Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bye week a plus....and a downfall

kiingspadee

This years bye is before a HUGE game against Dallas. However looking at the complete schedule Dallas ALSO has that same bye week. So does this favor us more because it is a home game and because we have the monday night game before the bye week - or could in some way hurt us?

We have a tough run for four games after the bye. Its the toughest part of the schedule other than the beginning. At least we have the bye to rest and ready ourselves.

As far as to how it will effect us vs Dallas? I would say we would have an advantage, but they also get a bye the same week. Our offense should still be grouing and a little less predictable at least.

Damn...I didn't realize they have a bye the same week.

They have a slight advantage in preparation time (one more day can make a difference), plus they get to watch our Monday night game

Our advantage is it being in FedEx - which I would gladly take over their slight advantage.

Either way, I'm gonna ****ing be there!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!

There can be good things to both early and late bye weeks.

A late bye week allows he team to get extra rest before the home stretch of the season when the playoffs are on the line (if they are in contention :) ).

You don't get that with an early bye week. However, an early bye week can be good for a new head coach with a new system. If there are any stumbles early in the season, and early bye week allows them to regroup and adjust.

Now if there are any SERIOUS problems, they will have to slog it out untill week 10.

Having said that, I think I prefer the late bye week.

Damn...I didn't realize they have a bye the same week.

They have a slight advantage in preparation time (one more day can make a difference), plus they get to watch our Monday night game

Our advantage is it being in FedEx - which I would gladly take over their slight advantage.

Either way, I'm gonna ****ing be there!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!

Subtract their extra day of prep time, they gotta travel and we don't. I like it.

I think it favors us no matter what. We play the steelers at home on a monday night, then we have a bye week, then dallas comes to town. That's 3 weeks in a row that we dont have to travel. I think the team is gonna love that.

Exactly. The 3 weeks in a row without traveling is huge.

Archived