Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius subscribers: Jon Jansen on the show tonight 9pm

Wahoo Hoosier

Elka and MrTim ... you know what you can do with your BS Flags ... Next time listen to the show before you shoot your mouth off.

Calm down dude, they are entitled to their own opinion, they wernt even going on you.

I heard the replay this morning on the way in. He did say that he would like to see us draft a big receiver...6'3" or 6'4" with speed. He went on to say that we have good rec.s, but this is what we're missing. He also said Zorn seems to be very good for the team. He likes that Zorn played in the pros not that long ago and can relate to the players both on and off the field. He said Zorn gives good advice about handling both on field issues and personal issues as it relates to the game, he knows what everyones job is and how it should be done in order to succeed.

He also said that the Redskins are not getting involved with the FA because of the lessons learned with Adam Arch. and Lloyd. He said they could get anyone they want, it's a matter of being smart with their money this year and not making the mistakes they have made in the past 2 years. He talked about Zorn knowing the importance of the OL from being a QB. The rest was pretty much just banter between him and Tucker about the draft.

I caught one segment with Jansen, and the interviewer, not sure who it was, brought up the topic of how the Redskins always take one step forward and two steps back. He went all the way back to the Norv Turner years and insinuated that the Redskins were just getting good when Norv was fired (really??..musta missed that) and then said the pattern repeated with Schottenheimer (I agree on that one) and then talked about how the Skins shot themselves in the foot with the Ol Ball Coach (amen to that one) and then the announcer annoyed the heck out of me when he said that now it looked like the Skins had done it again..just as Joe Gibbs had got things on the right track they went and took two steps backwards with the hiring of Zorn. I commented to my wife that last year when Dallas hired that goofy ol Captain Kangaroo looking Wade Phillips it was like the Second Coming of Jimmy Johnson but the Redskins go and get someone out of the mainstream and it's already bad before the first play is even called. My wife agreed with me and she's a Beagles fan! Jansen seemed kind of annoyed to me too and he was very complimentary of what he's seen of Zorn so far. I got home at that point and went inside..didn't hear the rest of the interview.

I commented to my wife that last year when Dallas hired that goofy ol Captain Kangaroo looking Wade Phillips. QUOTE]

lol, Captain Kangaroo....lol, showing your age there my man. We should start a poll of how many of us actually remember that show.:laugh:

I dont remember most of the interview, but he did say this definetley. This part suck out to me because. Why would an o-lineman say " we need O line helpl" .... It could cost him his job at some point.

Ross Tucker eluded to the fact when he used to watch the draft, he cared about 2 things

1. What defensive linemen were drafted to other teams

2. What O linemen were drafted to his team he'd have to compete against.

Actually, Tucker said he would sit with a 12 pack and watch the draft, and everytime his team didn't pick an OL, he would have a mini celebration and down a brewskie, he told his co-host all he cared about is not hiring his replacement.....to which they both laughed, then Tucker said it was the truth, lol. Jansen was the one talking about being interested in the other teams DE picks so he could start preparing for them.

Elka and MrTim ... you know what you can do with your BS Flags ... Next time listen to the show before you shoot your mouth off.

That's right. If you don't like someones recap (espcially when the recap is right on) then listen to it yourself, or don't ask for a recap.

Calm down dude, they are entitled to their own opinion, they wernt even going on you.

Why should he calm down? And they were going after him.

given your propensity to go way over the top with things, like ridiculously over the top, I had no reason to believe you, and it sounded just like something that fits what you have been wanting. I made a mistake, that was indeed what Jansen said, so I apologize. Maybe you should consider being a more serious poster at times and your credibility won't come in to question as much.

That's right. If you don't like someones recap (espcially when the recap is right on) then listen to it yourself, or don't ask for a recap.

Why should he calm down? And they were going after him.

We both thought he was just making it up in his recap, as his post history doesn't exactly lend him tons of credibility. I've already since corrected it anyways, but thanks for butting in on something Gregpeck already responded to and where your comments are totally unnecessary.

I wasn't "going after him" I thought he was making it up, as he does tend to go over the top on things. Maybe you need to calm down, just like you were advised to do yesterday.

If you bothered to notice I quoted his "BS" flag and asked for clarification as to WHY he was throwing that up; if he was saying the poster was lying which I thought was rather odd. So I was questioning his use of it, not doing the same. Lighten up, Francis.

:laugh: :notworthy

Holy crap, someone got the reference! Even with the damn pic I can't tell you how many people think it's just a pot refernce, or elk, or just plain had no clue.

The sidekick was Baba Looey.

That is also how Gary Dell'Abate got the name Baba Booey.

Archived