Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The House That Joe Gibbs Built

Commander Adama

Great post. I'm so thankful for what Gibbs has done. I was beginning to worry it was all for naught when I thought DS would hire Fassel. But relieved when Zorn was tapped. And even enthused when I learned how similar he is to a younger Joe Gibbs.

Thanks Coach!

Is that a serious question? You are telling me that you don't think that Gibbs improved this team? You heard Portis....Gibbs turned them into men. And when you are a man you can work as a team better. He brought our team together and brought in quite a few good players. You think we can't improve unless we win a Superbowl? The Pats can't improve unless they win a Superbowl. We made major improovements.

I believe the goal is the SUPER BOWL, not the playoffs, not being competitive, being DOMINANT and WINNING the SUPER BOWL. This team is no closer to being DOMINANT or WINNING a SUPER BOWL than it was when Joe Gibbs took oaver this team. It's that simple.

I guess the Redskins going to the playoffs twice in three years isn't an improovment from going 0 years since like 2001.

Some of us don't believe that "The Playoffs" are the goal. Some of us believe that WINNING THE SUPER BOWL is the goal, and I for one don't believe we're really any closer to doing that than we were when JJG took over.

I believe the goal is the SUPER BOWL, not the playoffs, not being competitive, being DOMINANT and WINNING the SUPER BOWL. This team is no closer to being DOMINANT or WINNING a SUPER BOWL than it was when Joe Gibbs took oaver this team. It's that simple.

Some of us don't believe that "The Playoffs" are the goal. Some of us believe that WINNING THE SUPER BOWL is the goal, and I for one don't believe we're really any closer to doing that than we were when JJG took over.

Some of us believe it takes more than a minute to build a franchise. There is no one that goes from the cellar to the penthouse in a year. Franchises take time to build and when JG came here this team was in CHAOS. Total and complete Chaos, wrong attitude from FO, wrong attitude from players, wrong EVERYTHING.

if you cant see that we are better off now than where we were 4 years ago, well you just dont understand team.

How many has any other coach for the Washington Redskins won?

Very true. With the exception of the first Gibbs regime, there has not been ANY coach in Redskins history who has built anything other than a house of cards for this franchise. Take away the decade of 1982 - 1992 and the Washington Redskins = Arizona Cardinals so far as I am concerned.

So you are telling me that we were a better team in 2001 than we are today?

I'm telling you that we're no closer to winning another Super Bowl right now than we were in 2001, 1999, 1997, or any other point in the debacle that has been the Washington Redskins in the last twelve to fourteen years.

Very true. With the exception of the first Gibbs regime, there has not been ANY coach in Redskins history who has built anything other than a house of cards for this franchise. Take away the decade of 1982 - 1992 and the Washington Redskins = Arizona Cardinals so far as I am concerned.
I'm telling you that we're no closer to winning another Super Bowl right now than we were in 2001, 1999, 1997, or any other point in the debacle that has been the Washington Redskins in the last twelve to fourteen years.
So you are telling me that we were a better team in 2001 than we are today?

HAIL!

Don't bother, RedskinRobofRadford. Mass_SkinsFan is a covert Skins hater who'd like nothing more than for the Skins to lose every game - every year. Oh, and don't dare disagree with him because he'll start yelling, kicking, screaming like a child and throw you on his ignore ignore list. (BWAHAHAHA! :laugh: )

:cheers:

Even though you won't see this...

Wow - so I guess George Allen was just a useless crazy old fart. :doh: Just when I think I can't hear any stupider statements, you always manage to surprise me...

Ok. Thanks for the warning. This guy doesn't know anything about football. I won't waste my time.

If you're spending much time in The Stadium you're wasting it already, Rob. This place is so full of blind homerism of the most disgusting and nauseating sorts that it's almost unreadable much of the time. Unfortunately you need to check REALITY at the door to be considered anything other than a hater in this forum. Just keep that in mind.

Mass....I hate to say it but I have already realized that you have about as much football intelligence as my dogs terds. Why do you even get on the message board if you are such an angry ignorant person?

That's fine. You have a right to think whatever you want about me. Personally, I'd have to agree with you in this regard... there's probably more intelligence about this team in your dog's crap that there is in this forum. That I have no doubt about.

What we'll disagree on is where the crap in this forum comes from. Personally, I think it's mostly from those fans who continue to blindly support a team and that hasn't PLAYED IN, never mind actually WON a meaningful game since my Senior Year at Middletown High School. Personally that falls under the definition of insanity in my book. But I'm sure you'd tell me that it's those of us who actually expect RESULTS rather than effort (which I don't even really think is there) who are the crap.

I'm here at ES for a simple reason.... because it's a place where I can vent the anger and frustration I have from being a fan of this team without putting my hand through a door, a bullet through my television, or contemplating other less than polite or useful outlets for those feelings.

Not only did Joe help change the philosophy of our whole franchise, but he gave us the 05 and 07 seasons that had some of the most memorable games in my lifetime. It was the most fun Ive had watching the Redskins since I was a little kid

Haha this guy is funny. If he really wanted to talk football I could eat him alive but he states no facts. No logical arguement. I am proud to be 200. I guess for every person that he finds is smarter than him he just throws them on his ignore list. It is going to be rather larger.

HAIL!

That is a little overboard imho.

Are you forgetting the worst clock management and 2 minute drill in the history of the NFL?

What about when after we got a safety against us....and Joe sent out the field goal kicker instead of the punter onto the field?

Are you a fan of double timeouts?

How about not even being on the same page with G Williams for the 10 man salute?

I would say Gibbs was out in left field the last two seasons. Kind of like a senile old relative at a family get together.

No one really talks to him.....you just kind of smile at him and feel bad for him.

Bring on Zorn.....it can't possibly be any worse.

There's at least one in every crowd......wow!

If you can't recognize what this man has done for our team in the past and moving forward(as shown by our actions this off season), then, well, I just don't know what to say to you.....I'd expect that answer if you were in your early 20's. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but, wow.

Since JG I, how many coaches took us to the playoffs 2 out of 4 yrs? How many other coaches have taken us to the Superbowl? How many coaches have taught Snyder how to build a team? The 10 man salute? Maybe if GW had told Gibbs that he was going to do that, he might have been ok with it, Gibbs was upset that he wasn't told it was going to happen. How many coaches have been able to ad cohesiveness to our team? Has the man made mistakes? Show me one that hasn't!

ahhhh, it's Gibbs, I could go on forever..............Thanks for everything Mr. Gibbs and God bless!

nuff said.

Not only did Joe help change the philosophy of our whole franchise, but he gave us the 05 and 07 seasons that had some of the most memorable games in my lifetime. It was the most fun Ive had watching the Redskins since I was a little kid

It can be argued either way really.....there is certainly some merit to the "family feel" thing....although any coach would have provided that last season after ST's untimely passing.

It didn't matter who the coach was...the team would feel like more of a family after that event.

As far as the on the field performance goes.....I have no idea what improvements you are referring to.

Less than 100% effort.....practice on your own.....coaches not even learning the rulebook of the game......but cashing $5 million checks....not such a great thing imho.

Where I'm from sports aren't about FUN ddub. They're about WINNING, which is something this team hasn't done in better than a decade and a half, at least as I define it.

:laugh: Fun and winning go hand in hand. It was fun because we actually were winning! At least more than I had seen since I was 5 years old (with the exception of the 99 season) Plus we beat Dallas 4 out of the last 6 games we played them, and has some hard fought wins. I know he didnt bring us another Lombardi this time around, but I think that the point of the post was that he has set us up to hopefully win another one

There's at least one in every crowd......wow!

If you can't recognize what this man has done for our team in the past and moving forward(as shown by our actions this off season), then, well, I just don't know what to say to you.....I'd expect that answer if you were in your early 20's. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but, wow.

Since JG I, how many coaches took us to the playoffs 2 out of 4 yrs? How many other coaches have taken us to the Superbowl? How many coaches have taught Snyder how to build a team? The 10 man salute? Maybe if GW had told Gibbs that he was going to do that, he might have been ok with it, Gibbs was upset that he wasn't told it was going to happen. How many coaches have been able to ad cohesiveness to our team? Has the man made mistakes? Show me one that hasn't!

ahhhh, it's Gibbs, I could go on forever..............Thanks for everything Mr. Gibbs and God bless!

nuff said.

What exactly did he do on the field during his second stint again. Please give just two examples. Apparently you can "go on forever," how about just starting with two examples.

Did Joe get us to the playoffs last season? Or did an injury to JC get us to the playoffs.....bringing in the qb that Joe benched?

And in the offseason......JG chased free agents like no other. So what "philosophy" do you think he improved?

Seriously....can't wait to see the answer. Please give a few examples.

Archived