Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

which doll is the bad doll?`

chomerics

Finally, Facts! :doh:

what is wrong with him saying that?

Its how he feels and there are others out there who will agree with it but just dont have the guts to step out and say it. White people out there do believe that is a truth but because they dont want to get in trouble on this board wont say it.

If we want to get ALL the racism killed on BOTH sides then you have to be willing to hear it all as well as just what you like.

I know that is a terrible thing to read but thats his truth and we should listen to it instead of just blowing it off as ignorant and off the wall.

Guest sith lord
I was disgusted, but it wasn't by the answers of the kids. This discussion was again based on slavery. Why does the black community hang on to that so hard?? You don't see jews everytime something happens calling upon the antisemitic nazi-card??

I really think thier concern is misplaced. When they spoke about not enough black leaders to look up to, or black role models, who is to blame for that?? The same black leaders who the black community look up to, tell them that the black role models aren't really that!

The people who they are told to or given to look up to are Rappers, athletes who are in trouble with the law. The ones who they should be looking up to like Tiger, Rice, powell, and one of our great supreme court justices, those are IMO held in the same regard and as uncle tom!!

This was all just a circle jerk about slavery and how white america is holding the brother down. Ridiculous and ignorant.

What about the fact that black america doesn't strive to attain better. How about the the fact that black america doesn't stay with the family and father their kids, rather stick their pee pee in every availible who ha and than leave.

I'm sorry, but I think black america spends way too much time feeling sorry for themselves and blaming whitey rather than taking advatnage of ALL THE GREAT opportunities there are and making something of it!!

You think you have it all figured out don't you? It amazes me that people who aren't black can sit behind a computer and generalize an entire race. Like someone already posted, if it doesn't affect you, it doesn't exist.

You think you have it all figured out don't you? It amazes me that people who aren't black can sit behind a computer and generalize an entire race. Like someone already posted, if it doesn't affect you, it doesn't exist.

how about the fact that you seem to ONLY care what black people think yet you want EVERY race to listen?

:doh:

Guest sith lord
how about the fact that you seem to ONLY care what black people think yet you want EVERY race to listen?

:doh:

Because this thread is about black issues. You are more than welcome to start a thread that focuses on the oppression of whites.

Because this thread is about black issues. You are more than welcome to start a thread that focuses on the oppression of whites.

OOOOOOOOOH!!! This is a thread JUST for black people and their issues?

Well thats news to me. I thought this was a thread about communicating issues between races. My bad that I thought white people were welcome here.

I couldn't listen to the whole thing. I saw about 5 minutes of the panel part.

And I'm sorry, but you can't convince me the deck is stacked anymore.

Well, now there is a typical response from you, what are you debating for if you are not willing to look at the other side of the issue? We have had many many discussions on race, and once it isn't an issue, black people will make as much as white people. That is not the case now, and until it is, there will always be an issue.

I wonder if you were black if you would have such a dismissive outlook.

What is causing the self-image problem? Magazines? OK, great. There's a Jet, but there's no Snow. There's an Ebony but there's no Ivory. OF COURSE black kids are going to see more white people in magazines and on TV. There are more of us in the country. It just makes sense.

it isn't the fact of seeing more white people, it is in the negative self image society portrays a black man compared to a white man in today's society. Maybe after Obama is president it will help bring up a different connotation of a black man, but that day is not here yet, and these stigmas are still ingrained into society.

Is it education? There are race-specific scholarships for blacks at state schools, AND HBCUs.

And scholarships for only white people as well. Try to find me a single black person associations like the John Birch Society has helped educate. . .or heck, even put on the board.

Is it preference in hiring? Only minorities get that.

Not true, it is harder to find a job as a minority in commercial industries then it is a white man, statistics prove this. look at the educated unemployment rate for blacks vs whites as a good start.

What is it?

Look, sith, my heart aches for ANY kid of ANY color who doesn't believe they're the greatest damn thing in the world. EVERY child deserves to truly believe they can DO anything they want and BE anything they want.

And that's becoming not only increasingly true, but increasingly clear. We're on a very realistic verge of electing an African-American president. What else is there after that? How much higher can you go? What else is there to prove?

Here is the issue H², it IS an issue if you realize it or not. Race needs to be discussed, and brought to the forefront because there are biased stereotypes inherent in all of us that we get from society. The main issue shouldn't be whether it exists or not. . .it does. . .but instead how to eliminate it from society.

This is a home/community problem, pure and simple. The deck is no longer stacked. I understand that some historical injustices don't just go away over a couple of decades, but there absolutely is not a movement to hold African-Americans back anymore.

I'd be anxious to hear what Obama had to say about this. I imagine it would be like his Selma speech, i.e. Do for ourselves, and only when we've exhausted all of OUR options, THEN ask for help.

When I talk to my kids, I CONSTANTLY call them things like "beautiful," or "gorgeous," not because I think they're prettier than African-American kids, but because I want them to be strong and confident in their self-image. It's not hard to make a kid feel good about themselves, in the right environment, the right family structure, and with TWO parents that love them more than life itself.

And do you know if the image these children is part of a home problem or not? You are just conjecturing to try and promote your own opinion. Nothing wrong with that, but to say it is a product of a parenting style, without knowing definitively if it is the case or not, it is just an empty argument.

Is our history pretty as far as race goes? Hell no. But society can no longer be blamed for failures at home. It's time for personal accountability, and Barack Obama happens to agree with me.

I don't think you are a racist by any means, but take this test and tell me your score. (take the one on race)

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html

Then tell me how it is not an issue in today's society. If anything I am pro diversity, pro affirmative action, and all for equality. If anything I over sympathize with minorities, and I score an inherent preference towards white people still. Where does this come from? I have always had black friends, and I like to think I have no bias' in life, but it is not the truth as the test proves.

Guest sith lord
OOOOOOOOOH!!! This is a thread JUST for black people and their issues?

Well thats news to me. I thought this was a thread about communicating issues between races. My bad that I thought white people were welcome here.

It is. But what's the subject matter? Black issues. I'm sorry, but I think I have more experience in this matter than you. I see it with my own eyes, you get your info from TV or online. I already stated that "SOME", let me repeat because you seem to think it's all of us, "SOME" blacks can be their own worse enemy, but to sit there and say that the deck isn't stacked against blacks in general is ignorant beyond belief. Most educated whites will even tell you that. Even Bill O Reilly, a man I believe to have race issues, admitted that.

It is. But what's the subject matter? Black issues. I'm sorry, but I think I have more experience in this matter than you. I see it with my own eyes, you get your info from TV or online. I already stated that "SOME", let me repeat because you seem to think it's all of us, "SOME" blacks can be their own worse enemy, but to sit there and say that the deck isn't stacked against blacks in general is ignorant beyond belief. Most edjucated whites will even tell you that. Even Bill O Reilly, a man I believe to have race issues, admitted that.

Oh how pompous of you to think you are the ONLY race that can deal with this. I get my info from TV? Dude you have no idea where I get my info from or how I have lived my life. I grew up half of my life on an Indian Reservation as one of the only white kids and in Chillum for the rest of it as the only white kid. I have been called all the names you have been and I have been not invited, pulled aside, not allowed to go because of my skin color.

This is one of my major issues with black people. You arent the only people to have dealt with racism or racial issues. White people/latin people/asian people have all dealt with it as well. Just because this study decided to ONLY show 3 black kids doesnt mean that is all it was about.

The deck is as stacked against a black man as it is against a white man. Money is what equals influence now, not skin color. I have no advantages being white that you have disadvantages being black. And if you think that I will ever take something that idiot Bill O'Reilly says as quote worthy then we have another issue to work out. That man is a piece of **** and needs to be taken off the air along with that fat loudmouth Nancy Grace.

Guest sith lord
Oh how pompous of you to think you are the ONLY race that can deal with this. I get my info from TV? Dude you have no idea where I get my info from or how I have lived my life. I grew up half of my life on an Indian Reservation as one of the only white kids and in Chillum for the rest of it as the only white kid. I have been called all the names you have been and I have been not invited, pulled aside, not allowed to go because of my skin color.

This is one of my major issues with black people. You arent the only people to have dealt with racism or racial issues. White people/latin people/asian people have all dealt with it as well. Just because this study decided to ONLY show 3 black kids doesnt mean that is all it was about.

The deck is as stacked against a black man as it is against a white man. Money is what equals influence now, not skin color. I have no advantages being white that you have disadvantages being black. And if you think that I will ever take something that idiot Bill O'Reilly says as quote worthy then we have another issue to work out. That man is a piece of **** and needs to be taken off the air along with that fat loudmouth Nancy Grace.

And you're acting as if you, a white male I pressume, is some how oppressed. UNREAL. Also, I don't believe most white people will agree with what you said.

And you're acting as if you, a white male I pressume, act as if you're some how oppressed. UNREAL. Also, I don't believe most white people will agree with what you said.

I dont need anyone to validate what I have said or been thru bro. I am confident in who I am and what I have done in my life to know that your opinion is only at face value.

And as long as you think you are so special that nobody who isnt your skin color can relate then you are going to continue to limit yourself in what you can accomplish and learn.

As was pointed out on the first page, we see three kids out of 100. We see quick cuts, we see pointing with no question.

We all accept that there is propaganda in America over other major issues, Michael Moore is a propagandist, Fox New is a propaganda machine. I'm skeptical of this film. It's too pieced together. The question could be "which doll has brown skin" and they film the kid point to the black doll, and then dub in a question that says "which doll is ugly".

It's not as if it is beyond the realm of possibility, and considering the rest of the BS that surrounds race relations it wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

If the interviewer was on camera, and I could see him asking the questions, followed by the response without a dramatic camera cutaway, it would go a long way to helping me over the skepticism.

Agreed, I haven't seen the entire study, but the final statistics show an 80% preference for the white baby.

Guest sith lord
I dont need anyone to validate what I have said or been thru bro. I am confident in who I am and what I have done in my life to know that your opinion is only at face value.

And as long as you think you are so special that nobody who isnt your skin color can relate then you are going to continue to limit yourself in what you can accomplish and learn.

Honestly, you can't relate. Listen, I don't have a 6 figure job, but I do have a good job with benefits and my own home so I'm not one of the people you are talking about. I just have a problem when people, as yourself, act as if racism in America is dead and is a figment of our imagination.

Well, according to black people, if you're white, than you're the problem and should keep your mouth shut. There should be no dialog except from the black community becuase whites just don't know!!!

If blacks say it's so, than by goley it's so!!

I'm sorry, bweing white I just didn't understand, I'll send my reparation check in the mail as soon as I can. I'll be sure to pay for my forefathers sins over and over again till I'm dead, and I will never speak of my opinion since I wasn't aware that since I;m not black I have no right to.

YEAH RIGHT!!!!

I love how blacks treat whites. This excuse of, you haven't experienced what we have arguement, really puts you in the drivers seat, where whites can never comment on anything.

I've got news for you, neither did you!!!! Unless you went through slavery and the early 30's-60's than I really don't think you have any right to speak out about treatment.

All I hear from you is victimization! In fact that is all I ever hear from the black community. Victims excuses and poor ol me. I've got a really good suggestion for the black community which I think would help greatly.

remember the past and live in the now!!

Honestly, you can't relate. Listen, I don't have a 6 figure job, but I do have a good job with benefits and my own home so I'm not one of the people you are talking about. I just have a problem when people, as yourself, act as if racism in America is dead and is a figment of our imagination.

In no way have I said that racism is dead, but I am saying that it is on both sides as well. You seem to want to believe that it is ONLY black people that can relate to racism and it is ONLY a big deal to black people. That is not the case.

Well you must be doing better then me because I dont own a home and my job sucks.

Guest sith lord
Well, according to black people, if you're white, than you're the problem and should keep your mouth shut. There should be no dialog except from the black community becuase whites just don't know!!!

If blacks say it's so, than by goley it's so!!

I'm sorry, bweing white I just didn't understand, I'll send my reparation check in the mail as soon as I can. I'll be sure to pay for my forefathers sins over and over again till I'm dead, and I will never speak of my opinion since I wasn't aware that since I;m not black I have no right to.

YEAH RIGHT!!!!

I love how blacks treat whites. This excuse of, you haven't experienced what we have arguement, really puts you in the drivers seat, where whites can never comment on anything.

I've got news for you, neither did you!!!! Unless you went through slavery and the early 30's-60's than I really don't think you have any right to speak out about treatment.

All I hear from you is victimization! In fact that is all I ever hear from the black community. Victims excuses and poor ol me. I've got a really good suggestion for the black community which I think would help greatly.

remember the past and live in the now!!

You guys hear/read a few quotes and you totally twist it. No one brought up reparations, YOU DID. Where did that come from? Do you think that's what this is all about?

You guys hear/read a few quotes and you totally twist it. No one brought up reparations, YOU DID. Where did that come from? Do you think that's what this is all about?

I didnt bring that up and I wouldnt because I dont think any intelligent person is going to think they will get 40 acres. And what are you going to do with a mule in the district anyways? :silly:

Guest sith lord
In no way have I said that racism is dead, but I am saying that it is on both sides as well. You seem to want to believe that it is ONLY black people that can relate to racism and it is ONLY a big deal to black people. That is not the case.

Well you must be doing better then me because I dont own a home and my job sucks.

No, you're implying that whites deal with racism on the same scale as blacks and that is not true. And I do believe it's only a big deal to blacks because blacks have to deal with it much more than any other race.

Also, I said I had a good job, I didn't say it didn't suck. I can't stand my boss. It is a good job, so I won't quit.

Guest sith lord
I didnt bring that up and I wouldnt because I dont think any intelligent person is going to think they will get 40 acres. And what are you going to do with a mule in the district anyways? :silly:

I know a family that did get 40 acres.

Archived