Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

www.nfldraftcountdown.com mock updated 4-11-08

morpheusmeyers

If the Redskins pick Campbell and a kid from UCONN in the first two rounds, my blood pressure would probably go up so high that my head would shoot into the upper levels of the atmosphere.

Campell is a guy I don't want AT ANY PICK. Besides, didn't we learn our lesson about drafting guys named "Campbell" in the first round when we selected the absolute bust of a QB we currently have as our starter?

UCONN? UCONN? I thought the Redskins played in the NFL, not the NBA. UCONN's football program IS A JOKE. Take it from someone who lives less than an hour from their campus. I have underwear that's older than UCONN's tenure in Division IA football. There's no reason to even scout kids from that fourth-rate program.

If the Redskins pick Campbell and a kid from UCONN in the first two rounds, my blood pressure would probably go up so high that my head would shoot into the upper levels of the atmosphere.

Campell is a guy I don't want AT ANY PICK. Besides, didn't we learn our lesson about drafting guys named "Campbell" in the first round when we selected the absolute bust of a QB we currently have as our starter?

UCONN? UCONN? I thought the Redskins played in the NFL, not the NBA. UCONN's football program IS A JOKE. Take it from someone who lives less than an hour from their campus. I have underwear that's older than UCONN's tenure in Division IA football. There's no reason to even scout kids from that fourth-rate program.

UVA lost to Montana and only beat UCONN by one.

I would say UVA football is a joke overall, does that mean that Chris Long and Brandon Albert aren't worth picking?

I would say UVA football is a joke overall, does that mean that Chris Long and Brandon Albert aren't worth picking?

I wouldn't select either of them because of the college they're coming from, and Albert because he's only a Junior. I've discussed my criteria for draft picks previously. A quick search of my recent (probably about 2 weeks) posts should tell you everything you need to know on that issue; so let's not hijack this thread with another discussion of that topic.

Let's face it which ever way they go in the first round, by the end of round three they should have a cb, de, wr and the fourth player is a best available. I agree that the skins could stand to get younger at ol but I believe that buges is the best offensive line coach in the business so grooming a mid to late round pick won't be devastating. I would not be surprised to see anything in this draft. I could see them drafting 2 wr's or a top flight rb. Nothing will surprise me but I hope they do their homework as far as talent is concerned. Also a mid to late round safety wouldn't be out of the question. I will throw the name craig steltz. He played with laron landry in college so there would be fimiliarity and communication.

Calais Campbell is the LAST guy I would take. Every Miami game I saw this past season, he did NOTHING. The guy is NOT the 2nd coming of Too Tall Jones and has bust written all over him. I'm betting he won't last 5 years in the NFL.

This post fails on so many levels....just to counteract it, I now hope that not only do we draft C.Cambell....I hope we hire Unkle Luke Campbell in some capacity, and Campbell's soup drops McNabb and signs an exclusive agreement with the Redskins.

luthercampbell.jpg

I also have some comments about Naomi and Neve Campbell....but i'll leave that alone for now...

I don't get why Campbell's stock still has him in the 1st round, letalone at 21 considering how crappy he looked at the combine. Not just the numbers he put up, but he looked stiff and awkward in position drills.

Its pretty ridiculous if you ask me. When we could have had much better options at 21, like Sweed, or even if we were hell bent on aquiring a pass rusher, get Quentin Groves. He's actually very very good.

UVA lost to Montana and only beat UCONN by one.

UVA just about made it to the ACC championship game had Tech not beat them at the end of the year. They have slowly turned things around and are getting better.

I really am surprised NFL Draft Countdown still has C. Campbell ranked so high. I've seen him in other mocks going as low as our 2nd round pick. While that seems a bit too low, #21 is awfully high for a guy who had a down season and was unimpressive at the combine.

Given who is available at #21 in this mock draft, Talib is a smarter pick, imo. Heck, I'd prefer Q.Groves, J. Hardy, or L. Jackson to Campbell.

I've never seen the CB from CT play, but I don't like some of the things mentioned on his scouting report...

"Does not have very good hands or ball skills."

"Is not a playmaker."

Also, not int's last year and only 3 in his career. Great speed though...4.31.

Jordy just seems like a perfect fit in the 2nd, given who is available in this mock. He's got the size, and should do well in a WCO. Some of the other guys I'd also prefer to the CT CB are D. Moore, T. Porter, and maybe E. Henderson or E. Doucet. Not sold on Doucet, though.

Has anyone actually seen CT play? If so, is the CB worth taking in the 2nd?

UVA just about made it to the ACC championship game had Tech not beat them at the end of the year. They have slowly turned things around and are getting better.

You're missing my point, I was disagreeing with MSF-UVA frequently produces NFL ready players.

They were in fact turning their program around but after the dismissals of Sewell and Williams I don't see them doing much next year.

Also Peter Lalich is terrible, UVA is going to have a really rough year.

If you check the nfldraftcountdown's scouting report on Calais Campbell do any of you think he could play at d.t. and be the interior disrupter that Blache wants?

He lacks the speed to be a great pass rusher,but i know he is a little tall for a d.t.

Is Campbell just a poor man's phillip Daniels?

Archived