

Wow! A sideline seat upgrade to midfield at GA prices. That's the most significant upgrade I've seen on ES since SkinsNatsFan got relocated down to the LL at GA prices.

Maybe the TO does actually reward some customers for longevity and tenure.

How long has MarkB452 had his account?

Joined wait list Fall 1985, got a pair in 452 in 1999, got another single in 451 in 1999, dropped single in 2002(?) [way too hard to manage and the people sitting around me did not want to buy my extras], added another pair in 2006(?).

My dad used to have tickets in Griffith Stadium and RFK with his college buddies. He gave them up after one of one of McPeak's awful seasons in the 1960's, but got back on the wait list a few years later. He finally got them back in 1994, but that's a story for another day.

I'll take that advise.

Mark B...What row in 452 were you in? That's my section too.

You changing your name now?? :silly:

One pair was in row 26 (where I usually sat) and another in row 27 right where the seams to the stadium joined up. I sat there once and you get your own armrest on the seam side.

I don't think you can change your name, only your avatar. :D

One pair was in row 26 (where I usually sat) and another in row 27 right where the seams to the stadium joined up. I sat there once and you get your own armrest on the seam side.

I don't think you can change your name, only your avatar. :D

good deal..Good luck on your move to the "other side".. :)

I called last week as well to see if ticket upgrades were available yet and the guy told me that they were not issuing ticket upgrades until mid May. Now I am confused.

I don't see how they can offer upgrades when those us who chose not renew got new invoices giving us to May 1 to decide if we "really wanted" to give them up.

Someone out there will upgrade to row 2 in the lower bowl soon.

I don't see how they can offer upgrades when those us who chose not renew got new invoices giving us to May 1 to decide if we "really wanted" to give them up.

The renewal process works different if you have a special package like tailgate or touchdown club. They might send you an invoice to see if you want to renew to avoid losing that big WAD OF CASH you paid when you signed up lol. Are you a member of the tailgate or touchdown club?

Niiiicccceee! I will be a brand new ticket holder this year and a girl called me and asked if I wanted to upgrade to the club level. She said if I pass, I have to be in the upper level for 15 yrs before that is offered again. Oh well. Glad to see you were upgraded!

Maybe she meant you will get that offer 15 times in the next year.

Tailgate Club sucks!!! But I love my seats in the lower corner. I dont see me ever getting an upgrade closer to the 50. I just want my uppers w/o having to sit in the last row for the next 15yrs

Lower corners are a great view of the whole field. Alotta of people dont realize that............

Unfortunately, I got a call from the ticket office and I am brand new season ticket holder. They only wanted to know if I wanted either the tailgate pass or the club level. I was like yeah, until I become a millionaire, I don't think that is going to happen. Congrats on your upgrade.

Likely they are seats from someone who flat out told them that they are not renewing their tickets

Lower corners are a great view of the whole field. Alotta of people dont realize that............

I agree, if you're in one of the back rows and, even then, the view isn't so great when the play is on the other side of the field.

The view is great when the play is on your half of the field.

JMHO

Congrats dude, those are some nice seats. BTW, you can get club level season tix whenever you want if you're willing to pay. She was BSing you about that 15 yr. thing.

What a crock!

You mean to tell me that if you call the Redskins next year and say, "I'd like to pay you $8,000.00+ for 2 club level seats" that they're gonna balk at that idea!?!?!?

No!

They'll welcome you with open arms whenever you want to purchase premiums seating (i.e., club level, dream seats).

I was in the nosebleed section for 3 years when I decided to call and ask about upgrading to Club Level or Dream Seats. After talking with them, I decided on Dream Seats and got them immediately.

Duh.

They want your money.

Archived