Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bye Bye ESPY, Hello Trouble...

Zarg

These guys got CUT from DREADFUL teams (Cin and Hou). How is that a nice change? We're taking the scrubs from the worst teams in the league. That's a terrible change.

Obviously the team thinks they have some talent or they wouldn't have signed them. It's a nice change that we're apparently looking at players we believe have TALENT rather than just guys who have good character. Character doesn't win football games. Talent does. So TALENT, not character should be the first thing we look at in signing free agents.

Isn't this old news?

Jason

Yep. The team released Espy back on March 17. About a month ago.

Link: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=34904

News & Notes: Espy, Harris Released

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

March 17, 2008

The Redskins have released wide receivers Mike Espy and Steven Harris, the team announced on Monday.

--------

Old news.

hmmm Moss and Randle El are swine....interesting... i will keep the few names I have for you inside because you are clueless.

They're definitely not talented enough or big enough play-makers to be on any team that I would put together.

BTW - call me whatever names you want, I won't see them.

mathis and askew, you can tell gibbs is gone

I'm sick of this BS...

Didn't Joe Gibbs draft Sean Taylor? Wasn't he a "problem" guy his first couple of years? RIP, but still... Didn't we bring back Fred Smoot after the boat incident? Guys deserve second chances and bringing in guys like Mathis and Askew isn't going to destroy any chemistry on this team... Give me a break.

Posted: 04/11/2008

Redskins add DT Askew, cut WRs Espy, Harris

Associated Press

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins signed defensive tackle Matthias Askew on Monday, bringing back a player they waived before last season.

Washington Redskins

Complete coverage:

Video | Schedule | Stats

Roster | Depth chart | Transactions

Official team site: Redskins.com

The 6-foot-5, 302-pound Askew played in five games in 2004 and one in 2005 with the Cincinnati Bengals, who drafted him in the fourth round out of Michigan State.

The Bengals waived him before the 2006 season. He was with the Redskins during the 2007 preseason before being let go.

Askew filed a $50 million lawsuit against the city of Cincinnati in 2006, accusing police officers of excessive force when they used a stun gun to subdue him.

In other moves Monday, the Redskins released wide receivers Mike Espy and Steven Harris.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80745c47&template=without-video&confirm=true

whats with the espy man crush?

Yep. This group is much more interested in TALENT, which actually wins games, than they are in character or the ability to sing Kum Bi Ya in harmony with their fellow players. It's actually a nice change if you ask me.
Dead ON.

Nuff said.

quite a few? You mean 2 players that have each had one incident each that we don't know the full details on other than one had the charges dropped and the other was found not guilty?
No, I meant what I stated, quite a few. Some have been involved in multiple incidents and some did not have their charges dropped.

No, I meant what I stated, quite a few. Some have been involved in multiple incidents and some did not have their charges dropped.

Fine. Name them.

We've got Askew, Mathis, and then Fred Smoot. Who else on our team has been in serious trouble with the law? I'm not talking about traffic ticket bull****. Who's actually been cuffed or jailed for something? Can you give me some names while you're up on that soapbox?

Yep. This group is much more interested in TALENT, which actually wins games, than they are in character or the ability to sing Kum Bi Ya in harmony with their fellow players. It's actually a nice change if you ask me.

Ok, so how is Zorn bringing in Askew in 2008 a "nice change" from Gibbs bringing in Askew in 2007? lol...

Fine. Name them.

We've got Askew, Mathis, and then Fred Smoot. Who else on our team has been in serious trouble with the law? I'm not talking about traffic ticket bull****. Who's actually been cuffed or jailed for something? Can you give me some names while you're up on that soapbox?

By reading my initial post you can plainly see I am referring to my concerns with the teams choices in the pending draft.
I must admit this troubles me with the draft right around the corner. There are quite a few very good players in need positions for the Redskins that have strong character flaws.
No soapbox.

Archived