Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 College Coach Flops in NFL (Airing Right Now on NFL Network)

Jino

The show is airing right now is and is quite entertaining. Will Spurrier ever make it on the list? Carrol, Saban and Dennis Erickson have been featured so far. I think Spurrier will make it. For those of you who have a chance check it out right now.

I think Frank Herzog was right. That was the time we needed a GM the most during the Snyder era. With a GM, we could have gotten players suitable for his system. We can see now in retrospect that Ramsey wasn't able enough to start for an NFL team. What if he had JC or Collins starting for him. Maybe he could've gotten somewhere with them.

damn the Petrino hating was so funny!!! I was laughing the whole time!! They really made him out to be very less of a man and showed his true colors. As far as Spurrier, they were definetly right about him. It wasnt his coaching that was bad, it was just him not being able to protect the qb and did not have the right players and a GM.

I wouldnt call Petrino a flop. Id call him a jackass for leaving but its not like he really failed... He would have had to stay one more year maybe for that. What a disaster that whole thing turned into - from Vick to him leaving.

Can someone please list the entire countdown? I assumed that Spurrier would contend with Petrino for #1. Not that I belive that he was an abhorrent person like Petrino, but Spurrier had probably the most fanfare and following coming into the NFL as anyone that I've seen. That, his salary and the media's propensity to rip on Dan Snyder, I thought for sure he'd be at the top of the heap.

Having said that, I'd still like to see who was the meat in the Spurrier/Petrino sandwich.

Can someone please list the entire countdown? I assumed that Spurrier would contend with Petrino for #1. Not that I belive that he was an abhorrent person like Petrino, but Spurrier had probably the most fanfare and following coming into the NFL as anyone that I've seen. That, his salary and the media's propensity to rip on Dan Snyder, I thought for sure he'd be at the top of the heap.

Having said that, I'd still like to see who was the meat in the Spurrier/Petrino sandwich.

I think Frank Herzog was right. That was the time we needed a GM the most during the Snyder era. With a GM, we could have gotten players suitable for his system. We can see now in retrospect that Ramsey wasn't able enough to start for an NFL team. What if he had JC or Collins starting for him. Maybe he could've gotten somewhere with them.

he had half of his florida team playing for the skins.

i just dont think his system works in the NFL.

I didn't see this, but Lou Holtz should be ahead of Spurrier too, since there was a lot of fan fare for him as well and he came in trying to run the option in the NFL and ended up quitting before finishing one season. Spurrier at least finished out two full years and won some games.

I disagree. Spurriers system didn't even have audible blocking schemes for the OL to adjust too. He also installed 0 hot routes into his offense.

I think Spurriers system no matter what type of personel you brought in with him wouldnt of worked. Unless he made some serious adjustments to his scheme he would of FAILED either way.

It all started basically with Spurrier showing the Redskins best player, Stephen Davis the bench. He had no willingness to adjust and realize, Davis was the best player especially when your top QB's are Danny Wurfel and Shane Matthews. Then he shows Davis the door for Trung Canidate and the rest is history, tell me there's a worse college coach than that guy

Archived