Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Trial postponed until August for four accused in Taylor's death

MWLthe1st

MIAMI -- A Miami judge has postponed the trial of four men accused in the slaying of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor until August.

Defense attorneys and prosecutors said Friday they weren't prepared for trial to begin April 7 as initially planned. Circuit Judge Dennis Murphy rescheduled the case for Aug. 25.

Taylor, an All-Pro safety, was shot during a botched robbery attempt at his Miami home in November.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3317231

I know everyone has a right to fair trial, but this seems like a weak tactic to stall the trial. They've had long enough to get things together.

That's what I figured at first but it said both the defense and the prosecuters were not ready so........ :whoknows:

They can delay it all they want, they will have to face the judge eventually. Hopefully justice will be served. :fingersx:

That's what I figured at first but it said both the defense and the prosecuters were not ready so........ :whoknows:

Sadly I meant both. It seems to me the DA wants as much publicity for this trial as they can get. And the defense wants reason to stall on what could lead to the death penalty for the shooter(unless it was removed?).

I hope I'm wrong and reading into a conspiracy theory though.

I do agree though, eventually they will have to stand in front of the gavull and hopefully it falls on them.

:cheers:

Sadly I meant both. It seems to me the DA wants as much publicity for this trial as they can get. And the defense wants reason to stall on what could lead to the death penalty for the shooter(unless it was removed?).

I hope I'm wrong and reading into a conspiracy theory though.

Oh ok, I see what you are saying. :cheers:

You might be right.

I do agree though, eventually they will have to stand in front of the gavull and hopefully it falls on them.

:cheers:

Amen brother!!

im somewhat disgusted when people say I hope they get what they deserve or hope they die...Do you really want the people who had nothing to do with Seans death to die or have the entire life runied? I guarentee the accomplices will get time and the guy who killed Sean is going away for a while and may get the death penalty, I know Floridas really pro death penalty...BTW theyre stalling like in any other case in history that involves the death penaty, and if convicted itll be 5-10 years before its carried out....FYI

anyway i digress....At first I was mad but then i started thinking is that what Sean would want? For the guys who were just there to have their whole lives taken away and the gunman to be put to death...the whole situation is sad for everyone and to just say justice will be served is highly insensitive....

Perhaps we should look past punishing the people responsible and look for a solution to the problem itself.....everyday this sort of thing happens, whens it gonna stop.....

Archived