Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mock My Words!

JC2MOSS

DE Calais Campbell, Awesome range... Awesome upside

WR Malcolm Kelly, I am still very high on Kelly.

OGRoy Schuening, I am hoping he`s here at this pick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxOYOzAyh7U

CB Antwaun Molden... Yeah, I said it. Could be best of the bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfsGgyDNyx8

DT Frank Okam, Great pick for the Skins.

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile--frank-okam---dt?autoplay=true[/font]

ILB/DE Jameel McClain, Some project him around the 5th round and some project him as undrafted. I like him and wouldnt mind this pick if he`s there.

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---jameel-mcclain---lb?autoplay=true[/font]

C/G Fernando Valasco, Reach for some upsidehere.He can play all along the line.

WR Marcus Henry, Big and fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biXnh7QJkzA&feature=related

That`s my mock... And I`m stickin to it!

:point2sky

Thanks for the input... VERY useful :thumbsup:
Well, at least you didn't take a lighthearted jab at your poor formatting too personally. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now that I can actually read it, it's worse. Campbell and Kelly have proven they don't belong. Of course, once Kelly runs his 40 on astroturf, despite that surface no longer being used in the NFL, i'm sure things will change.

If we got those first three, I think it would be a very successful draft.

I think Campbell will be better in the pros with his size and all.

And I think Kelly is going to drop and be a steal because of the speed issues in his workout. He's a much better WR than his 40 time reflects, his strength is going over the middle, taking big hits and holding on to the ball and that's what we need in our offense. We already have the speed guys we need big guys that can get the jump ball and go over the middle.

I don't understand your Frank Okam pick. He's a big run stuffer and the Skins already have players that can fit that role on the team. Drop 50lbs and get a DT that can penetrate into the backfield.

Okam can collapse the pocket. And demand double teams. He has pass rushing ability.

If we got those first three, I think it would be a very successful draft.

I think Campbell will be better in the pros with his size and all.

And I think Kelly is going to drop and be a steal because of the speed issues in his workout. He's a much better WR than his 40 time reflects, his strength is going over the middle, taking big hits and holding on to the ball and that's what we need in our offense. We already have the speed guys we need big guys that can get the jump ball and go over the middle.

I don't get how Campbell will be better in the pros. I'm not bashing you, just trying to understand why you say that. In the NFL guys can't rely on pure physical talent or size to beat their guy. They have to have great technique as well as very good leverage, etc. Those are things Campbell doesn't have. He basically (from what I've seen) use his size to get to the QB. His technique is relatively sloppy and he plays too high (I understand that he is almost 6'8 but that is all the more reason he needs to learn to play with better leverage...Peppers is 6'7 and doesn't seem to have a problem with it). He could be very good in the NFL but he is going to be a big time project IMO. And in the 1st round I don't really want to draft a guy who is a big time project and has such a high bust potential.

You`re kidding... Right?

:doh:

Absolutely not. Watching Campbell at the combine was painful. He looked immobile, uncoordinated, slow in his movements and generally unathletic. His early collegiate success was due to size. That won't fly in the NFL. His lack of technique, strength and speed will ensure he won't succeed at the next level. He DOESN'T belong.

Kelly has more potential, but his recent proday and subsequent scrambling have shed light on character flaws. He blames his own school for sabotage because he had to run on fieldturf without prep. He plans to run on astroturf(which isn't used in the NFL) and is know to produce faster times. However, he won't allow ANY scouts inside. I'm not sure what that tells you, but it tells me he doesn't get it and therefore DOESN'T belong.

I don't get how Campbell will be better in the pros. I'm not bashing you, just trying to understand why you say that. In the NFL guys can't rely on pure physical talent or size to beat their guy. They have to have great technique as well as very good leverage, etc. Those are things Campbell doesn't have. He basically (from what I've seen) use his size to get to the QB. His technique is relatively sloppy and he plays too high (I understand that he is almost 6'8 but that is all the more reason he needs to learn to play with better leverage...Peppers is 6'7 and doesn't seem to have a problem with it). He could be very good in the NFL but he is going to be a big time project IMO. And in the 1st round I don't really want to draft a guy who is a big time project and has such a high bust potential.

I understand what you're saying and he's not my first pick but from what I understand, wasn't he struggling with injury this past season? Also, I think he has the size, strength and athletic ability to be a great pass-rushing DE. I personally think technique can be coached but size and strength can't. Then again I could be completely off here.

Absolutely not. Watching Campbell at the combine was painful. He looked immobile' date=' uncoordinated, slow in his movements and generally unathletic. His early collegiate success was due to size. That won't fly in the NFL. His lack of technique, strength and speed will ensure he won't succeed at the next level. He DOESN'T belong.

Kelly has more potential, but his recent proday and subsequent scrambling have shed light on character flaws. He blames his own school for sabotage because he had to run on fieldturf without prep. He plans to run on astroturf(which isn't used in the NFL) and is know to produce faster times. However, he won't allow ANY scouts inside. I'm not sure what that tells you, but it tells me he doesn't get it and therefore DOESN'T belong.[/quote']

So... The combine and Pro Day determine everything about a player.

Again.. Thanks for the input. :pooh:

Kelly has more potential' date=' but his recent proday and subsequent scrambling have shed light on character flaws. He blames his own school for sabotage because he had to run on fieldturf without prep. He plans to run on astroturf(which isn't used in the NFL) and is know to produce faster times. However, he won't allow ANY scouts inside. I'm not sure what that tells you, but it tells me he doesn't get it and therefore DOESN'T belong.[/quote']

I don't really think he has any character issues. He had a right to be upset when every other draft candidate ran on astroturf in their workouts (which does improve your 40 time). He has his entire future resting on these workouts and everything should at least be equal with what the other candidates had.

Again, even with the astroturf he isn't the fastest receiver in the draft by any means but we aren't looking for pure speed. we already have speedsters.

Kelly is known for taking punishment and holding on to the ball no matter what and that's what we need, a big red-zone target besides Cooley and a guy that can go over the middle.

I think your mock is pretty good in terms of addressing our needs.

I also think it's realistic in that there is a chance that all of those players may be there for the taking at the positions where you show them being selected.

As far as the selections themselves, well, I don't feel very comfortable with Campbell as our #1 or Kelly as our #2.

Campbell underachieved last season but he had a great season when our current DL coach was his coach at Miami. So, if the Skins pick him, they obviously will have decided that they can help him to become a quality player. I'm just not as sure of that as you are.

Although Kelly might be there at #51 because he's dropping like a stone, that won't make him any faster. Perhaps he should run his timed 40 on the moon where there is less gravity to hold him back.

I would be very happy to get Schuening and Molden in the 3rd round. I think they are good picks on your part.

So... The combine and Pro Day determine everything about a player.

Again.. Thanks for the input. :pooh:

You keep downplaying my ideas, but provide nothing but youtube videos as your evidence. If you aren't going to factor in failure at the combine/proday then you are missing a lot of information. My eval of Campbell isn't JUST based on the combine. You know, there were doubts about him before because of his drop in production. Scouts had similar concerns going into the combine and they were confirmed by his poor performance.

Also, my point about Kelly wasn't even that he failed, it's how he dealt with the failure. Something I'm sure you are all too familiar with.

I don't really think he has any character issues. He had a right to be upset when every other draft candidate ran on astroturf in their workouts (which does improve your 40 time). He has his entire future resting on these workouts and everything should at least be equal with what the other candidates had.

Again, even with the astroturf he isn't the fastest receiver in the draft by any means but we aren't looking for pure speed. we already have speedsters.

Kelly is known for taking punishment and holding on to the ball no matter what and that's what we need, a big red-zone target besides Cooley and a guy that can go over the middle.

You NAILED IT!!!

:point2sky

Scouts had similar concerns going into the combine and they were confirmed by his poor performance.

He is going to be drafted in the 1st round... Hands down.

So, the "upside" I am excited about, obviously outweighs the "concerns" that you and all your scout friends have.

He is going to be drafted in the 1st round... Hands down.

So, the "upside" I am excited about, obviously outweighs the "concerns" that you and all your scout friends have.

Care to make a bet on that? I can only assume that you are drafting for one of the 32 NFL teams. You still haven't provided ANY pertinent evidence to support your claims or to rebutt mine.

If you are down with the bet, this is what I propose. The loser has to put the phrase I don't know what I'm talking about in size 7 font in their sig until the start of the season.

:laugh: The whole point about Campbell was that his collegiate production dropped off SIGNIFICANTLY.

As for the bet, that's what I thought. You are weak like the Ukraine. We could make it in size one or even ninja writing if that's what you're comfortable with. ;)

Yeah... His college career was so bad that he is a 1st round lock.

And your whole "You wanna make a bet" mentality shows your maturity level when you are in disagreement and is truly nothing short of pathetic.

Grow up bro.

Archived